• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Dark Secret

• Thread starter Morgana LeFay (PoV)
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Abigail made her way to the site of the last battle her sister had fought. The stench of death still hung on the air. She sorted through the unburied remains of several bodies, hoping to find a weapon of abomination, but she was unsuccessful. There were only a handful of people left from that battle that Abigail really knew...

...she had to find Draken Korin.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The TWT had formed in New Haven, and they often did, and Draken was a little surprised to see Abigail approaching.

"L-Lady LeFay?" he asked in a ton of almost disbelief. "Abi, you don't look good."

"Save it" she said curtly. "I need something from you."

Draken did not like what he sensed in her, but answered "Of course, I will do anything I can to aid you mi'lady".

"We should talk privately" Abigail said.

"Certainly. Where would you like to go?" Draken asked.

"I don't care...anywhere" Abigail said absently.

"I think we will have some privacy at Lady Andrasta's" he answered.

Abigail seemed distracted, but as she processed the information, she looked back at Draken and said "No. I mean really private".

"I don't think I follow Abigail" Draken said, feeling a little bit uncomfortable.

Abigail produced a rune..."Here. Use this".

"Where does this go?" Draken asked.

"Somewhere that no one would dare to enter" she replied.

Draken regarded her carefully, and then asked, "Are you sure you are okay?"

Abigail didn't respond...she just gave him a grave look.

How do I get into these things? he thought as he opened the gate.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

As the Draken stepped through the gate, he knew immediately where he was.

The Fortress of Fear...and it had never lived up to its name more than it did on that day. Months of neglect and decay had given it an even more ominous appearance. The iron gates swung free on their rusted hinges, creaking like the moans of a tortured soul as they swayed gently. The once beautiful garden had been overrun by creeping vines and weeds, and even the Al'halzred flower no longer bloomed.

A chill went down Draken's spine.

This place had been the home of the Dark Necromantic Lord, Al'halzred, before it had passed to Cle'ahn, his son. Here, amidst thousands of years of dark and ancient evil, Al'halzred had made the ultimate sacrifice in a macabre ritual to save his son's eternal soul. In so doing, he destroyed his own soul with the very type of weapon that later took the soul of the son he had sacrificed himself to save. The pain of this place was undeniable, but what made it worse, was that Cle'ahn...while he was a soulless eater of life...had killed countless victims. Rumors had spread through the land that the victims slain by his hand now were trapped, haunting this dark fortress forever.

Draken had been there before, but not since Cle'ahn's body was entombed there.

"Okay, we are alone...let's talk" Draken said.

"Inside" Abigail responded.

He looked up at the stone watch tower, and could have sworn he saw the blood of torture victims staining the stone...but he gathered his courage and said "Lead the way".

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The short stroll through the courtyard brought feelings into Draken that he had not anticipated. Not fear really, more like dread. It was as though the dead were crying out to him, but there was nothing he could do to quell their anguish.

After what seemed like an eternity, they entered the foyer.

"In Lor" Draken said aloud...but he found that it had no effect.

"Um...Abigail?" he asked.

"Augus Luminos!!!" Abigail screamed.

A faint light surrounded her, and Draken could see.

"That's a little odd, don't you think?" he asked, as he tried to make out what thought were moving shadows in the dark.

"This place has become so evil that even the Light does not penetrated it" Abigail said, almost casually.

"Look, why did you bring me here? What is it that you need?" Draken asked nervously. He could feel things, presences, in the darkness.

"I need one of the abomination weapons" Abigail answered.

"The what now?!" Draken said with a start as a large rat scurried past him.

"You mean to tell me you don't know?" Abigail asked.

"Look, I am getting really sick of all this cryptic ****! Just tell me what you want, and let's go!" he said, as something unseen brushed the back of his neck.

"The Enlil'Nishars that Morgana had crafted. I need one" Abigail answered calmly.

"I don't have one!" Draken answered as he heard a loud hiss from nearby "And I think we need to get out of here...now!"

Before he could move, Abigail had fired an arrow, and lifeless thud was heard from across the room.

"What the hell was that?" he asked, drawing his sword.

"Draken. Do you know how they made those weapons?" she asked him.

He had almost reached his limit..."No. And if I did, what difference would it make, I cannot forge blades! I am no blacksmith! I can barely even sharpen my own weapon..."

"Get down" Abigail said...and then she followed that with "Forul Solum!!"

Draken ducked to the floor, which he could have sworn was moving...and Abigail let loose a folly of arrows. A loud roar was heard, and Draken turned to see the black shape shifting in the darkness.

"Corp Por!!" he yelled, as energy blasted forth from the mage's hands.

In the faint light of the energy bolt, he got a glimpse of his target...and he realized that he had been right...they should have left sooner.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Kal Vas Flam!" Draken spoke, as the dark shape erupted in flame.

But it didn't stop...it kept coming.

Uh-oh Draken thought as he dodged the halberd strike.

Meanwhile, Abigail was firing away at the Revenant...although it seemed to pay her no mind.

"Abi! Can you dispell it?" Draken screamed.

"I can try...Dispiro Malas!!" she yelled.

This seemed to do the trick, as the dark shape began to writhe in pain...and then disappeared.

Suddenly, the light become a bit brighter.

"Well..." Draken said out of breath "...that was fun".

He noticed a slight smile on the face of the 'Holy Avenger'.

"You like this stuff...don't you? I can tell" he said.

Suddenly, she was no longer smiling.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"You were right...we need to go...now!" she said.

Draken decided it was better not to question her, so they bolted for the door.

Unfortunately it was too late.

"Lady LeFay...Lord Korin" the dark shape in the doorway said "...how nice to see you."

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"It can't be" Draken said, as he took up a defensive position.

"Oh, I assure you...it can" the dark shape replied.

"Draken, whatever you do, don't let it touch you!" Abigail said, as she drew her bow.

The dark shape let out a twisted laugh, and lunged forward at Draken.

"Draken!! Snap out of it! It's not really her!" Abigail said, as she let loose an arrow that found its mark.

"Abigail..." was all Draken got out before the shadow was upon him.

"Draken!!" Abigail screamed...but it was too late.

The shadow let out another twisted cackle, as it pulled Draken's heart from his body.

