• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A glimpse into the future ...

G

These all are great ideas, and I hope to see them come to into the game soon

All tho im wondering on thing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use of floortiles to set permissions so that other (non roomie) players can set out items on the floor tiles on your lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why on earth would we want other ppl to change the floor tile? hehe

- Toby

LOL It is to set items on. Not change the tile. Like if you wanted to show someone a piece of custom content. You would not have to go home or trade with a roomie.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Use of floortiles to set permissions so that other (non roomie) players can set out items on the floor tiles on your lot.

- Toby

LOL It is to set items on. Not change the tile. Like if you wanted to show someone a piece of custom content. You would not have to go home or trade with a roomie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting concept. Perhaps I'll need to start carrying around my own personal toilet and shower to use on lots I visit that can no longer afford to repair theirs.

G

haha Gracie, well you could always say its because you have a fear of using public toilets.

I mean really. I don't know where these avatars have been. I don't want to catch something.

It is a good idea...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

- Toby

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting concept. Perhaps I'll need to start carrying around my own personal toilet and shower to use on lots I visit that can no longer afford to repair theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now THAT is an idea I like!
Gawd, how many times have I had to wait 'til some afk numbnut finally woke up and moved away from the only remaining working shower/toilet/computer?
I can see me now - whipping out my "Fold-A-Poo" portable toilet in my hostess's 'oh so tasteful' living room. Nyuck

Hey! It's gotta be better than doing #1 in the aquarium, right?

...and WAY better than #2

P

Purdy

You can also bring your own refrig, stove and dishwasher so you can cook your own food and clean up after yourself!!

G

That would come in really handy. Since we will have the ability to keep our lots open without being there.

P

poppet

TTL

All this stuff that greg mentioned in nothing but window dressing, how about some meat and potatoes, some ways to have fun, more things to do, more ways to achieve in game. More bookmarks really just doesnt do it for me. We need more ways to have fun, not ways that dont have much effect on anything.

G

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

All this stuff that greg mentioned in nothing but window dressing, how about some meat and potatoes, some ways to have fun, more things to do, more ways to achieve in game. More bookmarks really just doesnt do it for me. We need more ways to have fun, not ways that dont have much effect on anything.

[/ QUOTE ]Since you seem inclined to dismiss everything that's happened so far (and things yet to come) as "nothing more than window dressing", what is your idea of "more ways to have fun"?

J

Juliana

TTL

<blockquote><hr>

First I want to say Thanks to Greg for spending his free time listening to all of us. Many were there with problems and complaints and he was very patient and tried to help all.

Second I am all for something fun in the game, in fact that was my question to Greg. He said the team was looking at all the offline sims game items to see if they could be worked into the online version.

I for one would love the makin magic carnival stuff and the mini golf stuff. Snowball and waterball fights. Camping with tents and using our campfires. Also if the Sims2 stuff is ever available there is a great pirate ship, native dancing, swimming in the ocean and searching for treasure.

I am so tired of the make money and skill,skill, skill rut we are in and just want to play for fun. Wouldn't it be great if you and your friends could go to a vacation lot and just play?

Anyway just my thoughts.
Thanks again Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just curious &amp; playing Devil's Advocate here, but if this isnt "The Sims Online" anymore &amp; they are trying SOOOO very hard to make sure it is erased from existance, why are they looking to include MORE "SIM" stuff in the game but they continue to reiterate, this is NOT Sims Online anymore, its EALand?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

P

poppet

How about bumper cars, sims could create lots where they could have contests using them, or maybe mini golf, or mini race tracks, or bingo halls......

G

<blockquote><hr>

At the townhall today, Greg shared with us some of the stuff he is working on ...

# The ability to own more than one property, so that one sim can own either 2 or 3 properties on a paid account.

# Being able to set permissions so that friends or other players can open your lot when you are not online

# Use of floortiles to set permissions so that other (non roomie) players can set out items on the floor tiles on your lot.

# A "doorstop" - ability to have a property open when we are not there or online.

# Greg was asked if we could have more bookmarks (great question CountryGirl) and he said he'd look at that. The idea was then expanded so that bookmarks could count across the whole account, rather then just one sim.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

great news! hope they are in the near future

G

<blockquote><hr>

That would come in really handy. Since we will have the ability to keep our lots open without being there.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="blue">TTL
</font>

All this stuff that greg mentioned in nothing but window dressing, how about some meat and potatoes, some ways to have fun, more things to do, more ways to achieve in game. <font color="red">More bookmarks really just doesnt do it for me. </font> We need more ways to have fun, not ways that dont have much effect on anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you read Greg's post on page 2 of this thread?

<blockquote><hr>

ooh. yep if the ladies get a beauty shop the guys gotta get a race track!

