• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Call to Arms! - A PvPers plea for assistance!

Dethsius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Greetings and Salutations!

I am a sole PVPer from Pacific with a plea for help. I am sadly humbled, begging for assistance, coming to Atlantic in my quest for help, I have mulled it over time and again and decided that the request is necessary due to our current state. First, I must say, Pacific is not the dead shard some believe it to be. It is quite active, though not nearly with the attendance Atlantic holds. It has a few large guilds of active players, yet many of it's residence stay to themselves and many play only in Trammel. With this, one could say that Felucca is a dead, empty land. This is only partially true and only due to a simple circumstance that needs the attention of worthy fighters and esteemed protectors. For this reason I make my plea and hope for the best.

You see, there are many who try to trek to Fel in hopes of reward but their hopes and dreams are quickly dashed by a small uncanny clan of killers known as Cartel ($C$). They stake out every dungeon in Fel on a daily basis, hiding spies in each, waiting for their next victims, holding off until the bosses of each are summoned, then rushing in to attack, mutilate and run off the would be victors, thus stealing the glory for themselves. Shortly after finishing the boss, they gloat and mock those fallen comrades for the whole shard to see. Most of the time, those adventurers never return for a few reasons. More often than not, they are overpowered, out numbered and grow weary of the constant boasting that no one can stand up to this ragtag band of murders and thieves. Granted, this band of killers aren't that great at what they do but they do band together and Pacific seldom has enough PVPers around at any given time to keep them at bay. Get them alone and Cartel will fall one by one but they never will be found alone. The times we do have the numbers to overtake them, they run away until they know their numbers are superior again, falling upon unsuspecting adventurers.

Sadly, most of the players of Pacific will avoid Fel altogether because of this. Some try to band together but without the numbers and without the coordination to stick together and fight as a team, any attempt at stopping Cartel just isn't enough. Those of us that do stand up and fight lack the numbers, though we still win nearly half the time when we're lucky enough to have equal numbers or better, which is extremely seldom. Even then, that small band of defenders rally for only a small bout of fighting until we are overcome by the reserve that Cartel keeps nearby. They use shady tactics such as bottles on steps to cast inside homes and word has spread by reliable sources that claim they perform even shadier techniques that is looked down on by the overseers of Pacific, yet even when admitted on the rare occasions by the guilty parties, nothing is ever done.

So, I plea to you, fighters of Atlantic. We need your sword. We need your spells.

I understand that this request could do more harm than good, however. I realize that by calling out, I could be inviting those more dreadful than Cartel in their actions and ways. This is a chance I am willing to take. If I am in essence "Burning the World Down", then it must be better than dealing with this lot. At least then, their fear will be as ours and perhaps they would understand what we have to run in to each and every day. So, with that being said, I am willing for an outcome, any outcome at all. Some would say, "maybe you should get your people together and fight". We have tried many times to no avail. Some would say, "this is the way it is in Fel", and I understand that it is so, and cherish this. Still, having no foothold in this land with each and every attempt, it makes even a seasoned warrior like myself and others turn our gaze to Trammel with sad hearts and a heavy spirit of defeat in our bellies.

It is said that the reason Cartel preys on us in Fel the way they do is because we keep going back. This is not true. There have been and still are long periods were no one entices them or "feeds the beast", so to speak. Still they call out and mock those that don't fall prey to their schemes. They have infiltrated guilds with spies. They have even taken over guilds from within and kicking their guildmaster out simply for bragging rights. They have claimed Pacific and I fear that there is nothing we can do against even this small band of grief.

It has also been said that the reason they have made a firm foothold in Fel on Pacific, it is because they are not worthy on other shards and they have come to Fel because there is no real competition. No one to fight against them, giving them free reign of the dungeons there. No opposition to push them away.

I call to you, no, I plea to you Atlantic. Lend us your arms! Even if for only a little while. This constant, daily, hourly irritation must be stamped out and we would be most grateful for the help. We will stand by you and assist in any way we can with the few numbers we have.

~
a Desperate Sword

Last edited:

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What guild is it you are in? I love to beat down the awful Cartel scrubs. They aren't very good like you said, just numbers. Do I know any of your characters, as I have been on pacific before? Do you still need help with those noobies? I know I have a mage there still not sure what other chars though. Hit me up

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't speak for Cartel, nor have any comments on your claims, but ...goodness gracious Dethsius, let's get a few things straight here.
1) we know you get lots of spawns off, we're not on 24\7 and we don't have any 'cams' or other voodoo, we actively check spawns regularly, it's not rocket science.
2) it takes you hours to do a spawn, so it's not uncommon for you to get caught.
3) the reason it takes you so long, is your gear is not optimized, and you use hybrid toons to do sampire work.
4) when you do spawn, you usually do it alone. And when you have up to 4-5 with you, you need to work together better, just as you stated above. If you don't have bumble or vent to communicate with each other,
you're going to have a difficult time getting organized. If you DO have voice comms, you just need to step-up, practice, and get better. There is no reason why you can't beat an average pvp'r like myself.
So you have action items to work on Dethsius.
We have dedicated toons on all shards... everyone knows where we are when they want to fight. I have seven dedicated toons on pac alone. Funny how 'Mr all-cap-in game-text Great DC' has a mage there, but do you fight us there ? This is what will happen, people will transfer one of their pvp toons to pac, they won't stay long, and then they transfer their toon off of pac again.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am a sole PVPer from Pacific with a plea for help. I am sadly humbled, begging for assistance, coming to Atlantic in my quest for help, I have mulled it over time and again and decided that the request is necessary due to our current state. First, I must say, Pacific is not the dead shard some believe it to be. It is quite active, though not nearly with the attendance Atlantic holds. It has a few large guilds of active players, yet many of it's residence stay to themselves and many play only in Trammel. With this, one could say that Felucca is a dead, empty land. This is only partially true and only due to a simple circumstance that needs the attention of worthy fighters and esteemed protectors. For this reason I make my plea and hope for the best.