"You are not my sister! And I am sending you back to hell!" Abigail yelled at the foul beast.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Abigail never liked the spirit world. Perhaps it was the pain of resurrection, or perhaps it was the time she had spent chained in the Great Abyss, but something about it was unnerving to her.

That day was no exception.

She found herself in the grey-hued land of the dead once again...and she wasn't alone.

The Fortress of Fear was teeming with spirits.

Through the sea of ghosts, she spotted Draken, who looked a bit shocked and confused.

"Abigail...what is going on here?" he asked.

"These are the restless souls of Clean and my sister's victims. The ones that could not resurrect, they are trapped, between life...and death" she explained.

"These are always here?" Draken asked.

"I don't know...I have never died here before" Abigail answered.

Draken just shot her a look.

"Don't give me that look! It's not like I own the place!"

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"I don't feel right" Draken said to Abigail.

"We are technically dead" she replied.

"I have been dead before...but something feels, wrong" he said.

Abigail paused for a moment, and realized...Draken was right. A wave of dread overtook her. This was the same feeling she had experienced right before she had been chained in the Great Abyss.

"Draken..." she managed. "I don't think we can resurrect."

Draken looked around him...so many souls...so many lost. He wondered, was he now among them?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Draken had never experienced anything like this...and he was a little unsure of what to do.

"Um...so, now what?" he asked...his mind was reeling.

"I...I don't know" Abigail answered. "The last time..."

She could not finish.

"What? The last time what?!" Draken said, beginning to panic.

Abigail didn't answer, she just looked at the ground.

"Hey! Answer me!" Draken demanded.

"The last time..." she managed..."I ended up in the Abyss".

"Oh ****!" Draken spat.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

But this time, no black gate opened. The Collector of Souls did not appear unto them. And they were left, stranded, between life and death.

"What happened?" Draken asked "What the hell happened?"

"I don't know" Abigail replied.

"Come on! What is this all about!! You have to tell me girl!" Draken demanded.

Abigail didn't respond right away. She just looked at the ground, as though ashamed.

"Abigail! Talk to me!! What the **** is going on here??!!" Draken said emphatically.

"I wish I knew. She...it...didn't even have a weapon. I don't understand it" Abigail said.

"You told me not to let it touch me! How did you know that?!" Draken said.

"I...I don't know" Abigail replied "I don't even know what that was."

"I know what it was! It was your crazy *** sister!!" Draken said, desperation growing in his voice.

"It wasn't. It couldn't have been" Abigail said.

"Really? Are you sure? Because I have to tell you...right now, I don't think you are sure" he replied.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Abigail did not answer...and a long awkward silence followed.

"What do we do?" Draken asked.

"Do you think I know?!" Abigail replied.

Draken didn't answer. The prospect of being dead...truly dead...hadn't really dawned on him until that moment. He would never see Tabitha again. He would never see his guild again. All of his plans...all of his hopes and dreams...gone.

It seemed like an eternity that they sat there in silence.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Abigail?! Draken?!" a faint voice cried out.

"Who is there?" Draken replied.

"It is Sir Robin!" they heard.

"Robin?" Abigail said, leaping to her feet.

"Abi!" he replied, getting closer.

Draken and Abigail shared a look. If Sir Robin was here...then that meant that Morgana, Clean, and the others had to be trapped in the spirit world as well.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

They rushed forward...they just knew that they had found the answer...

...but there was no one there.

"Tell me you heard that" Abigail said.

"I ... I think I did ... what is going on Abi?" Draken replied.

"I...I really don't know anymore..." Abigail replied.

Draken looked around him, shadows surged left and right...and he knew that something was amiss.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Abigail...this isn't real" he said.

She didn't respond.

"Abigail?!" he said...and suddenly he was alone.

Alone in the darkness.

Great...now what he thought.

"Draken..." he heard a voice from in front of him.

Nope. Not moving. he thought as he folded his arms and planted himself.

Suddenly a demonic presence filled his heart .. " DRAKEN!!!:

He was thrown backward with a start.

He could not see, but felt the hot breath on his face...

"Draken...you must take this message to the land of the living!" a deep voice said unto him.

"But...but I am dead" he managed.

"SILENCE!!" the voice spat.

"You will go forth and deliver this message!" the demonic entity said.

Draken realized that he had no choice.

"The time is near" the voice said.

"What?" Draken asked. "What does that mean?" he asked...

...but he found himself looking around at some townsfolks. It took a moment for him to realize where he was...

..."Moonglow" he said aloud as several townsfolk looked upon him in confusion.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"You there!" he said to a passing woman, "Have you seen Abigail? Have you seen the Lady LeFay?"

The woman looked at him with a horrified look upon her face and said "Lefay? You can't be serious!"

This took Draken off guard...and he said "W..what? Why would you say that?"

"Lady LeFay ... she died last winter...in child birth" the woman said as she gathered her goods and walked away.

As Draken looked around he slowly began to realize...he was not in the Moonglow that he knew.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

What in the name of the gods is going on? Draken thought to himself.

He looked around, and nothing seemed to be as it had been. Everywhere, things were very different...like from another place, but more like, from another time.

It all seems so...clean. he thought to himself as he surveyed his surroundings.

"Excuse me Mi'lord" he heard from behind him...and he turned to see the face of a young girl.

She may have looked young, very young, but Draken recognized her immediately...it was the eyes.

"Oh my gods...it can't be!" he managed...as if seeing a ghost.

"I...I am sorry Mi'lord, I don't understand thee" the young girl replied.

"Morgana?" he asked, unsure of himself.

The girl looked at him with a cockeyed smile and said "How do you know my name? Do you know my father?"

Draken's mind reeled. It was simply impossible.

"Well?" she asked.

Draken collected himself, and said "Yes. That's it, I know your father."

"Very well Mi'lord, is there something I can do for you?" she asked politely.

He took a moment to regard this young woman, not even in young womanhood as of yet. She was a skinny, pale, and little thing...but there was a strength about her that he could not really place. Perhaps it was his memory of her as the fierce warrior and leader he had known, but he was not sure.

Dropping to one knee, he carefully took her into his arms, and just held her there for seemed an eternity.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"You there! Unhand my daughter!", a strong voice snapped him out of his momentary daze.

