A fun PvP event we could do on Pacific.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I could also use a event like this to do a couple new reports here and there.. I thought about this after reading another thread of someone wanting more field PvP on Pacific.

The event would take place in an area, any area, it could be Moonglow, Minoc, Vesper, it would mostly be around a town. It would be a skirmish warfare event that all could participate, hosted by a Pacific Militia guild of some sort. Each person would be put into a group as a recruit, each group would have their own uniform, there would most likely just be two groups fighting one another at a pre-determined location. The goal of the battle would be annouced short before the event (for example, capture the flag or conquer a territory)

There would be rules as well such as only items crafted with simple tools. No Artifacts, no runic-crafted items, no jewelry, no talismans. Only use gm-made armor, weapons and shields with no magic mods. This would be to even out the playing field. Prior to each battle, someone would be made a General of each group, or as the group leader. He would have to prepare a strategy and command his troops.

As these items can easily be replaced, you don't even need to insure them. Due to fairness and balancing, powerful pets would not be allowed (for example, no Greater Dragons, no Rune Beetles, or 5 animals with pack instinct). As your alignment will be determined by color, your armor has to be dyed in a certain color, or you have to wear a robe of that color.

I say we try it.. :thumbsup:

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 3, 2009
i think it's a good idea and you need to push the idea a little harder.

however, anytime something was mentioned in the past referring to GM plain armor, or anything to that effect, people strayed away from the idea entirely :(

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

however, anytime something was mentioned in the past referring to GM plain armor, or anything to that effect, people strayed away from the idea entirely :(
Well.. I have never been known to push something harder, this is merely a rough draft though.. I am still taking ideas..

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'
sounds kinda stupid i mean why take all the time to do that, why not just have a pure mage tourney or so on so forth?

i mean ****.. lol

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
Right on Velv. I like the original ideas brother. Count me in , that sounds like a blast.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Or FL would have raided it, I would assume a couple guilds on pac would do the same today. Would be hard to get the tram folk involved.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2005
Haven
Or FL would have raided it, I would assume a couple guilds on pac would do the same today. Would be hard to get the tram folk involved.
Well, him and I are working on it... I have known him about 8 years now... I made fun of him a lot when we were younger... We all did, but he sure grew up and appriciates this game and genuinly cares about the players... I can support someone like that... The majority of it might be held in Tram, with everyone creating new players and joining ONE big guild... and they are seperated by the colors of their robes, everyone is equal... Skills are as you wish... No tamers... and we are trying to figure out a Jewlery situation... In the same guild anyone can attack anyone in any town... Tram or Fel..

We are still brainstorming, and I suggested to come on here and get ideas... Trust me it's a good, fun idea.

A chance to prove who really is top dawg.

M

mutau

Sounds like fun.

One question. what about the chars' affiliations? Everyone would have to drop factions or just come in on char that's not guilded/factions?

And mages use regs? no LRC suits?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2005
Haven
Sounds like fun.

One question. what about the chars' affiliations? Everyone would have to drop factions or just come in on char that's not guilded/factions?

And mages use regs? no LRC suits?
Create new chars...

And Yes, regs.

Again, we are still tinkering with the ideas.

It's Beta Stage.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
I like this idea. =] I would so be down for it! I think it would be easy to have character drop guild affiliation (I've done it for events myself) and create a new guild to do this. That way you can play on the character you want to play with and just have fun. It's not that hard to be reguilded.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
What I will do is make a guild called "Pacific Militia" or Tesla can.. Me and him will take our crafters and provide all the armor and weapons, we will set up a recruitment day and he can advertise it over his radio show, I will set up a table, chairs, banners, and many books in a location, probably the Britain bank, a place not too crowded, and then people can drop by and join it..

After all the recruiting is done.. We would need at least 10-14 people to make it fun.. We would then plan the event a week or so later.

M

mutau

If in fel, expect raids, dummies and such, unless you work with some of the zergs to help run it.

But still expects some deaths. hehehe.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
What I will do is make a guild called "Pacific Militia" or Tesla can.. Me and him will take our crafters and provide all the armor and weapons, we will set up a recruitment day and he can advertise it over his radio show, I will set up a table, chairs, banners, and many books in a location, probably the Britain bank, a place not too crowded, and then people can drop by and join it..

After all the recruiting is done.. We would need at least 10-14 people to make it fun.. We would then plan the event a week or so later.
You could easily just advertise the event and when everyone comes, that's when you could add everyone to guild and divide teams (at random). I don't think there's any reason to have people join the guild so far in advanced.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
You could easily just advertise the event and when everyone comes, that's when you could add everyone to guild and divide teams (at random). I don't think there's any reason to have people join the guild so far in advanced.
Good point, we can do that as well..

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2005
Haven
Yeah we'll do a set up (Brit someplace not busy, I loled)... Give people a week to build their chars. Or Soulstone... whatever...

John we should talk more in game today sometime bro. Get this thing hatched out and set a date and let it be known here so people can prepare... I think getting some x sharders might be fun.

We are trying to come up with ideas to make this as even as possible so no 1 person or town DOMINATES!

I had a crazy idea that I think John shot down... Everyone in their various town use the SAME NAME!But that would take away from awards and honorable mentions cause everyone would have the same name...

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah we'll do a set up (Brit someplace not busy, I loled)... Give people a week to build their chars. Or Soulstone... whatever...

