• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General A few Boomerang related bugs.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. There seems to be a few mods that if added to a Boomerang break the Mystic Arc special move, hit area effects being one of the most noticeable offenders. These broken Boomerangs will let you "activate" the move but no mana is spent and nothing happens. Hit Fatigue was another mod I stumbled on that breaks this move and there are probably more.
2. If you manage to avoid certain mods and make a Boomerang that works then Mystic Arc is also applying it's effect in the wrong order. According to the moves intention it is suppose to hit the primary target for full force with a chaos damage explosion and the secondary target for half the damage of the first target. Currently it is the opposite of this, making it a very poor choice against your priority target, and even more so against a solo mob.

You are also probably aware that moves like Concussion Blow, the Boomerang's secondary don't play well with damage bonuses like Slayers, etc... this leaves the Boomerang in poor shape for most situations. For a weapon that is so rarely used it's an unfortunate situation.

Lastly I would also just like to mention that when reforging the Boomerangs on Test Center with Vicious/of Slaughter I was unable to get any other mod from Vicious/of Slaughter except HCI. It seemed like it wasn't recognizing the other mods from the category at all, and this was after 100's of charges with the varying hammers that let you select the property. (Up to Gold.) Just pointing this out as well in case it's unintended, it certainly was a tedious experience.

Last edited:

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An addendum to the final part of my first post.

After further testing on TC1 I noticed a much broader issue with reforging Vicious/Slaughter on all ranged weapons, not just Boomerangs. The name selection appears to "primarily" add hit chance increase to ranged weapons. I have to say "primarily" because out of hundreds of weapons made I did get one with just damage increase from Vicious/Slaughter, and one with damage increase and hit chance. Both cases sadly stand out as unique amongst my testing. In any case the Vicious/Slaughter selection functions drastically different for ranged than it does for melee and leads me to believe it has become broken somewhere along the line, if this was an intended change some clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.