He gazed up at the man that had barked the order, and he saw a stern, yet refined man atop a white horse, clad in fine garb.

Draken didn't say anything at first, as he rose to his feet.

"What say you knave? Why were you touching my daughter?" the man asked, with his hand upon the hilt of his sword.

"I...um, I...I meant no harm Mi'Lord" Draken managed, "I was merely, um, calming her."

"Calming her?" the man said, as he spurred his horse forward drawing his sword. "If I ever catch you touching either of my daughters, I will make absolutely certain that you never touch anyone ever again...am I clear?"

Draken was a little angry, but decided that he had better play along.

"Of course my lord, it will never happen again" he replied.

"See that it doesn't" the man said harshly.

The man rode up to the little girl, and extended his arm to her and she climbed up in front of her father. The two rode off together.

Impossible! What the hell is going on?? Draken thought.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

What am I supposed to do? Deliver the message that the end is near? It's 30 years ago!! he thought, How near can it be?

He looked around him, and decided that he had better make the most of the situation...at least he was amongst the living, or at least he hoped he was.

He wandered into a tavern, and sat down.

This place closed down several years ago he thought as he ordered a mug of ale. There is something so different about this place he thought as he sipped his drink.

Outside there was a new commotion. A young man, about 18 or 20 years old was being harassed by the guards.

Draken moved to get a better view out of the window.

It can't be!!! he thought to himself, slamming his mug down, and making his way to the door of the tavern.

It was.

It was Casca.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Draken stood watching as the guards asked the dark haired elf several questions...mostly about a theft that had occurred.

The young elf stood strong in the face of the guards, denying every charge leveled at him.

Draken just watched as the guards questioned the elf.

"So you were no where near the Magincia Mage Shope last week then?" one of the guards asked.

"I most certainly wasn't" he answered. "And I can prove it!"

"Is that so?" one of the guards asked.

"It is" he answered, looking around nervously.

The guards talked back and forth, and eventually decided to let the young elf go.

"You just stay out of trouble...you hear?" one of them spat at the young elf.

"Oh, of course Mi'lord!!" Casca answered with a devilish grin.

Draken just watched as the guards rode away...but he decided that he needed to follow Casca.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

He followed Casca for the better part of three hours. He watched as the young elf pick pocketed an old man, and stole a few apples from a vendor cart. He watched as he paid three rather nefarious looking men a few gold pieces...and he followed Casca into the forest.

He followed him until he reached a clearing. There Casca met with a small band of roughians. He didn't recognize any of them...but he was close enough to overhear some of their plan.

Apparently, this band of thugs was to stage a poaching in the Skara forest, and draw out the Warden of the Woods to be killed.

Draken remember the tales that Morgana had told him of her father...Greyson LeFay, the Warden of the Skara Woods...and how he died.

The end is near... he thought to himself. He ran back to his horse as fast as he could.

Not this time you son of a pancake...not this time! he thought.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

As he approached the cabin, he saw Greyson "Tidehawke" LeFay chopping wood. He didn't yell to him at first, but he knew that he had to warn him. Greyson saw him approaching, and turned his attention from his chores, holding his axe firmly in his large hand. As Draken rode up to him, he could tell that Greyson LeFay was not a man to be triffled with.

"My lord! You must listen to me!" Draken said as he fought to control his horse.

"I know thee...you are the man that was ... bothering ... my daughter" he replied, hoisting the axe upon his broad shoulder.

"I...I am sorry about that, but you have to listen to me...there are some men that are..." Draken attempted.

"I want you off my property, and out of the Skara woods..." Greyson said in a very stern voice.

"No...I mean, yes, but..." Draken managed..."Sir, please!"

"I WILL NOT TELL YOU AGAIN!" he yelled, assuming a fighting stance.

Really? Draken thought as he looked upon the man he was facing. I can't fight this man!!

"NOW!!" Greyson shouted, bringing the axe into attack position.

Draken hesitated, but turned a rode off the property, as instructed.

You might not want to listen to me, but by the gods, I will not allow those miscreants to kill you either! Draken thought as he rode to the south.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

I can't believe it! It was Casca that killed Morgana's father! he thought as he rode towards a clearing.

He was angry, confused, and his heart was beating so fast that he could feel the blood pulsing in his ears. He stopped and surveyed the area.

This is the way through which they will have to pass he thought. I wonder...

Draken began his preperations. There was no way that he was going to allow Casca to kill Morgana's father...not again.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

In few moments, he heard them approaching. There were five of them. He didn't recognize any of them, except for Casca. There was no mistaking him, as he hadn't changed much over the years. As they approached, he overheard them speaking.

"So we are to kill the Warden of the Woods, and sack his family as well then?" one of the riders asked.

"No. No, do not harm the young ones" Casca said sternly. "This is very important. You must not harm the girls...is that clear?"

"Whatever you say...as long as we get our gold" was the response.

"Brolly, hang back to cut off any escape route" the rider said. "Autumner, you will paralyze him, and I will deal the death blow."

"You got it Deth" one of them replied.

Brolly? Autumner? Deth? ... Do I know them? Draken thought.

But there was no time to sort it out. He had to act. They were in range of his trap.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Draken cast a paralyze field, catching the three forward riders unaware.

"What the?!" the one Draken figured was Autumner yelled.

But before he could react, Draken had dropped him with an energy bolt spell.

"Who in blazes are you?" Casca spat.

"Just a friend of the LeFays" Draken replied, as he unsheathed his sword and charged forward.

"No!!" Casca spat, but he still could not move as Draken closed the distance.

As Draken's blade was about to strike Casca's neck, a bardiche parried the blow.

It was the rider that had been ordered to remain behind, Brolly.

Draken peered into his eyes for a second, but it seemed like an eternity. He saw something that he had not seen in a long, long while...the cold eyes of a murderer.

Spuring his horse into a flanking maneuver, Draken got the upper hand on him. But he knew that he had to end this fast because the other two were about to be free of their bonds.

Two thrusts and a block later, and the rider was on the ground.

Draken turned to face Casca and Deth.

"You will pay for this insolence with your life!" Casca spat.

Deth remained silent, drawing his sword.

Draken spurred his horse forward, and was about to engage Deth, when suddenly, his opponent was thrown from his steed.

