• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Dark Secret

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

They looked broken. Bandaged, dirty, tired, and wounded. Just a handful over Forty Seven Hundred gathered on the wasted hillside. Their commanders stood before them, flying their banners, with resolve in their eyes...but a look of despair about them otherwise. Morgana rode the length of the line, looking into the faces of those she had fought with. The pain, the fatigue, and the utter defeat could be seen in every face. It was time to end it.

After making her way down the line, she rode back to the center. She turned briefly to gaze upon Casca's forces down in the lower land, settling in for the night. Their tents dotted the landscape as far as the eye could see. For a brief moment, she stared down upon them with hatred, and remembered why she had started all this. But it was too late. Their campaign was coming to an end.

She turned to face her army, and a hush fell over them.

"First I would like to thank each and every one of you for your sacrifice, your valor, your honor, your courage, and your loyalty" she said loudly. "We have stood bravely in the face of an oppressor. We have fought a great evil. And today, we still stand!"

This brought a wave of cheers and applause from the troops.

"We have lost many. Our ranks have shrank. You see it, all of you do. And we have all lost someone close to us" she continued. "But we have pressed on. We have fought, and suffered, and bled, and watched those we love die...and we have done it together."

This brought a far less cheerful reaction, as many in the ranks reflected upon her words, and those they had lost.

"In the beginning, we were full of ideas, full of energy, and full of life. But now, as I gaze upon you all, I see that we have lost most of those things...and that we are barely hanging on to existence" she said.

This brought a few complaints from the rank...a random 'No Mi'Lady!' and a couple of 'We fight on!'s.

Morgana took a moment, to allow them to settle down, and then continued "My friends, my guildmates, my allies, my family!! I cannot lie to you now. We are at half strength, we are poorly supplied, and we are against the wall!"

This brought murmurs and a few random comments about fighting on anyway.

"I have gathered you here, today, now...to offer any that wish to give up, a chance to walk away" she said.

This brought a raucous response, even some boos.

She waited until they settled down...and then continued "None of you have anything left to prove. Not to me. Not to anyone!"

The troops murmured and stirred. And someone shouted out..."Will you surrender mi'lady!!"

Morgana paused, and then replied "Never! I will NEVER SURRENDER!!!"

This brought wild cheers from the troops.

"So what say you all?! Will you lay down your weapons? Or will you follow me into this last battle?!" She said, drawing her swords.

The troops went crazy. No one was laying down their weapons.

"This ends tomorrow! We attack at first light!" Morgana yelled out.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

She could not sleep that night, so she had wandered out to the edge of the hillside. There she stood, alone in the darkness, surveying the campfires of Casca's army.

Too many she thought as her eyes scanned from one horizon to the next.

A cold hand upon her shoulder made her jump.

"Relax! It's me..." she heard, as she spun around to see the person that had startled her.

"Draken! What are you doing out here? You should be..." she said.

"...Asleep?" He replied. "I could say the same for you."

"I was..." she started, but couldn't finish it. She just said "Do me a favor?"

"Anything" he replied.

"Just hold me" she said, as he took her into his arms.

No more words were said, they just stood there embracing one another for what seemed to be an eternity.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Morgana. It's time" she heard.

"Katie?" Morgana managed, as she pulled the blanket closer to her face.

"Morgana. Come on. We can't be late today" Katie said harshly.

Her tone snapped Morgana into full consciousness.

"What's wrong?" Morgana asked.

Katie just shot her a look, but didn't say anything...she just turned and left the tent.

Morgana gathered her armor, and prepared herself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lord?" Casca heard in his sleep. "My Lord?"

Groggy, and half asleep, the elf lord responded "Yes?"

"It would appear that the LeFay's are not giving up. They are mounting an attack my Lord."

Casca rolled over on his back. It was the first time he has slept in his own bed in over a month. He sat up, slowly, and allowed himself to awaken for a moment or two before responding.

"Thank you Captain. Please send word to the field commanders that there shall be no survivors. I want Morgana LeFay's head brought here, to my castle when the battle is done. Is that understood?" he responding, yawning.

"Of course Lord. It will be done" the elf responded.

"Well? Are you going to alert the commanders, or stand there and watch me dress?" Casca replied sarcastically.

"R-Right away my Lord!" the Captain said, as he hurried off.

This will be the end of it my raven beauty...for you and your troublesome sister...finally Casca thought to himself.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The troops were gathering, and Erika rode up to Morgana.

"I have discovered something Mi'Lady...something important" she said.

Morgana regarded her for a moment, and realized it was serious.

"Go on..." Morgana responded, still half asleep.

"The Enlil'Nishar blades...they can be fashioned into arrows" Erika replied.

Morgana was awake now. It took a moment for her to comprehend what Erika had told her.

"Say that again..." Morgana replied.

