• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A caution regarding the Sonoma cloak

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
EM Willow has posted in the Sonoma forum that it was a 100 (+1 for deco) drop. The following caught my eye, though; I know at least a few clothing collectors display on display cases and tables - DON'T do it for this cloak. The following from EM Willow caught my eye:

"Those of you who got the drop please make note these cloaks are newbie blessed, cannot be cut, and will decay instantly if dropped on the ground (or on a table or anywhere). It cannot be locked down so it is suggested if you haven't got a character who can wear as far as I know you can put it on a mannequin."
Brian

ZozmaLS

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Will it decay if you place it in a secure container? Or can you even place it in a container?

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mine is doing just fine in the bank container, I tested some other noob clothing on a mannequin today as well. I would be willing to bet, secured containers, mannequins, bank boxes, and your player are all safe bets for the item.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I saw that too. I think secure chests should be ok, I have kept other newbified items there. I used to collect newbied regs for pvp fights... wish they still made those!

ZozmaLS

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I will be wearing mine anyways, was just wondering if u could even put it in a secure container.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I would think secures are fine. I'd just be careful to only display using a mannequin.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess this item is being fixed.

Makes we wonder though why some items are fixable while others.. Large fireworks wand (cannon).. Pentagram (ocean blue craftable) .. And others are just brushed off.. And oh welled..

But yeah i guess this one will be fixed check uo news.