He rode past and wheeled around to see Deth lying on the ground with what appeared to be an arrow in his back.

"LeFay!" Casca screamed out.

"You are tresspassing whelp. I suggest you ride forth while you are still able" Greyson LeFay said, drawing another arrow.

Draken turned his horse toward Casca and said "We cannot allow him to escape! He has done terrible things."

Greyson regarded Draken for a moment, and said "He will be judged for his crimes, but not here, not on this day."

But it was too late, Casca had recalled away.

Draken just sat there on his horse staring at this man...the father of the LeFay sisters. Alive.

"Now why don't you explain what you are doing in my forest son" Greyson said to him.

"I...I wish that I could. I guess the best explanation is that I came here to stop these men. Stop them from robbing your daughters of their father" he replied.

Greyson regarded him for a moment, and then said "Is that why you were trying to speak to my daughter? You knew of this plot?"

Draken lied, "Of course. I had to get word to you somehow."

"I am in your debt. Please, allow me to provide you with a meal, a place to regain your strength" Greyson offered.

What else am I going to do? he thought, and replied "I'd consider an honor."

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

They arrived at the cabin, and Draken saw a young girl, no more than a young teen with raven hair carrying wood into the cabin. It was Morgana. He could not help himself...he knew he was smiling, but he also felt something wet upon his face.

Gathering himself quickly, he spoke "This...is a lovely home you have mi'lord".

"Aye" Greyson said gruffly.

Greyson LeFay looked like a man that had seen better days. The lines on his face were evident. Draken remembered Morgana talking about her father as a nobleman, but this ranger, this Worden of the Woods, did not seem noble, but rather rugged, and worn.

They entered the cabin, and straight away, a young sprite of a girl with flame red hair came running into the room.

"Hello my sweetheart!" Greyson said as the young girl lept into his arms.

"Father!!" she said, putting her arms around his neck.

Draken could not help but smile.

"Morgana and I...she, I mean we, I mean she got married!!" the little girl said to her father.

He held her tightly and said "Is that so? To whom may I ask?"

"To the king! She is a princess now!" she said excitedly.

"Is that so?" he said, smiling. "Did the...prin-cess manage to complete all of her chores today by chance?"

"Of course father" came a voice from across the room. "We were playing make believe...with the dolls. But everything is done sir."

"Very good" he said, kissing the small girl on the forehed and putting her down. "We will be having a guest for dinner."

Morgana stared at Draken...and in her eyes, Draken could sense that she somehow recognized him...not from their earlier meeting, but it was as though two souls connected across time.

"It is not polite to stare young lady" Greyson said to his daughter.

"I...I am sorry father" she replied, still lost his eyes. "I...I think we have met."

"You did, earlier, in town" Greyson said.

"Of course father, that must be it" Morgana said, as she began setting the table for dinner. But Draken could not help but notice her stealing glances at him.

"Would you care for a cup of ale, or perhaps a gobblet of wine?" Greyson asked, as he removed his boots.

"That would be grand" Draken said, sitting down in one of the large chairs in the living room.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

The cabin had an almost mystic feeling about it. It was like waking on a cold winter morning, and pulling the covers tight around yourself, and lingering in bed all day. The fire was warm, and the light danced off the trophy heads of various animals. Draken had never felt more at home, but yet, there was something not right about all of this...something amiss.

The dinner was perhaps the best Draken had ever eaten, or at least that is how it seemed at the time. He realized that this was the first time he had actually relaxed, enjoyed a meal, and sipped a cup of ale in a very long time.

After dinner, the girls washed the plates and dishes, and were off to bed...allowing Draken and Greyson some time to talk.

"I am not sure that I understand everything that has gone on today" Greyson said, "but I want you to know, I am eternally greatful."

Draken was speechless for a moment, but replied "It...it was the least that I could do."

Greyson regarded him for a moment, and then finished his ale.

"I think it is time that we both get some sleep. We can discuss this in the morning, after taking some rest" Greyson said.

"I should probably go" Draken started, but he was not allowed to finish.

"Nonsense. I had the girls make up the guest room...and you sir, are my guest" Greyson replied.

Suddenly, Draken felt extremely tired. It was as if the events of the last several days hit him like a boulder.

"Well, I must admit, I don't recall the last time that I have slept" Draken said.

"That settles it. Allow me to show you the way" Greyson said.

Before long, Draken was lying in a soft, warm bed, in what he thought was perhaps the coziest room he had ever been in.

The warmeth surrounded him, and the sound of sleet pelting the cabin was like a drug. He was asleep almost immediately.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

"Draken?" he heard, faintly. "Draken!"

He awoke with a start...looking around, he realized very quickly that he was not in the cabin any longer.

"Where is Greyson, where is Morgana!" he asked frantically.

"Who? Greyson?"

"Tabbitha! O gods! Let me look upon you!" he said, throwing his arms around the young woman.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

His head was swimming. There was no way that all of it had been a dream.

"Tabbitha, tell me, where is the Lady LeFay...Morgana?" he asked.

She looked at him strangely and replied, "Draken dear, you know that she has been dead for months."

He looked around the room. Everything seemed familiar, and in place...but, it seemed as though it had been a long time since he had been there.

"And her sister...Abigail?" he asked.

"Draken...are you sure you are feeling well?" Tabbitha asked.

"I am, I am well...I just need to know...what of Abigail?"

"Draken...she died at Fort Fear. Don't you remember?" she asked.

"No. I ... I mean, yes...I think" he said. None of it made sense.

"She was killed, and you almost were as well" she said.

Draken just lied back down...pulling Tabbitha close to him.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

After sleeping several hours, Draken awoke. He was still in his house, but Tabbitha was no where to be found. He began to panic.

"Tabbitha!! Tabbitha!! Where are you?!" he shouted, climbing out of bed. "Tabbitha!!"

"Draken! What is it? Are you alright?" he heard.

It was Tabbitha.

"Yes. Yes, I am fine" he said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

But he wasn't fine. He realized that his side was hurting, very badly.

He got up out of bed, and went to the mirror. And he saw the scar. A long, black scar, that had a very unnatural appearance.

"That is a rather nasty wound" Tabbitha said, as she put her arms around his waist from behind.