"Yes ma'am. We have figured out how they work. Any weapon can be imbued with the property...including arrows" Erika reported.

"How many have you made?" Morgana asked.

"Only a few Mi'lady, but given time..." Erika replied.

"Yes. We must halt the attack!" Morgana said. "Where is Katie? Where is Draken?"

"I...I do not know Mi'lady" Erika replied.

Morgana turned to a scout and shouted "Scout! I need you to act as a messenger!"

The scout replied "Aye Mi'lady, your orders?"

"Find Draken, Katie and Abigail, halt the attack! Understand?" Morgana ordered.

"Of course!" the scout replied, as he rode off.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

He paused. He had no idea what they were up to, so he paused.

"Lord" the young Colonel said, "We have them where we want them. Should we not attack?"

Casca absorbed his words. They should have attacked, and down deep, Casca knew it, but what were they waiting for? Why the delay?

"No..." Casca said, allowing himself a moment to regard the Enlil"Nishar he held. "Do not sound the order to attack. I am most curious as to why they mustered only to hold."

"Could it be, my Lord, that they are exploiting some advantage?" the Colonel asked.

This did not sit well with the Elf Lord. He regarded the officer, and then spoke.

"Colonel...if I had wanted your military advice, I would have advanced you beyond your rank!" he spat, summoning his guards.

"I think you will find your answer at the end of my blade!!" Casca said, as his guards grabbed the colonel.

His limp form slumped to the floor.

Indeed my dear Morgana, what are you up to? he wondered. His aides looked on in disbelief.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For two days and nights they forged, and fletched. Weapons were distributed to the whole of the army. The dark elf blades and arrows were in abundance.

"It strikes fear into the heart" Abigail said, regarding the arrow she held.

"No. It strikes fear into the heart of the enemy" Katie replied, looking Abigail deep in the eye.

Something did not sit well with Abigail. A strange feeling came over her.

"Katie. Where were you on the night that Clean was slain?" Abigail asked.

Katie ignored her.

"Katie, I am asking you a question" Abigail pressed.

Katie looked her in the eye, and asked "What are you asking me?"

"I think you know what I am asking. Just answer my question" Abigail replied.

Katie did not answer. She just turned her back and began packing her gear.

"Katie!" Abigail spat, as she grabbed Katie by the arm, " I need you to answer me!"

Katie gave Abigail a look that could kill, and the two stood, their gazes locked, until they heard a voice...

"What is going on here?" Morgana said, regarding the two.

"N...Nothing Morgana" Katie said.

Abigail continued to hold Katie...but said "I want to talk to you alone Morgana."

Katie pulled her arm free, and returned Abigail's look.

Morgana regarded them for a moment, and responded, "Very well. Let's go over by that tree Abi."

The two walked toward the tree. Behind them, Katie sneered at them.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"I think Katie killed Clean" Abigail said, trying to keep her tone from being impetulant.

Morgana's eyes met Abigail's for several seconds before she responded.

"Impossible" Morgana replied.

"Look at what has happened! This is exactly what Katie wanted. She wanted Clean out of the way, she wanted this war with Casca, and she wanted to move up in the ranks of the Guild. Morgana...be honest with yourself" Abigail said to her sister.

"Abi, it's not possible" Morgana replied.

"No? Look at the way she reacted to me! How can you say it is not possible?" Abigail asked.

Morgana looked away for a moment, and then looked her sister in the eyes and said "Katie was with me that night. The entire night. And yes, I mean she was with me."

Abigail's face blushed a bit, but that was the end of the discussion.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Did she explain everything to you?" Katie asked sardonically as Abigail approached her.

"I got it" Abigail said, "but I cannot imagine how the two of you could have done that to Clean."

Katie just stood there looking at Abigail. She really didn't have a response. Abigail was right. She just turned her gaze downward.

"It's not my place to judge you...or my sister" Abigail said as she mounted her steed "but I want you to know this...I despise you for what you have done".

"Abigail..." Katie managed, as Abi rode away.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Katie found Morgana sitting alone beneath a tree.

"You alright? I know your sister was a little..." Katie said.

"A little what? Right?" Morgana said, with her gaze firmly upon the ground.

Katie just looked at her for a moment, and then said "So...why did you do it? If you were so in love with him, then why were you with me?"

"I..." Morgana said, but she couldn't finish the sentence.

Why did you do it? she thought to herself, as she realized tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"You can't even tell me how you feel?" Katie responded.

"I don't know how I feel...I have...I just..." Morgana said, as she broke down, weeping.

Katie stood there, and watched Morgana, and a wave of guilt ran over her...but soon that was replaced by something else...

...a wave of caution.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Mi'Ladies!!" Katie and Morgana heard, as they were torn from an awkward moment.

It was John Henry, and he was covered in blood.