But not just an auto racetrack. It should be dog and cat races too. Or maybe dog races and cat herding

Aside from the sims1 list, objects or fun stuff that we have floated or discussed (no particular order) : <font color="red">scriptable custom content (the most important imo), liar's dice, card games (cribbage, old maid, ???), trivia, tournament mode multi-player objects (e.g pizza team vs. pizza team), tournament builder/manager, job objects available and able to be re-skinned (e.g. factory conveyor belt might be useful for the race track), printing press and real newspapers, 'real' tvs (e.g. podcast) and radios (internet radio, standing playlist,...), extreme make over (e.g. change my head), clothes as objects (inventory, reskinning), architecture as objects (inventory, reskinning), mannequins, auction blocks, consignment blocks, for sale signs, calendar, new pets &amp; pet breeding &amp; pet mini-games, and more... </font> including a pointy stick (by request). Many of these came directly or evolved from the game wiki - and there are even more suggestions there.

The priorities we hope to drive to (in order):
1 Entertainment
2 Social
3 Custom Content
4 Economy (objects, currency, skills)

It feels like we've made good progess on 3 &amp; 4 (we aren't done, there is more tweaking needed - refer to 20+ thread regarding 'pools' ) Now we need to double down on one 1 &amp; 2.

Regards
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

P

poppet

Ummmmm, why yes i did. Katheryne asked me a question and i answered it. Is there a problem with that?

I guess you feel just because greg stated his ideas nobody else is allowed to answer questions or state what they like or feel.

Communism rules i suppose

G

<blockquote><hr>

ooh. yep if the ladies get a beauty shop the guys gotta get a race track!

But not just an auto racetrack. It should be dog and cat races too. Or maybe dog races and cat herding

Aside from the sims1 list, objects or fun stuff that we have floated or discussed (no particular order) : scriptable custom content (the most important imo), liar's dice, card games (cribbage, old maid, ???), trivia, tournament mode multi-player objects (e.g pizza team vs. pizza team), tournament builder/manager, job objects available and able to be re-skinned (e.g. factory conveyor belt might be useful for the race track), printing press and real newspapers, 'real' tvs (e.g. podcast) and radios (internet radio, standing playlist,...), extreme make over (e.g. change my head), clothes as objects (inventory, reskinning), architecture as objects (inventory, reskinning), mannequins, auction blocks, consignment blocks, for sale signs, calendar, new pets &amp; pet breeding &amp; pet mini-games, and more... including a pointy stick (by request). Many of these came directly or evolved from the game wiki - and there are even more suggestions there.

The priorities we hope to drive to (in order):
1 Entertainment
2 Social
3 Custom Content
4 Economy (objects, currency, skills)

It feels like we've made good progess on 3 &amp; 4 (we aren't done, there is more tweaking needed - refer to 20+ thread regarding 'pools'
) Now we need to double down on one 1 &amp; 2.

Regards
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

OOOooooooooHHHH how exciting - cant wait

G

<blockquote><hr>

How about bumper cars, sims could create lots where they could have contests using them, or maybe mini golf, or mini race tracks, or bingo halls......

[/ QUOTE ]

Add it to the wiki, cept racetracks were mentioned by Greg already.

P

poppet

Look simone, i answered a question posed to me by katheryne. If you don't like it, get over it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ummmmm, why yes i did. Katheryne asked me a question and i answered it. Is there a problem with that?

I guess you feel just because greg stated his ideas nobody else is allowed to answer questions or state what they like or feel.

Communism rules i suppose

Edited by poppet (04/17/08 05:16 AM)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, I thought you may have missed his post. Since you said bookmarks just wont do it for you. He named several things I would find "fun". If you do not like any of his ideas, so be it. However, you did mention a race track yourself. How in your world, would your suggestion be better than his?

She asked you a question after that. The post that I replied to is quoted in my question to you now. The post you put TTL: on. The post you said bookmarks just would not do it for you. The post in which you said everything he mentioned was just window dressing.
Then you repeated race tracks. In another post, that was in answer to what you think would be fun. I think you missed his post. I have not said anything mean to you. Get over it.

P

poppet

I never said i didnt like his ideas, if you read Katherynes post she specifically asked me what it was i thought would be fun. She didnt ask me what it was I thought that Greg would think is fun.

P

poppet

Is there a point to all this Simone, or did you simply wake up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm growing weary of explaing to you why i answered Katheryne's question. So im just through with your nonsense.

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what the developers have in mind is that the really creative ppl here will be making the fun stuff once the CC stuff gets expanded into making animations. I know I read that somewhere. It's just taking awhile for them to make a pgm easy enough for anyone to use.

G

<blockquote><hr>

All this info and no whining. Gotta love it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't let that pass.

In order for all this to come to pass, we'll prolly have to sacrifice a virgin.

This is EALand! Where the hel...ck are we gonna find a virgin???!!!

...pass the cheese.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't let that pass.

...pass the cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally had an answer.

But saying it would be taken as a "personal attack" by the person and I'd get in trouble ...

So I'll just giggle to myself in stead

G

<blockquote><hr>

I can't let that pass.

...pass the cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it when the posts are more fun than the game. I'm wiping up the diet coke I just spit out on the keyboard.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't let that pass.

...pass the cheese.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally had an answer.

But saying it would be taken as a "personal attack" by the person and I'd get in trouble ...

So I'll just giggle to myself in stead

[/ QUOTE ]Don't look at me! I'm the anti-virgin!