"I ... I don't remember getting this" he said.

"Perhaps you should lie back down" she said.

Feeling faint, he agreed.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

He awoke to the sound of a rooster crowing. He rolled over, and there was Tabbitha...sleeping soundly.

He pulled the covers tightly around him, and snuggled next to her, but his mind drifted back to the cabin. In his mind, he could still smell the faint smell of gingerbread, and could hear the subtle din of sleet as it pelted the cabin...and he could still see her eyes.

It could not have been a dream he thought. But how will I ever know?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

There was a knock at the door, and Draken was shaving.

"Could you see who that is love?" he asked.

He heard faint voices downstairs, and hurried to finish up.

"Who is it?" he asked, as he made his way down the stairs.

"A messenger" Tabbitha answered, "he brought this for you."

It was a sealed envelope.

He took it from her, and he looked it over. It looked old, but not ancient.

Now what is this? he wondered.

He opened it, and it was a letter....

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Dear Draken,

If you are reading this, then I have passed into the afterlife, and so has my sister.

I wanted you to know how much you touched my life, and how much you shaped my guild. There was a time in which I thought that the Protectors of Virtue was dead, but you convinced me to carry on. You once told me that I was an influence on you, and that I helped to shape your guild, but in reality, it was the other way around.

I am afraid that the war against Casca has cost me most of the material wealth that I amassed over the years, but there are a few things that I wish to pass on to you. The most important thing is Rayder, my life-long companion. I know that you haven't the skill with animals that some have, but I have personally trained him to obey your every command. He will serve you, as he served me, and I know that you will love him and care for him as I did. Enclosed, you will find two documents. One gives you all rights to any remaining assets I may have held, including Rayder...and the other, is the Protectors of Virtue Guild Charter. With my demise, I wanted to see the Guild live on, and I hope, if you so decide, that it will...through you.

If you see the stablemaster in Trinsic, he will let you have Rayder. And the keys to a deposit box. Hopefully you will find some use for the things I have left behind.

I wanted to leave this for you, because you touched my life in a way that few others ever have.

May the future hold great things for you.

Morgana LeFay

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Draken was in disbelief.

"What is it?" Tabbitha asked.

"It's...it's nothing really" he said, "Just some guild business."

"Is everything alright?" she asked.

"Yes, but I must travel to Trinsic" he replied.

"Are you certain you are up to it?" she asked.

"I am" he said, as he made his way up the stairs to pack.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It is amazing how much Trinsic has changed over the years he thought as he rode through the streets.

Once the "City of Virtue", then the "City of Thieves" for a while, now the "City of Emptiness".

Draken arrived at the stablemaster's, and inquired of him.

"G'day sir!" the stablemaster hailed.

"Good day to you kind sir. I am here on an errand" he replied.

"An errand? Well, hopefully I can be of some help" the stablemaster answered.

"Indeed. I was...given...this note" Draken said.

The stablemaster regarded it, and then studied Draken for a moment before replying, "Hmmm...well, I suppose this seems in order. Follow me good sir."

Draken followed him, down the stables to the back...and there he saw something that made him shutter.

There was Rayder, the once powerful steed of Hell, cowering in a corner, and looking as frail as an old man.

"This is the horse sir...but I am afraid he has seen better days" the stablemaster replied.

Draken just sat there for a moment on his horse, looking at the pathetic shell of a beast and then said "What have you done to him?"

"Me? Done to him?" the stablemaster replied.

"Yes...you. What have you done? The last time I saw this animal he looked as though he could chew the ears off of a balron" Draken answered.

"Aye. I would agree sir. It is just a shame what has happened to this noble creature" the stablemaster offered. "I know this animal well...been stabling him for years now. But a few months ago, he just sort of started ... well ... dying."

Draken couldn't help but feel sorry for the animal. His mane was turning grey, and he looked as though he hadn't eaten in a long time. You could count the ribs through his skin. Draken climbed down, and carefully approached Rayder.

"There there, it's going to be alright" he said as he approached. But as he laid his hand on the hind quarter of the once powerful steed, he noticed the look in his eyes.

The two shared that stare for several moments, and Draken understood.

"It is okay boy..." Draken said to the steed, "She loved you with all of her soul."

Something about the horse's eyes relaxed, and it closed its eyes, and laid its head down in the hay.

Draken stood by his side, until Rayder faded into death.

A tear streamed down Draken's cheek.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Draken remained there in the stable for a time, just sitting next to Rayder.

Then he heard a familar sound...someone recalled in behind him.

He turned to look to see who it was...and he was immediately frightened.

A great dragon, standing several times the height of a man, was stand behind him.

Fear paralyzed him for a moment, until he recognized the face...

"Tiamat?" he asked.

"Indeed Draken Korin" the great dragon answered. "I had to see it with my own eyes."

Draken didn't know what to say...this was the first time a dragon had spoken to him, and he was caught a little off guard.

"Be at ease Draken Korin, I mean you no harm" Tiamat said to him.

Draken replied "T...Tiamat? You were Morgana's pet, right?"

The dragon appeared to smirk, and let out a disapproving snort, "Pet? That is hardly how I would refer to our relationship."

"I...I am sorry...I had no idea, I mean, I didn't know what to say...I just..." Draken stammered.

"Do not concern yourself mortal, it is a common misconception amongst those of your race" the great dragon responded. "Your friend, Morgana, and I shared a complex relationship...as I am sure you and she did as well."

Draken wasn't sure what to say...but managed "Aye."

"I had to see it for myself, that the soul-companion has passed" Tiamat said.

"Soul companion?" Draken asked.

The dragon's eyes grew narrow as they regarded him, as if she was considering his words...or thinking about whether or not to eat him...at least that is what Draken thought.

"Indeed...the soul-companion" Tiamat answered. "It is not something that many understand."

"Perhaps you could explain it to me?" Draken asked.

The dragon sort of chuckled, and said "Doubtful...but, I will try. Once, this animal, Rayder, had died...and Morgana gave a part of her soul to resurrect him. It is a rare gift, extremely rare, but it worked. After that day, this creature was bound to her fate. With his death, it marks the passing of both of them. I had known that Morgana had passed into the land of the dead, but I was not sure if her soul was still in tact. The death of Rayder answers that question."