"The attack has begun" he said, as he fell to his knees.

Katie rushed to him, but it was too late...

...the blacksmith was dead, slain with a Drow blade.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"John..." Morgana said, as she surged forth, taking the large fallen man in her arms.

"I'm sorry Morgana, he's gone" Katie said.

Gone that word echoed through her mind.

It was all gone. Everything that Morgana had ever loved, fought for, cared about, and held dear, was gone.

It seemed like an eternity under that tree to her. Her mind went back to another time, and in her mind, she could feel the cool spray of the sea on her, and the warmth of the sun. She could see the blonde flowing locks of Evets, and she could see Robin casting a line into the water. The creak of an old door could be heard in the distance, and from the house, she could see Clean emerging, shirtless, with a grin as wide as the beach.

A strange sound invaded her thoughts, as she could hear her young sister tuning a lute inside. Somewhere in her mind, she heard the nay of a horse...not a nightmare, not an undead monster...but a young, virile stallion.

And a bitter cold washed over her, as she could see the snow outside the cabin there, in the Skara forest. From behind her, the laughter of her young sister cut through her like a knife.

"We end this today" she said.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Indeed" Katie said, as she turned away from Morgana.

"Katie?" Morgana asked.

Katie didn't turn around, but answered "Yes...My Lady?"

"I love you. And I am sorry for the suffering I have caused you, or anyone else" Morgana responded.

Katie turned to respond, she could tell from the look on Morgana's face, this was not a time for words. She just embraced her, and knew what was going to happen.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Casca's forces had broken the line. The Enlil'Nishar weapons were taking their toll, but Casca's numbers were overwhelming.

The death toll was unparalleled.

"Form the line!! Hold them here!!" Katie shouted above the din of the clashing shields and weapons, blood streamed down her face...it was unknown if it was her's or someone else's

But it was of little use. The line was failing, and so were the flanks. The day was lost.

Katie peered over her shoulder, and saw Morgana approaching, with Tiamat.

Ordinarily, she would have been filled with inspiration, but she knew better today. Instead, she was filled with an icy dread.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Tiamat had never seemed so enraged as she cut through the enemy's forces. Morgana rode down the slope with her swords drawn. The charge had begun.

All along the line, the troops rallied. The war cry went out. Arrows flew, and swords flashed. Magical attacks sparkled, and the roar of dragons rose to the heavens.

Morgana had just unleashed a flamestrike on a Drow when the blade struck her side.

It was a feeling like she had never known before...cold, not entirely unlike steel, but different. Icy.

Her vision dimmed at first...and then faded to black.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She has fallen Mi'Lord!!"

Casca didn't say anything. He just stared across the field for several moments.

"Mi'Lord? Victory is at hand" the General said.

"So it would seem" he said, in a somber tone.

With that, he turned and rode away.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

He would have carried her to the grave site himself, if he were able. But he knew that even under a spell of strength, that he could not manage the casket and the body.

So many had died in this war, yet it was this one corpse that he committed to the ground that touched him so.

Draken looked upon those that had gathered to wish her goodbye, as they bore the burden of her corpse.

A tear streamed down his face.

He had never gotten the chance to tell her how he felt. He had, but he hadn't...and now, it was too late.

They reached the grave, and he watched as they lowered her corpse into it.

It was one of the hardest things he had ever had to do.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"It is a shame" Lady Rachel said to Draken as he left the grave site.

"Indeed" is all he managed.

"She will be missed, greatly" Lady Aalia said, in tears.

"Certainly" he said.

But it was Ahu that really made an impact upon him.

"I loved her" he said. "She never understood our relationship, but it was beyond this world."

Draken stood and looked Ahu in the eye for a moment, and he could see the pain there...and he wondered if Ahu could see the pain as well.

But he never showed anything of the sort.

He saw them all that day...Katie, Erika, Abigail, Ahu, Aalia, Rachel, Andrasta, Kero, and many others.

A plan was being formed to erect a memorial. But he really didn't have any interest in being involved. Something about all of this did not sit well with him.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

He walked away, in the shadows, as he had come.

It is a shame that you could not understand he thought before he was interrupted.

"You!" he heard.

He turned, and looked upon the person that had spoken to him...

"And what do you want exactly?" he asked sardonically.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Justice!" she said, as she sprang towards him.

Casca laughed as he dodged the blow...

"You seek justice young one? For what??" he asked, as he drew his blade.

"For the death of my sister!" she screamed, as she renewed her attack.

"And what makes you believe I had anything to do with the death of your sister LeFay?" he replied as he parried her blow.

"Because you are a murderous usurper!" she screamed, attacking again.

"I am, I do not deny it" he replied, this blow coming a little closer than he cared for..."but not in the case of your sister!"