John we should talk more in game today sometime bro. Get this thing hatched out and set a date and let it be known here so people can prepare... I think getting some x sharders might be fun.

We are trying to come up with ideas to make this as even as possible so no 1 person or town DOMINATES!

I had a crazy idea that I think John shot down... Everyone in their various town use the SAME NAME!But that would take away from awards and honorable mentions cause everyone would have the same name...
Right Tesla, we will have to meet in game later on. I have already made a guild and a forum for it. The guild is going to be a permanent one that I make, those who wish to stay or leave, that is up to you, but we will generally be using the same rules outside the event, and will mostly be for roleplayers, so this isn't a once in a while event I plan on having, but many. We could use it to create a coherent and political framework in which to create player driven quests and day to day interaction. One of the main goals here is to recognize the towns of Britannia. For those of you who wish to join now, you may contact me on my AIM: Eyrothath24 and my ICQ: 453908597.. I will be in Luna all day as well on "Palin".

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
Right Tesla, we will have to meet in game later on. I have already made a guild and a forum for it. The guild is going to be a permanent one that I make, those who wish to stay or leave, that is up to you, but we will generally be using the same rules outside the event, and will mostly be for roleplayers, so this isn't a once in a while event I plan on having, but many. We could use it to create a coherent and political framework in which to create player driven quests and day to day interaction. One of the main goals here is to recognize the towns of Britannia. For those of you who wish to join now, you may contact me on my AIM: Eyrothath24 and my ICQ: 453908597.. I will be in Luna all day as well on "Palin".
I think this is a good idea, but for players who just want to join for the event, I think you should make that possible.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Could set up one team in trinsic, the other in brit, follow the road (no mounts) or a few screens off, till they meet somewhere in the middle. and let the battle begin. Whoever is left standing when the smoke clears wins. Could be done in tram if everyone joins a guild, or 2 guilds at war.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2005
Haven
Could set up one team in trinsic, the other in brit, follow the road (no mounts) or a few screens off, till they meet somewhere in the middle. and let the battle begin. Whoever is left standing when the smoke clears wins. Could be done in tram if everyone joins a guild, or 2 guilds at war.
Or one guild... two diff robe colors to seperate teams.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
But 2 guilds at war would be orange to their enemy, and guild mates would be green. Could separate by color though for Photo purposes

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
I think the more nostalgic it is , the better. I say we make one guild and war another... The fights should take place at the Brit Graveyard , Moonglow , and Serps hold. There shall be much ale among us , and blood shed for that matter.

Also , all characters must have fros and mustaches. Even the ladies.

U

UltimateNoob

Sounds like a blast. We could do this on TC1 with newly made characters so we don't have to get our real ones dirty.:fight:

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Yah brit GY, No loot, make it like server wars.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 9, 2008
This sounds like a rip off of Elfball but in GM armor. We did similar capture the flag style games in SUPR with regular suits and it worked fine..perhaps there would be more participants if all items were allowed.

edit: does this seem like a thinly veiled attempt at guild recruitment or is it just me?

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
This sounds like a rip off of Elfball but in GM armor. We did similar capture the flag style games in SUPR with regular suits and it worked fine..perhaps there would be more participants if all items were allowed.

edit: does this seem like a thinly veiled attempt at guild recruitment or is it just me?
Nah.. I am basically making a very large attempt to promote roleplaying on Pacific.. Didn't mean to do any guild recruitment.. I have already mentioned to Tesla that we should probably do RP-Wars.. I want to create event guilds that revolve around politics, diplomacy, roleplaying and warring.

I have more events planned out rather than capture the flag.. Here is one I thought of with no name..

We take bagballs or crates and stack them real high and make bases out of them somewhat.. There is a blue team and a red team, etc.. And each team has 3-4(however many) crates that are locked and heavy enough so people have to drag them.. The objective would be to get the crates back to the base as quick as possible, and drop them into a certain location.. It would take place in a town with healers cause we would be dying a lot, and people can jump right back into battle when they are all healed.. The inside of the healers would be the safe zone till your ready to jump back in.. :thumbsup:

Is this kind of like elfball?

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 9, 2008
It would take place in a town with healers cause we would be dying a lot, and people can jump right back into battle when they are all healed.. The inside of the healers would be the safe zone till your ready to jump back in.. :thumbsup:

Is this kind of like elfball?

Yes.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
When I first read the post, it reminded me of Elfball, which then led to my guild idea. Which is what ElF did.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2005
Haven

No it's two UO media heads joining forces to have a little fun on our shard...

Lets try the glass being Half FULL Pink... Thanks.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2005
Haven
Well, I don't know what ElfBall is... BUT we are gonna do this anyway, and it should be fun... Those of you that don't want to spend time comming up with reasons why it won't/can't/shouldn't work can join us for a good time, we'll do it live on the radio. We have Whispering Rose Radio/ and Stratics on our side, it will get a LOT of UO media attention. And provide a TON of fun for everyone.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Boooo, that means I'm out.
[You should list things in Pacific time as this is a Pacific time shard and the actual date. =] Thaaaank you.]
Sorry, Pacific Time = Mountain Time where I live.. We're in the same time zone for some reason..

5:00 - 6:00 PM Pacific time, is when I would like to do it.. Halloween is coming up so we would have to do it sooner on the 17th or Nov 7th.

Tesla needs to craft me a bunch of weapons and armor. I will provide him the materials.