Draken was a little confused, but mostly understood, and said "Aye...I am afraid that she has passed on. She was slain with a dark weapon, and Enlil'nishar."

Tiamat regarded him for a moment, and the sort of grunted, "Crude. This could not have severed the bond between them. If Morgana was merely slain with a dark blade, Rayder could have resurrected her."

Draken looked at the dragon, and it was very obvious that she was not mistaken.

"I was there. I watched her fall" he said.

"There has to be more. What has happened? Tell me everything" the dragon insisted.

Draken explained how Morgana died, and how her sister set out to find her and to find a way to ressurect her. He explained how the souls trapped in Fort Fear had slain Abigail, and himself. He explained how he had found himself in the past, and how he had prevented Casca from slaying Morgana's father. And he explained how he had found himself there, in front of Tiamat.

The dragon said nothing at first, merely contemplating. Then she spoke, "Interesting. Very, very interesting."

"Interesting? Interesting?!!!" Draken asked, standing to his feet. "Someone I loved has passed into the land of death and you call it 'interesting'!!!"

Tiamat just regarded him as he continued his rant.

"What was I to do? Nothing?! Was I to let them slay her father...again??! Do you think I don't know the story? How was I to leave two young girls to find their way in the world with no father?!!!" he shouted. "What was I to do? You tell me!"

Tiamat's eyes glowed red, as she lowered her massive and powerful head down to peer into Draken Korin's eyes.

"You have done the ultimate good Draken Korin...I am forever in your debt because of it" she said.

He was speechless, sticken with fear...and overcome with emotion.

"You have done something that most powerful forces in this world could not have done" Tiamat said. "Countless lives will be spared, immeasurable suffering will be avoided, and even though you will not see it, the entire world will be changed...forever."

"I...I don't, um...I don't understand" he replied.

The dragon seemed to actually smile, and said "Draken Korin, you have saved Sosaria from the past. You have managed to avert an action that should never have happened, and in so doing, you have utterly changed everything."

Draken still was confused, and said "Could...you, um, explain?"

Tiamat stood up to her full height, and peered into the heavens and said, "I am afraid I cannot, but if you consider your actions, you will know in your heart what you have done. I must ascend, into the heavens, for my work here is complete."

And with that, she was gone.

Things don't seem any different Draken thought, as he made his way out of the stables.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Days passed, and Draken could not get the words of Tiamat out of his brain. He had visited the site of the PoV tower, only to find it decaying, and visited the site of the original PoV tower, only to find a new structure occupying the space. He tried to seek out old members of the PoV, and those that he did find had moved on to other guilds, or where living their livings normally.

None of it made any sense.

But, there was one person that might have some answers for him...

...Casca.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Draken arrived at Castle Blackthorne, Casca's new 'seat of power'. Even though everyone knew that his days were numbered, Casca had the audacity to remain in the old castle. Dawn had not yet made her move to remove the Elf, bound by legal proceedings, and held by an unwillingness to engage in a war as Morgana had done before.

The dark elven guards stopped Draken at the gate...but Draken explained that he had been sent by the LeFays...to negotiate a surrender. The guards seemed uninterested, almost amused...and sent him inside.

Two dark elves led Draken to Casca's audience chamber, and left him there, alone.

He waited for a while, about half an hour, and eventually Casca arrived, looking tired and worn. He was flanked by two guards that looked almost disinterested.

Casca sat in his throne, and spoke "Who has come before us? Speak!"

Draken stepped forward, into the full light, and was about to speak, but Casca interrupted.

"Draken Korin...General, I believe it is?" Casca spat.

Draken didn't say anything at first, he simply took stock of his surroundings. He was surrounded. There were dark elves, that thought they were hiding in the shadows, all around him. He wanted to appear unwaivered.

"Aye...Draken Korin...no longer a general" he replied.

"And to what do I owe this pleasure, traitor?" Casca asked.

"Traitor?...Well, now that is an interesting term" Draken replied. "I came to deliver a message."

He looked upon Casca, who looked twenty years older than he had before. At least, that was Draken's perception...some part of him wondered for a moment if it was the Casca of the past that he was comparing this one to, but he realized quickly that it was not.

"A message?" Casca asked, "My guards tell that you come on behalf of the LeFays. However...I know that Lady Abigail has passed on recently, and that her dear sister passed on months ago. So...tell me, Korin, whom exactly do you represent in the LeFay family?"

Draken looked at Casca's smirking face and replied, "Greyson LeFay."

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Casca took a step back, and looked around uncomfortably, and managed "Who?...I am sorry, I don't know that name..."

But Draken cut him off..."Oh, I am quite sure you do. The Warden of the Skara Woods. Greyson "Tidehawke" LeFay". You know...the man you murdered so many years ago."

Draken could feel the dark elves stirring around him...but suddenly, Casca said "Guards...leave us. NOW!"

Draken watched as at least a dozen dark elves made their way out of the chamber.

"We are alone now, general" Casca said, as he stood up from his seated position, and began to walk towards Draken. "Why don't you tell me exactly what you know about Tidehawke LeFay."

Draken felt a twinge of fear run down his spine...he knew that he was in mortal danger...again. Yet, something inside of him...like a burning fire suddenly errupted...and he rushed forward to meet Casca.

"You want to know what I know? Do you?" he said, as suddenly he was holding the Elf by the throat. "Let me tell you what I know...You killed a noble man, an honest father, and ruined the lives of two innocent, and beautiful little girls, you pieces of horses**t."

Casca's eys looked as though he had seen a ghost.

"And then", Draken continued, "you proceeded to interfere in the lives of the two daughters...didn't you?" he asked, as he squeezed harder upon the throat of Casca. "It was you, wasnt't it? You are the one that had Vader and Moonlight Myst torture Morgana. You are the one that convinced Lord Brittish to send Abigail to the Conservatory? It was you wasn't it??!!"

Draken could have killed Casca in that moment, but suddenly, he saw something in the eyes of the Elf that he did not expect. A dark glow, like looking into the face of death.

"Fool!" Casca spat, as he swatted Draken to the ground. "Hahahaha!!!"

Draken could taste blood in his mouth, but something made him rise to his feet.

"Of course it was I...it has always been I" Casca said in a demonic voice.