You see, there are many who try to trek to Fel in hopes of reward but their hopes and dreams are quickly dashed by a small uncanny clan of killers known as Cartel ($C$). They stake out every dungeon in Fel on a daily basis, hiding spies in each, waiting for their next victims, holding off until the bosses of each are summoned, then rushing in to attack, mutilate and run off the would be victors, thus stealing the glory for themselves. Shortly after finishing the boss, they gloat and mock those fallen comrades for the whole shard to see. Most of the time, those adventurers never return for a few reasons. More often than not, they are overpowered, out numbered and grow weary of the constant boasting that no one can stand up to this ragtag band of murders and thieves. Granted, this band of killers aren't that great at what they do but they do band together and Pacific seldom has enough PVPers around at any given time to keep them at bay. Get them alone and Cartel will fall one by one but they never will be found alone. The times we do have the numbers to overtake them, they run away until they know their numbers are superior again, falling upon unsuspecting adventurers.

Sadly, most of the players of Pacific will avoid Fel altogether because of this. Some try to band together but without the numbers and without the coordination to stick together and fight as a team, any attempt at stopping Cartel just isn't enough. Those of us that do stand up and fight lack the numbers, though we still win nearly half the time when we're lucky enough to have equal numbers or better, which is extremely seldom. Even then, that small band of defenders rally for only a small bout of fighting until we are overcome by the reserve that Cartel keeps nearby. They use shady tactics such as bottles on steps to cast inside homes and word has spread by reliable sources that claim they perform even shadier techniques that is looked down on by the overseers of Pacific, yet even when admitted on the rare occasions by the guilty parties, nothing is ever done.

So, I plea to you, fighters of Atlantic. We need your sword. We need your spells.

I understand that this request could do more harm than good, however. I realize that by calling out, I could be inviting those more dreadful than Cartel in their actions and ways. This is a chance I am willing to take. If I am in essence "Burning the World Down", then it must be better than dealing with this lot. At least then, their fear will be as ours and perhaps they would understand what we have to run in to each and every day. So, with that being said, I am willing for an outcome, any outcome at all. Some would say, "maybe you should get your people together and fight". We have tried many times to no avail. Some would say, "this is the way it is in Fel", and I understand that it is so, and cherish this. Still, having no foothold in this land with each and every attempt, it makes even a seasoned warrior like myself and others turn our gaze to Trammel with sad hearts and a heavy spirit of defeat in our bellies.

It is said that the reason Cartel preys on us in Fel the way they do is because we keep going back. This is not true. There have been and still are long periods were no one entices them or "feeds the beast", so to speak. Still they call out and mock those that don't fall prey to their schemes. They have infiltrated guilds with spies. They have even taken over guilds from within and kicking their guildmaster out simply for bragging rights. They have claimed Pacific and I fear that there is nothing we can do against even this small band of grief.

It has also been said that the reason they have made a firm foothold in Fel on Pacific, it is because they are not worthy on other shards and they have come to Fel because there is no real competition. No one to fight against them, giving them free reign of the dungeons there. No opposition to push them away.

I call to you, no, I plea to you Atlantic. Lend us your arms! Even if for only a little while. This constant, daily, hourly irritation must be stamped out and we would be most grateful for the help. We will stand by you and assist in any way we can with the few numbers we have.

~
a Desperate Sword
:next: also :banana:

Unicorn Puppies

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You can ask the glorious people of Great lakes and the other shards how they feel and what they face. You aren't alone, but ALL people need to take the time to learn the game. We are here to have fun! Blaming us for your misfortunes is an understatement for your inability to put in the effort, like what Rex said. Crying to other people just looks silly! Have a piece of cake, read the publishes carefully, and MOST of all...... it's a game. Luv you!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

~
a Desperate Sword

In all reality you only need a couple people to help. From what I have seen, the cartel guild members arent the greatest pvpers. They are however very efficient and work well together. If you need help building a better suit or just need some simple but effective strategy, send me an icq. I also have players on PaC that can help from time to time. :)

Dont let Cartel get you down, they are just having their bit of fun. Be like karate kid and learn ya some. :)

"sweep the leg"

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Scribbles for the record...Cartel members haven't always been bad pvpers :p We have always been very good at team work...glad to know that part at least is still working even if the people sporting our tag aren't as good as we once were.

Dethsius, I am sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. Even when we had Dust running spawns for us on her ghost all day every day we still didn't catch every single spawn. I would imagine that if you try then you get a lot of spawns done....if not then you are doing something wrong. There have been and will always be guilds out there to fight back against other guilds...sometimes zergs do happen, but most of the time they eventually fall apart.

You can't fault the people currently in Cartel for coming to kill you when they find you tho. As real field fighting PVPers back in the day all we were interested in were dungeon fights. I am not now and never have been big on Yew and in Cartel back in the day we frowned on gate/guard zone fighting. As for the part about talking **** in Gen Chat...I am sad to hear that. During my time and during Cartels real years, we didn't have Gen Chat....but even if we had we wouldn't have been talking **** in Gen Chat...that just goes to show that its not the same guild. We were all Red, but we were a classy group for the most part. I still call myself a member of Cartel, but I am not in the guild...but then again I don't consider most the people wearing that tag to be "Cartel".

Anyway...hope you get some people to help you put up a fight. To be honest...I would just about come help. Anyone that really enjoys PVP wants a fair fight, otherwise its not fun. Good Luck to you pal.