"LIAR!" she screamed, as she attacked once more.

But it was too late, she was surrounded by Casca's Drow...

She seethed, awaiting death.

"Now listen to me Abigail LeFay...heir to the throne of Lord British..." he said.

She looked around herself, and heard the stretching of bows around her.

"...your sister attacked me unjustly. I had nothing to do with the murder of Cle'ahn."

"You are a liar!" she spat.

"Am I?" he asked. "Why would I have him killed? What purpose would it serve me? Granted...I have attempted to kill you, and your sister...but why this, why now?" he asked.

Abigail lowered her weapon...and listened.

"You lost your claim to my throne the moment that ... woman, Dawn ... returned" he said. "I had no quarrel with you, or your sister."

"Of course you did!" she seethed. "Morgana had defeated you before...and you wanted vengeance!"

"Defeated me before? Hmmm...I suppose that is what you could have called it" he mused. "I don't suppose your sister shared with you, the intimate details, of our encounter...hmm?"

Abigail looked upon the dark elf, knowing that he was evil, but something about his words...his mannerisms...rang true.

"No..."she said.

Casca smiled, and simply turned away from Abigail, and said "Listen to me LeFay...your sister was not who you thought she was."

And with that, Casca and his guards rode away.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Days later, Abigail met with Katie and the remnants of the army Morgana had raised.

"We will push to the north!" Katie said, pointing at a map.

"With what?" Abigail replied. "You might have four hundred, if that."

"I will take whatever we have left, and strike at that son of a pancake" Katie said, defiantly.

"No. I don't think so" Abigail said, calmly.

Katie looked at her for a moment, but then turned back to the planning table and said "If we muster archers here, and move the infantry to the ..."

But Abigail grabbed her arm, and looked her deep in eyes.

"Its over" Abigail said coldly. "Katie, its over, she is gone."

Katie didn't respond, she just turned and walked outside.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Abigail found Katie on her knees, weeping uncontrollably.

"She can't be gone, she just can't be!" Katie said, as she rocked back and forth.

Abigail put her arm around her, and they held one another for a long time.

"I am sorry for what we did" Katie said to Abigail.

At first Abigail said nothing, but something about Casca's words echoed in her mind "I know Katie, it's not your fault" she said, as she held the young warrior closer to her.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Many days later, Abigail met with Draken and TWT.

"Will you take over PoV Abigail?" Draken asked.

"No, I am afraid not. PoV is done. I think it is better this way..." Abigail answered.

"What about the members? What about the old council?" Draken asked.

"I have sent word to the old council. The Unity Arch is to be brought down in two days" Abigail said, hanging her head. "They will all attend. I would love it if you were there."

"Of course..." he said.

"I am going to find out who killed Clean" she said suddenly. "I know it was not Casca".

Draken looked at the bard/paladin for a moment, and for the first time in a great while, he felt a surge of life.

"I am with you..." he said.

Abigail gave him a dark smile and said "I thought you might be".

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

And so it was done. The Unity Arch was no more, and the Guild Tower was abandoned.

Abigail spoke to the remnant of the Protectors of Virtue...

"My friends, my family. The time has come for us to leave this place, and this past, behind us. We have all sacrificed much, but we cannot go on with out our Morgana. She was our leader, our hope, our inspiration, and our mother."

Abigail had to collect herself.

"At least, she was the only mother I have ever known" she tried to continue, with tears rushing forth. Several members of the old council came to her side. Jade, Sheol, and Anasazi where there.

"No...NO!" Abigail said, as she shrugged them off. "NO!!"

The look in her eyes could kill.

"YOU left her! YOU abandoned this guild! You abandoned her! You abandoned us!" she said..."and you abandoned me!"

Anasazi tried to approach her, but Abigail pulled away violently.

"This arch was once the symbol of the unity of this guild, built upon the blood, the sweat, and the tears of her members...and more importantly, built upon the life of MY SISTER!!" Abigail shouted. "So don't touch me. Don't weep for Morgana...for you had your chance, and now, that chance is gone!"

They looked upon her in disbelief, but before anyone could say a word, she was gone with the words of the Sacred Journey.

They stood there for a while, just looking around them...

...then Sheol spoke...

"What have we done?"

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The writing was unclear. Not the language, he understood that perfectly, but the meaning.

The Enlil'Nishar penetrates the mortal shell, and stabs at the heart of creation he thought, studying the page.

He had always understood that to mean what everyone else had thought it meant...that the Enlil'Nishar destroyed the soul.

He sat there for a moment, in the near darkness, regarding what he had read.

Why is it that I even care?!! he thought, as he threw the book to the floor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The day was bright, and to him, life around him seemed to never been as vibrant.

"Draken?" he heard behind him. "Are you sure everything is alright?"

"Of course my love" he responded, gazing upon Tabitha's face. "Of course it is."