Draken reached into his belt, and retrieved a crystal..."Do go on" he said.

"Do you think things happen in this world by chance??!" Casca said...and it appeared he was growing, and being covered by shadow.

"So it was you! You are the one that killed Morgana's father...and caused Lord Brittish to abandon Abigail. And in his guilt, he left us all!!" Draken said, as he worked the crystal with his fingers.

"Indeed...and now, the circle shall be complete. I will end your pathetic life, and then I will raise an army of the damned, the dead, and the deformed...the likes of which this land has never seen!!!" Casca said, as his visage turned into something far darker.

"That's pretty much what I thought you would say" Draken said. "By the way...have you ever heard of a communications crystal?"

"What?" Casca said.

"That's right...you are on the air!!! Say hi to the folks at Castle Brittish you son of a pancake!"

"What have you done?" Casca spat.

"Oh, I just made sure that you get what is coming to you...murderer!" Draken said, as he uttered the words "Kal Ort Por" and disappeared.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Father! Father! Can we pull the boat in on that beach" the young girl asked her father.

He spied the land through his looking glass...a pristine white sand beach, ringed in forest.

"Of course my beauty!" he replied as he made his way to the tiller.

"Daddy, can we stay there tonight" the younger one pleaded.

"Perhaps" he said, with a smile on his face.

The boat reached the shallows, as he jumped out and pulled it onto the shore.

"Where are we father?" the raven haired girl asked her father.

"I'd make our position just north and east of Trinsic" he replied as he anchored the boat.

"It is heavenly!" she said, as she twirled in the summer air.

"Daddy, can we play in the water?" the younger daughter asked of him.

"Yes, but let's not get too deep!" he replied.

They laughed and splashed there until the sun sank behind the trees.

That night, they built a fire, and cooked their catch out under the stars.

"Father, this feels like a place that I have been before" the young girl said to her father.

"Now Morgana, you have never been this far south...you know that" he replied.

"Perhaps it was in a dream" she replied.

"That must have been it" the father replied. "Now you two need to get some sleep."

"Do we have to go to bed now?" the younger daughter asked.

"Now little Abigail, what kind of father would I be if I allowed my daughters to stay up all night?" he asked her.

"A good father?" she replied.

He smiled, and kissed her on the cheek. "Let's get ready for bed now my sweethearts."

He sat back, and watched his girls snuggle into their bedrolls as the fire grew dim.

Tomorrow, they would sail to Trinisic, and buy this land...and the future, well...no one ever knows what the future might hold.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

***Afterword***

I hope that you have enjoyed my stories.

I will admit, at times, this last one was very hard to write, as it bids farewell to old friends, to the Atlantic Shard, and to UO in general.

I know that my posts about a Classic Shard, and other topics have been somewhat abrassive at times, but I feel so passionately about UO that I cannot help myself.

There are many people that I will miss...and I hope that we can stay in touch. I have a website, ClassicUO Homepage, and my guild website, www.protectorsofvirtue.com. I hope I can keep in touch with anyone that wishes to do so in that manner.

For those that I have included in my stories, please know that you have touched my life in some way. I will always...always...treasure my time in Ultima Online. It has been a part of me for almost as long as I can remember, and so have all of you.

I have greatly enjoyed writing these stories, and relating stories both factual and fictional here. I owe thanks to many Ultima Online players, and I would like to take this time to acknowledge them:

(in chronological order...or as close as I can come)

CouDrac
HawThorne
El Stinko
Mr. Clean
Richard Garriott
Bathory
Bill Blas
Erika
Dr. Deth
Autumner
Brolly
Zodiac
SilverThorne
Emiline
Gwendolyn
Evets Namrezy
Lord Bryon
Dalamar
Xabolix
Kendrexil
Sexecutioner
John Henry
Sir Robin
Masta Killa
Hewitt
Crawford
Anasazi Vollette
Ming
Moonlight Myst
The Covetous Crew
Scar
Lice
The rest of the Trinsic Borrowers
The Syndicate
Forge Angel
AoD
The Mercs
The Storm Reaver Orcs
Vader
Moonlight Myst
Lady Jade
Sheol
Leland Black
Katie
Ahuaeynjgqxs
Seanen
Draconi
Draken Korin
Lady Aalia Snow
Lady Rachel
Lady Andrasta
Lady Aubry
Cear Dallben Dragon
Rhydius
Elros Leralonde
Tarn Nervosus
J.Ellison
Amanda
Cal_Mythic
Nacola
Dakkon Blackblade
Kogan
Britney
AaronTheAssassin
Varaug Hendall
Carn Fanghur
Beren Draumur
Dakkon Blackblade
Evlar

If I missed your name, I am terrilby, terribly sorry. If you PM me, and tell me of your impact on my time in UO, I will gladly add you to the list.

I will always cherish the memories of each and every one of you. UO, Sosaria, was my second home...my second life...for over a decade.

Thank you, thank you all for the amazing memories!!! I will always hold them near and dear to my heart!

Morgana

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear Morgana,

I am sad that your story here and in UO has come to an end. Many people will remember and miss you here, most definitely me. Your writings were enjoyed by many and it was my thwarted wish that you could have written here as a reporter.

I know you would have been a great one. I believe you are a very good writer and I hope to read more of your stories somewhere else and will look for that place.

Never say never, perhaps someday there will be a real Classic shard and you will come home. I believe such a shard if made properly would bring back many things that a lot of us have hoped for, some like me for many many years. If that day comes I will look for you as I will be there rebuilding Goodman's as it was in those days.

Please keep in touch and if you ever need anything you think I can help you with, you have but to ask.

My Very Best Regards,
Andrasta
GRL

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*coughs heavily, his throat dry and his pulse weak*

*brushes dust from robes and lays walking cane on the side, bouncing with a loud thump*

*effortfully raises arms on table, lifts pen with painstaking measure*

A story told, the moment all truths were told, so the prophecy accomplishes.

I stand humbled at the height of glory, of my hearts memories so few remain, but so dear and sweet.

Thou will hate me for it, but as your companion I must once again press my trembling hand on the wavering fabric of this convergeance.

Thou went back once and always shall, its will is infinite and it ripples resembling itself through the looking glass.

