• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A a future ongoing lottery?

O

Oaka

Do you think it be cool and help the value of gold stay stable if we had an ongoing lottery?

Like say have one stone like the ones being used now to buy a ticket and have it located somewhere like brit or whatever.

Not sure on the prize but here are a few possibilities?

-A certain percentage of the gold goes towards a fee, then the rest goes to the winning player.
-The lottery is for a special object such as an artifact, event item, or whatever.

I think it would be really cool to have something like this. Maybe have it as once a month or once a week or something.

W

Woodsman

The Magincia vendor bazaar will be an ongoing lottery you bid on every week.

J

jaashua

I know there is text in the client for the bazaar, but I don't think that means it's coming for sure. It's beyond pointless. I think it was where they were heading until they scrapped the idea.

And I think the devs need to be very careful about appearing to offer gambling in the game, which is why we don't have a UO Vegas anywhere yet. There are pretty strict laws governing gambling that extend into online and potentially even virtual environments.