Tabitha had served lunch, and Draken was looking out the window. Some children were playing out in the commons, and the sun was shinning brightly. A stray tern could be seen pecking at he ground, and then flying off to another spot.

Yet something weighed upon him. A specter of doom he could not fathom. Down deep, he knew what it was...even if he did not want to admit it.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

In Sosaria, things had not changed. The farmers went about tending their crops. The herders went about herding their flocks, and the blacksmiths went about crafting their wares.

Erika rode down the street in Trinisic. It had been a long, long time ago that she had met Cle'ahn here. As she passed the bakery, she heard a young boy shouting something at his friend. She turned and watched the little ones playing by the steps for a moment, and a wave of sorrow overcame her.

Since Cle'ahn had been killed, she had been unable to think about much else.

Her mind wandered to a time long ago...a time when things were not so complicated:

She had met Cle'ahn in Trinsic. He had been buying some ingots to repair a heater shield, and she saw him there in the smithy shop. His bronze skin was tight against his muscular form. He had the look of a warrior, but the innocence of a child. There was something about that smile that had made her want to be closer to him.

She had introduced herself, and helped him with a wound.

Since she was a small girl, Erika had always had a knack for healing. In fact, it was that ability that had led her to become an alchemist in the first place.

Some had thought that Cle'ahn and she had been closer than was known...

...they were right.

Erika hated herself for the guilt she carried, but the truth was, she and Cle'ahn had been lovers. That ended when Morgana committed suicide, but it was the truth.

Now, both Morgana and Cle'ahn were gone...

...she would never be able to tell Morgana the truth...and she would never be able to tell Cle'ahn how much she really loved him.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Erika passed by the Paladin's Guild, and thought back about the first time she met Morgana.

Morgana was a slight girl, with her long hair blowing in the wind. Her face was brilliant, like the light of the sun gleaming off of a shiny metal breastplate. Her stance was that of a child as she swung at the training dummy. Erika watched her for a long while that day. Erika had never seen a more awkward, uncoordinated, novice of an attack ... until she looked over and saw Cle'ahn next to her.

That day, she thought to herself Those two won't last long!.

And today, she wished that she was wrong.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Months had passed, and Draken had gotten back into his routine with TWT. Raiding Doom, fighting the Champions, generally fighting evil, the usual...but yet something nagged at him from within.

Few had heard much out of Casca. Dawn and her army had done little to force the issue. Casca was still in power, but everyone hailed Dawn as the new Queen. Casca kept to himself for the most part. The war was all but forgotten besides by the families of those that had died in it.

An odd peace had settled over Sosaria.

Rune Libraries were updated, hunts were organized, and people gathered in Luna to sell their wares. It was as if nothing had happened.

But there were a handful of Sosarians that knew what had happened, and they would never, ever forget.

And Abigail and Draken were amongst them.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Abigail rode towards the old Guild Tower site in Felucca. She knew that she would be a target, but she didn't care. An answer to the death of Clean had to be found.

As she approached, she saw that something standing there...a structure.

So someone has finally constructed something on the old site she thought, as she squinted to read the sign.

The Big Happy Hobo she read...

...Wonderful she thought, as she rode away.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Abigail LeFay?" she heard from behind, as she turned to face the man that had gotten the jump on her.

Quickly drawing her bow, she wheeled around to face her would be assailant.

"Who goes there?!" she said, in a fierce tone.

The old man did not look threatening at all, as he stood there cowering before her.

Abigail stared for a moment, and then realized who it was.

"It can't be" she said, nearly loosing her breath, as she lowered her bow.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Oh, I assure you, it can" he replied, in a not so jovial fashion.

"But...you look so..." Abigail said.

"Yes. Old!" he said with a laugh. "Aren't we all?"

Abigail was puzzled. This did not make any sense.

"Of course, we all age, but how could this be? You were not nearly of this age when last me met" she answered.

"There is much I must show you" he replied, as a white gate opened behind him. "That is of course, if you will allow me to".

Abigail regarded him for a moment. He was haggard. His clothing was ripped and torn, and his face...his face was craggy and weathered. Not at all as she had remembered him.

But she knew in her heart that if there had ever been anyone in this world that she could trust, besides her father and her sister, that he was the one.

So she stepped into the gate.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The dripping of water was driving him insane. He was trying to find some peace, and to meditate, but the water dripping was incessant.

"Mir'klah!" he shouted.

A few moments passed...and no one came.

"Mir'klah!!" he shouted, louder this time, as he rose to his feat.

He made his way to his chamber door, and shouted down the hallway "Mir'klah! Get in here now!!!"

He was nearly mad with rage.

"My...my lord? What seems to be the matter?" he heard in response as the young elf approached.

But he did not respond. He simply grabbed the young elf, and pierced his heart with his dark blade.