All the white horses have gone ahead
I tell thou that I'll always want you near
You say that things change
My dear

It is thy will, it always will be, eternity is home.

That is the secret, Avatar... water is consciousness, the cycle is second to half broken.

*sighs for what seems an eternity, the lack of water preventing any emotion from flowing*

Not the fact that you attract what thy will, but that what thou willed shant be the whole of the law either ; it is not over... you are not alone somewhere, inside the soul, you can feel the colors embraze. Before the next full earth moon I will face my fate and become possibly the most evil force in the entire galaxy, out of necessity ; fool hardy of years magnitudinalised. Lest thou findeth me in thy inextricable ingenuosity, Avatar...

*Ahu carefully places the charcoal, or was it blackrock, pen to hold the sheet (he had made out of chewing small twigs for weeks) down*

*looks down at his long and hardened fingernails and laughs, his pleasure ending up being scuttled by a harsh wind sending him in a bout of deep coughing*

What can we accomplish with just our hands, he exclaims to himself after regaining his posture.

*sings and old irish song and departs joyfully, with an immense fright ; of the sun and many a nebulae*

D

Draken-Korin

Morgana, you can say it over and over its one last post regarding "classic shards, your stories, Sosaria in general, etc" but I doubt that. History provides us all with a wonderful backdrop of simply "most things in life are destined to be repeated". Knowing this and accepting it provides us with the knowledge that no one should EVER say things in such a finite manner, least of all you.

The sad part to all of this is there is a place for you in Sosaria, you (and so many others that have lived and breathed this world) just have failed to find it. Yes, the landscape of UO has changed, but the always present bottom line here is companionship in a gaming world. That could come in many different forms as we all know: rping, pvming, crafting, merchant, pvping, a builder of communities, realtors, etc etc etc. Simply logging in and knowing there are thinking human beings on the other side of your screen in which you can interact with, going about life the same way you are searching for an outlet in a make believe setting.

I live on the east coast and this world allows me to have a conversation and adventure in a fun gaming world such as UO with a guildmate from Japan (just ONE example). Thirty years ago what would have provided me with that opportunity?

Your posts show, and the conversations we had a while back, you miss this world. Its a shame you cannot accept what it is, and that it still has a place for you in it. Ten years from now if UO is still going (and I hope it is), I am of the opinion that you will look back and regret that you didnt play for those ten years, allowing yourself to forge new friendships while creating new memories.

Ill date myself and tell anyone else that posts and reads on these boards with an obvious love for this world created so long ago to google Eddie Money and the song, "I want to go back". Bottom line is we cant go back, just a fact of how life is laid out for us.

The majority of friends you made in Sosaria so long ago are long gone, the many memories you have of them more than likely fading. Are you wrong for making new ones???

Living in the dash is a scary thought once you accept thats all we have. Making the most of that brief moment in time though can be a truly wonderful adventure.

Draken-Korin
TWT, The Wheel of Time
Atlantic Shard

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh but it will... be there that is. But what is a year, without time ?

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!

by: George Gordon (Lord) Byron (1788-1824)

This was posted by Bennu, not long ago.

Lord Byron ?

Sounds a bell... :popcorn:

T

Tor Morgrim

Wow...

I just read this entire thread as well as Mr. Clean's lengthy history post.

I originally played on Chessy during the same time period and even though I was on a different shard, these stories sure bring back many good memories of my own.

Even though I've never met Morgana, I gotta say...I kind of miss her! Weird, I know, but the sense of community and fellowship these tales invoke are heartwarming and somewhat bittersweet. I guess I just miss that era. However, as Draken said, "you can't go back", but those memories can certainly inspire my current community involvement.

So thanks for that Morgana, as well as the great stories.

Tor Morgrim (Republic of Magincia)
Amon Seth (Zog Cabal)
Silverwing (United We Fight)

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Wow...

I just read this entire thread as well as Mr. Clean's lengthy history post.

I originally played on Chessy during the same time period and even though I was on a different shard, these stories sure bring back many good memories of my own.

Even though I've never met Morgana, I gotta say...I kind of miss her! Weird, I know, but the sense of community and fellowship these tales invoke are heartwarming and somewhat bittersweet. I guess I just miss that era. However, as Draken said, "you can't go back", but those memories can certainly inspire my current community involvement.

So thanks for that Morgana, as well as the great stories.

Tor Morgrim (Republic of Magincia)
Amon Seth (Zog Cabal)
Silverwing (United We Fight)
Thanks! It makes me feel warm inside to know that I at least touched a few people with these stories. There are a couple of more, if you want to read them.

- Wraith, Love, and Redemption
- This One Time, at Band Camp
- The Fortress of Fear

All of them are rooted in classic UO and post-AoS UO. All of them are loosely based on real events, fictionalized, and of course, told in a way that keeps them as 'in-character' as possible. I guess it is against some rule to bump them to the top of the list (although I have seen other people simply post the word 'bump' in their threads to move them up, without the threads being locked...guess it depends on who the author has offended?)

Either way, you can also see these stories, without censorship, at www.protectorsofvirtue.com.

Thanks,

Morgana

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Oh...and, although I said that "A Dark Secret" would be my last story...it won't be.

I am writting one more. It will be called "The End of the Circle". I realized that I left many loose ends...mostly because of my poor writting and editting skills. :) It will sort of explain some of the obvious plot holes the other stories created, and answer a few questions people have asked me about the stories.

I am working on an outline (for once) instead of just going 'seat-of-the-pants' as the mood strikes me.

Things that will be answered in this story:

- Who really killed Clean, and why.
- What Morgana's relationship with Casca was, and why.
- Why Abigail never forced her hand for the throne.
- Who was Tiamat, and why was she so intent on helping Morgana.
- Why did MoonlightMyst do what she did, and what became of her.
- What was the real relationship between Erika and Clean.
- How did Draken Korin survive while Abigail did not.
- Why did the Guild Council abandon the PoV.
- What happened to those that survived the war.

I realize that there are several inconsistencies that I cannot reconcile. Please bear in mind that I am just an amature writer, and that no one editted these stories. One day, I will compile them all into a true 3rd party omniscient novel format, but for now, the best I can offer is this final piece of work that ties it all together, but does not excuse my sloppiness :)