• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] A few unrelated questions

S

sayler04

First, my lckpicker is at 81.x skill, and out of curiosity I tried picking a paragon chest from miasma; I of course failed to pick the chest after severa attempts, but my skill gain tutor kept saying "too easy"; is this a bug, or is it really "too easy" to get gains off of? Incidentally, what is the minimum for opening a paragon chest?

Second, are there any wearables that increase lockpicking skill? The luna search sites don't even list it in their jewely drop down menus, so I assume jewels don't ever come with it, but is there anything else?

thnks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A Miasma chest should be level 6 - or 100 skill required. Only thing I can figure is that the skill tutor is out of its mind, or telling you the difficulty for another skill.

And, nothing has a Lockpicking bonus - the skills that can come on jewelry are in a post on the Craftsman forums.

J

Jermosh

Paragon chests depend on their Map Fame. So if its a lvl1 map critter it will give a lvl2 chest etc, etc.

Weird thing is I have never figured out how Miasma gives chests and Swoop does not yet.