Another worthless servant!! his mind screamed as he watched the young one die upon his Enlil'Nishar.

For several moments, he stood and watched the life blood of the young elf seep into the corners of the room.

The water still dripped.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It was warm, and the grass was green. There were birds chirping, and she could smell the soil. This place was pristine. It was like being ... born anew.

"Where are we?" Abigail asked, in wonder.

"Where does it look like?" he answered.

Abigail surveyed the area. The tree line looked familiar. There was a body of water to the west, and to the far east, a forest rimmed in mountains. But it was not registering.

"Should I know this place? It seems vaguely familiar but..." she said, and then it hit her. "Wait!"

She rode over to a specific spot on the ground. A small rock was protruding out of the ground. From there, she turned south, looking upon the landscape.

She spurred her ethereal mount onward, and came to a clearing. An empty clearing.

"This..." she managed with a lump in her throat. "This can't be."

"I assure you again. It can" he said, with a not so jovial tone.

She turned and met his gaze. For several moments they remained locked like that.

"Why did you bring me here?" she asked, on the verge of tears. "How by the Gods did you bring me here?"

He just gave her a half smile and replied "I brought you no where. You brought yourself here."

And with that, he was gone...and she was back at the site of the old tower.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Nick!!!" she yelled out.

But he was gone.

I must be going insane she thought, as she recited the words to take her back to Trammel.

As she was teleporting away, she noticed the rock.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It was early in the morning, pre-dawn, and Abigail was awake. Her little cottage near Britain was damp and drafty, but it had become home. A few months had passed since she had last been to the site of the old PoV tower, and she had heard a rumor that bandits had raided it. She had meant to go out there and check things out, but she just could not find the will to do so.

Loosing her sister had been the worst thing she had experienced in her life. Loosing her father, and Lord British, her other father, had been the second. Life had little meaning to her, and she had lost her faith in the light.

At one time, she was called the "Holy Avenger", but now, she was nothing. A vagabond. A shell of a human being that survived, rather than lived.

On occasion, she would pass someone that she recognized, but they would not recognize her...or at least, they would pretend not to.

None of this really mattered to Abigail. She had simply vanished from the map. Ceased to exist as far as most people were concerned. And that is exactly how she wanted it.

She had devoted herself to finding out who killed Cle'ahn, and by extension, her sister.

And she would die before she gave up her quest.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

He read it again.

The Enlil'Nishar penetrates the mortal shell, and stabs at the heart of creation.

The heart of creation he thought. The soul.

He threw the book across the room.

And there he sat, brooding, with his head in his hands. Casca had never meant it to come to this.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

She awoke in a cold sweat to hear the rain pelting the window. It had been months, but still, she could not sleep restfully through an entire night. The war, the death of Morgana LeFay, and more importanly...the death of Sir Robin, the only man she had ever loved...echoed through her mind, and the dreams were driving her insane.

She had never meant for it to come to this.

I must find Abigail, and confess what I have done she thought, as she peered outside the window watching the cold rain fall like tears of the night itself.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"No ma'am. I am afraid you may not enter" the guard said in a rather nasty tone.

I can't believe this Abigail thought to herself. "So you will not allow me to see Monsieur Piete?" she asked once more.

"I am afraid not...he has taken ill and is not accepting...visitors" the guard said with a scawl.

It took Abigail a moment to realize what was going on, but she caught glimpse of her reflection in a nearby mirror.

Dear gods, I look awful! she thought.

"Thank you" she said, as she made her way back down the street away from the Conservatory.

I had no idea I had let myself go this badly. No wonder he would not allow to see the master she thought to herself.

She was distracted, and did not see the Drow assassin until he was upon her.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The Enlil'Nishar blade pressed against her throat, and she dared not move.

"You are coming with me LeFay" the dark elf spat.

"To where?" Abigail asked as her mind reeled.

"Just come quietly."

It wasn't exactly like she had a choice.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

She awoke in a dungeon...the faint sound of water dripping could be heard, cutting into her head.

He didn't have to hit me in the head, I would have gone quietly Abigail thought as she sat in the dark rubbing her wound.

She could tell that she was bleeding slightly.

She tried looking around her, but it was too dark to discern where she was...but she realized quickly that she was completely naked.

Perverts she thought as she drew herself into as tiny a ball as possible.

She was shivering.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

She drifted off at some point, but was awoken by a loud sound.

"Lady LeFay!" a voice said in a harsh tone.

Abigail's eyes strained against the light that pierced into her cell.

"Y-Yes?" she answered, still half asleep.

"Your time has come" the dark shape replied.

Abigail said nothing.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

She was dragged into Cassca's throne room and thrown roughly to the floor.

"Guards, leave us" Casca said, motioning for them to leave.

