• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A couple of issues with the game today

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Just in the past hour while hunting Tsuki Wolves, I was having trouble getting a targeting cursor to come up while casting spells along with problems with targeting a proper tile for my RC. I would have to recast my spells many times to get a targeting cursor. And a few times I was taking damage from unseen Tsuki Wolves. They seemed to be studying stealth from the nearby ninjas. :p Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else is dealing with the same,or do I just need to delete my UO files and download again to fix any borked files?

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Close your paperdoll and re-open it. Or dismount and/or remount (This doesn't work with gargoyle flight). Your client might be desynchronized.

As far as cursors, you might be getting interrupted so check if you're in protection, also if you have circle of transparency on, you might not be seeing true world object that would prevent you from summoning an RC where you desire.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just in the past hour while hunting Tsuki Wolves, I was having trouble getting a targeting cursor to come up while casting spells along with problems with targeting a proper tile for my RC. I would have to recast my spells many times to get a targeting cursor. And a few times I was taking damage from unseen Tsuki Wolves. They seemed to be studying stealth from the nearby ninjas. :p Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else is dealing with the same,or do I just need to delete my UO files and download again to fix any borked files?
Some of the area where those spawn is kind of hilly, which might be why you are having trouble finding a tile for targeting an RC. Maybe try another area with the wolves that has a more level terrain.

Tsuki wolves have a special "rage attack" that might be affecting your character if you are standing too close to one that is attacking your RC. This might be a problem especially if your suit has the "reflect physical damage" property on it.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Some of the area where those spawn is kind of hilly, which might be why you are having trouble finding a tile for targeting an RC. Maybe try another area with the wolves that has a more level terrain.
The place I kite them to is the open field that is on the opposite side of the road from the bakes spawn. So it's kind of level though I don't think a house could go there. Odd thing today though is that I fizzled the RC spell three times while hunting the Tsuki's, but not because I was getting hit or being too close to the target. It seems I just flat out failed the cast with a 120 mystic. *shrugs* I am not sure what to make of it.

Tsuki wolves have a special "rage attack" that might be affecting your character if you are standing too close to one that is attacking your RC. This might be a problem especially if your suit has the "reflect physical damage" property on it.[/QUOTE]

My main character is a pure caster so it has always been a tactic of mine to keep the greatest distance possible between me and my target. So the Tsuki rage attack doesn't come close to hitting me while I am there. Haha maybe I should just give the Tsuki a break, though it's one of my favorite targets.