• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Cartel Event: 27 Dresses

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As some of you might know, Veral, one of our Cartel members ships out soon. He will be leaving the game for an indefinite amount of time as he is moving to Egypt to take up a government related job. So we here at Cartel figured we'd throw together a little sending away party.

The problem, of course, was what to do, that would be appropriate.

Harrower? Nah. Too boring.

Party? Nah. None of us know how to decorate.

Cartel Karaoke night? ...well, I certainly wanted to do it...

So finally one of our resident geniuses (myself) figured it out: A Veral hunt!

So here's the deal:

1. You msg me on these forums with your icq #. This event is Invite-only. All party crashers will be ganked. Veral will get final approval of who gets to come to his little party.

2. In a super secret location that we choose, Veral will be running around, naked, with two xhealers. Everyone else? The idea is to hunt Veral.

3. Veral will not be completely naked (sorry, ladies!). He will be wearing one of his many colored dresses; each looted dress at the end of the event will earn 100k! There will be 27 dresses in total.

4. The time and date of the event will be Thursday, August 20th, at 3 PM PST. Sorry folks, he doesn't get to play any later at night than that. His mom gets really mad.

Nearly everyone is welcome to come, so send me an msg early so it'll be easier for me to organize.

This event ~will~ be held in Fel, and we will do our utmost to make sure things run smoothly. Please remember that this is Fel, and things do happen. This event also doubles as a training session for our xhealers to keep Veral alive, so please keep in mind that we are not encouraging total chaos.

And for those of you who don't wish to attend, feel free to leave your well wishes and goodbyes on this thread. We're going to miss Veral; he's been an integral part of the guild from the first day he joined and he helped to keep the guild together during its turbulent times. We respect him not only as a guildmate, but as a friend too.

And what better way to show that gratitude than by killing him?

Repeatedly?

=]

C

Capt.E

I hope I can make it to the event, but my work schedule is crazy and I never know when I can play. I wish you the very best Veral, thank you for running one of the best pk guilds on uo. I might even have a chance at killing you for once :D. Good luck

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is actually a great idea. It's like roasting someone (the "roasts" that you see on Comedy network for example) out of respect and just having a good time. Take care, in Egypt, VERAL. Come back safe to us and good luck!

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feel free to donate dresses for Veral to wear. His favorite colors are pink, purple, and yellow.

Time and date posted. I know it's an awkward time, but then so was your puberty.

EDIT: Dresses have been donated, thank you!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My stomach lurched when I read that Veral was leaving the game for an unknown amount of time. He's another one of THOSE PEOPLE who I enjoy being around when he shows up in Trammel. This is such a clever idea you've come up with to say "we hope to see you soon". I am among those who hope to see you soon but until that time comes, be well, be safe and Godspeed, dear man. *deep curtsy*

G

Give'R The Onion

Fare thee well Veral and I wish you a safe return my friend!

Girl Scout Edith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings SuperKen,

Baja Girls Scout Troop 1 would be honored if we would be allowed to attend. I'm sure this would be an event that would provide further education for my girls.

Thank you for your consideration.

Girl Scout Edith
Troop Leader

Z

Zyron

Awwwuhh!!!

VERAL is soo much fun tho!! I can tell that hes just a BLAST to have in the guild, quite sad that hes leaving..

I wish him the best of luck in his new job..

God Bless!!!

Do I leave my ICQ number here or do I PM

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings SuperKen,

Baja Girls Scout Troop 1 would be honored if we would be allowed to attend. I'm sure this would be an event that would provide further education for my girls.

Thank you for your consideration.

Girl Scout Edith
Troop Leader
This is hilarious!! Are you sure it's the kind of education you want for your girls? I have this mind pic of Girl Scouts standing over Veral's dead body and saying, "He refused to buy our cookies". Priceless!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is hilarious!! Are you sure it's the kind of education you want for your girls? I have this mind pic of Girl Scouts standing over Veral's dead body and saying, "He refused to buy our cookies". Priceless!
Oh, Mama Faith, that's hilarious!!!
Girl Scouts: Want to buy some Girl Scout cookies?
Veral: No!
Girl Scouts: Corp Por! Kal Vas Flam!
Party Message: Veral ... I've been killed by Girl Scout Edith
Girl Scouts: * skips away *

(Kidding Veral .... It's just a funny scenario to imagine)

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, Mama Faith, that's hilarious!!!
Girl Scouts: Want to buy some Girl Scout cookies?
Veral: No!
Girl Scouts: Corp Por! Kal Vas Flam!
Party Message: Veral ... I've been killed by Girl Scout Edith
Girl Scouts: * skips away *

(Kidding Veral .... It's just a funny scenario to imagine)
Too funny, Sara. *ROFL* I was telling my hubby about the Girl Scouts wanting to attend Veral's party and he started laughing and said, they'd probably end up fighting over his dresses. More mind pics! hahahaha

C

Cymidei Fier

awww! Grats on the promotion Veral. You will definitely be missed around Baja. Can't ya still play UO from Egypt?

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad news for us Veral. But hopefully this is an opportunistic move forward for you and the goals you hope to accomplish in life.

Best of luck to you in your travels, adventures, and endeavors.

P.S. Do you sunburn as easily as SuperK? Don't forget the SPF 30. :p

D

DB of Cartel

This was a blast! Running around the various locations throughout fel, with an army of reds, blues, and oranges, chasing veral like rabid dogs. The whole time veral laughing his arse off, several of us trying to keep him healed, and alive as long as possible, while also laughing to where we ( I ) could barely even see.

A few times I was so blurry eyed from laughing so hard, I actually dropped a stone wall in front of him instead of behind him (luckily he maneuvers quick).

Thank you all for coming out, those that did. We definately hope you had fun!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do hope someone got screenshots. If I didn't stink at attacking other players, I would've loved to have been there.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What great fun! And what a way for friends to say farewell to a PK. Nice work SuperK with setting this up. Best part was playing alongside enemy. Usually when we see each other it's instant combat, Kill on Sight.

Glad you had a blast Veral.

** I thought about screenshots but got caught up in the chasing, running shots, and fun.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What great fun! And what a way for friends to say farewell to a PK. Nice work SuperK with setting this up. Best part was playing alongside enemy. Usually when we see each other it's instant combat, Kill on Sight.

Glad you had a blast Veral.

** I thought about screenshots but got caught up in the chasing, running shots, and fun.
I agree, Airhaun, this was great fun ... I have some screenshots that I will be getting edited and posted soon.

SuperKen, a big thank you for putting this together! You outdid yourself!

L

Lady Tiger

I had a blast and never laughed so hard to see these reds wearing pink dresses.