He said nothing else until they the room was clear.

"It has been a long game of cat and mouse you and I have played, has it not young Lady LeFay?" he asked.

Abigail said nothing, but sneered at the elven usurper.

"My, my, my. How things have changed" he mused.

Abigail noticed that Casca didn't look well, like perhaps he hadn't slept in a while, with his clothing showing a bit of wear and soil.

"I assume you hold me responsible for the death of your lovely sister, no?" he asked as he slowly waked towards her.

Abigail held her tongue. She would not allow him the satisfaction.

He stood next to her for a moment, looking down upon her.

"You must understand, I did not start the war" he said as he stooped down to look her in the eye.

Abigail spat in his face.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Recoiling slightly, Casca said "Now that was completely unnecessary" as he wiped the spittle from his cheek. "And completely beneath you."

"Go die" Abigail replied.

"In time. In due time" he responded in his gracious tone.

He regarded her for a moment, and then continued, standing back up to his full upright position. With his hands behind his back, he began to pace a bit. Abigail could feel a monologue coming.

"You assume that I am the one that had Cle'ahn killed...isn't that correct?" he asked over his shoulder.

His back was to her, Abigail considered attacking him, but knew that she was unarmed.

"It wasn't me you know" he said casually. "But I have discovered who."

"Lies! Filthy lies!" Abigail said, as she gathered her strength for an attack.

He turned to face her and said "It was one of your own".

Something told Abigail that he was telling the truth. Her mind raced. Who in the PoV would want to kill Clean?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Abigail had to admit to herself, she had known all along that Casca was not responsible, and now it was apparent to her that she had to admit it to him as well.

There was an awkward silence...and Casca broke it.

"I see that you realize what I am saying true" he said, in an arrogant tone.

"I am willing to admit...I have had my doubts" Abigail said, curtly.

Casca regarded her, her long red hair reaching the floor as she knelt. She looked defeated, beaten. But he wondered, did he not look the same?

He stood there for a moment, just staring at the young woman that should have been Queen.

"I..." he started, but realized that his voice had broken. "I...".

Again, he could not stop the pain from showing in his voice.

Abigail looked up at the usurper...but that is not what she saw. What she saw was a man, a man that was in great pain.

Their eyes met, and it seemed like an eternity passed.

"If I could have...if she hadn't have..." Casca said, choking back his emotions.

Abigail rose to her feet.

Casca moved to her to embrace her.

"I loved your sister" he said.

Abigail said nothing, but began to weep.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"In my desire to hold onto my power, I allowed something far more precious to slip through my fingers" Casca said through his tears. "What have I done?"

Abigail couldn't answer, she just stood there in the strong embrace of the elf that she had feared and hated for so long. But there was no fear or hate in her now.

"You know who killed Clean?" she finally asked.

"I am afraid that I do" Casca replied. "My spies discovered the truth shortly after the war had begun. I tried to send an emissary to alert Morgana, but..."

"But what?" Abigail asked.

"He was slain by one of those ******* blades your smiths created" he replied.

"******* blades? You mean the Enlil'Nishar?" Abigail asked.

"No. I am afraid not. Your crafters are quite skilled, and very clever. But they do not understand the history of Elfdom. Those abominations they created, they are far worse than the true Enlil'Nishar" he explained.

"What do you mean?" Abigail asked.

"You see, a ture Enlil'Nishar is a weapon that had absorbed the soul of its crafter. It is something extremely personal, that is why they are so rare. The creator of the weapon has to literally give his or her soul so that the weapon can exist. It is a time honored tradition that elder weaponsmiths would create a work of art, an Enlil'Nishar, just before their deaths, because in some ways, they live on in the blade" he explained. "But what your smiths came up with, it was, an abomination. I am, ashamed, that we followed suit and crafted them ourselves. I fear that I have violated many sacred traditions in my own culture by doing so."

Abigail could feel the hurt that the dark Elf was feeling. And said "What is the difference? I mean, in the end, the victim is dead, and gone, right?"

Casca held her at arms length, and regarded her with disgust. Abigail was surprised to see one such as Casca looking at her in that manner.

"You...you have no idea how they crafted those weapons, do you?" he asked.

"I cannot say that I do" Abigail replied, with a twinge of fear running down her spine.

Casca did not explain at first, he just looked away from her.

"Casca...what is it?" she asked.

He still did not answer, and she saw a single tear roll down his cheek.

"Casca!!" she exclaimed, "You have to to tell me!"

He looked her in the eye, took a deep breath, and said "The weapons of abomination are forged using the blood of the unborn."

Abigail did not want to believe him. She stood there in horror. There was no way that her sister, or the PoV would ever be involved in this kind of thing.

"I am sorry I have to tell you this..." he said with regret, "but I am more sorry that I, we, have engaged in this ritual. There is no excusing it."

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Morgana...I, you don't think that she knew, I mean" Abigail said as tears overtook her. She had slain many men, many elves, with these abominable weapons.

Casca didn't answer.

"Casca, you don't believe that my sister knew do you?" Abigail asked, enraged.

"There is no way should could not have" Casca replied...looking away.

Abigail's mind raced. Morgana would never sanction the murder of unborn children...never. This had to be a lie.

"No...NO!" Abigail said, turning away from Casca, and falling to her knees. Suddenly, she felt ill.

Casca said nothing, he just walked across the room and retrieved his handkerchief, and a glass of water.

Abigail became physically ill...twice.

Casca knelt down beside her, and offered her the handkerchief.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Casca had Abigail taken to a bedroom, where she rested until she recovered. He never left the hallway outside the door.

When Abigail emerged, she was pale, and it was obvious that she had been weeping.

Casca moved to embrace her, but Abigail held him at arms length.

"How do I know you are not lying to me?" Abigail asked.

"Why would I? Now?" he replied, gently.

"How...how many?" Abigail asked.

This took Casca off guard..."I honestly, don't know" he replied.

Tears filled Abigail's eyes "Casca, how many? You have to know? At least an idea!"

He didn't answer right away, but eventually he responded through the awkward silence, "I'd say...at least two or three hundred".

Abigail felt ill again, and her knees went weak. Something inside of her broke that day.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Abigail, please, try and understand..."Casca offered, but he could tell from the look in Abigail's eyes that she was having none of it.

"Just tell me...was it worth it?!" she seethed, blinded with pain and rage.

"No. It was not. Not in any way" he said, with his head hung low.

"You disgust me!" Abigail screamed, she wanted to kill him.

Casca did not answer, he just stared at the floor.

"Am I free to go?" Abigail asked.

Casca just nodded.

Abigail walked toward the door at the end of the hallway, but she stopped short.

She almost didn't ask, because she almost didn't care...but she had to know.

"Casca?" she asked.

"Yes?" he said, still not looking up from the floor.

"Who did it?" she asked..."Who killed Clean?"

Casca didn't answer right away, because he knew that after the revelation that Abigail had just suffered, that she might not be able to handle the answer.

"Casca...tell me!" she pressed.

"Katie" he answered.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Several days had passed, and Abigail had finally stopped drinking.

The realization that her sister had condoned the murder of innocent babies was more than she could stand...but the fact that this was all Katie's fault had turned all of it into a blind, deep, hatred.

Abigail had to find Katie, and she had to kill her...permanently. But she could not use an abomination weapon. She had to find someone that could forge a true Enlil'Nishar...but who could she trust? John Henry was dead, so was Bill Blas, and Forge Angel. There was no one left that she knew that could craft a weapon like that...or that would.

Her head was pounding, and she made her way over to the broken mirror in her small, run down, house. She looked at herself, and could see the toll of the years.

What happened? she thought to herself.

Just a few years before, she still felt connected to Lord British, and to the Conservatory. She remembered her time there, with her friends, and it seemed so far away.

Her mind went from the Conservatory, to dancing with Lord British. Tears streamed down her face. She was so young, and so full of ideas then. Now she felt so foolish. Lord British never cared for her. She truly was nothing more than a pawn in a game of political chess.

Everything that had seemed important to her, now seemed meaningless. She stared out of the window, and her eye caught an old, haggard oak tree. She thought about how many times she had seen that tree in her life. But then she realized, it was not that tree that she had seen.

And as she pondered the ramifications of that, somehow, her mind slipped away, as it had done before...and again, she was there...

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

A crisp morning dew coated everything around her...and everything was new, and unspoiled.

She approached the tree. It was no longer old, no longer haggard.

Around her, there was life...but no one...no human soul.

She walked into the city of Britain...and it was empty. Every building was there, but there was no one around. Everything looked clean, and new.

She found her way to Castle British, and the gate was open.

She went inside.

As she explored the halls, it looked so familiar to her, but yet, very different.

She made her way to her old room, only to find it completely empty.

The stone floors were spotless. The furniture looked brand new...not even a finger print.

A memory entered her mind, and she recalled the library.

When she had first been sent to live in the Castle, she had been very sad. And Lord British always placed an importance upon her education. At first, Abigail resented this, because she was so young. All she wanted then was to return home to her family. Her father. Her sister. But her father was dead, and her sister had been deemed too young to take care of her.

One day, in the library, while studying, Abigail had gotten rather annoyed...and she had taken a knife and carved her name into the bottom of one of the tables there.

To her surprise, those initials were not there now.

As Abigail looked around library, she realized that none of the books had ever been touched.

What is this place? she thought to herself.

And with that, she was back in her hovel, the haggard tree swaying gently in the wind.