• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] 70/95/70/70/70 studded in three imbues. Fact or fiction?

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
In a thread over in the warrior forum Corwinxx suggested to me an incredible suit template that would solve some mana problems I was having. However, just how I would go about making it seems to escape me. Here's the recommended build:
Get 8 LMC from each armor piece in the first turn.
Probably
3 pieces: 5 HCI, 8 LMC, 8 SI, 8 MI, 5 HPI
2 pieces: 5 HCI, 8 LMC, 8 SI, 8 MI, 15 resist

And get some resist from jewels.
1/6 FC/FCR is better than 2/4 FC/FCR.
I've come close to forming the suit to the specifications listed, but I always end up 5-6 pts short (one resist on ring, two on suit, 10 from Des. Quiver). So instead of turning a warrior forum thread into a crafting thread, I thought I'd open it up to you all to ask for your expertise.

What I'm looking for is general rules or tactics, ie "go for pieces with no exceptional points and enhance with spined", if such tactics exist. I'm assuming that no point can be wasted in a build like this, so there has to be pieces with no exceptional points in certain slots. Also, if any of you have built a suit like this before, would you mind posting a picture of the individual pieces, or the stats of each piece, so I can get an idea of what has worked for you? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Plan out your whole suit on paper down to the last resist point. You have to understand the mechanics behind it all perfectly if you want to min/max perfectly.

2) Craft BASE pieces out of NON-special material.. (leather / iron / wood) If you don't already know you get 15 bonus resist to armor from it being exceptional and another 5 bonus points from having GM armslore.. aka +20 randomly distributed resists added to the base resits of your item. If ANY of that bonus resist falls into a resist you will need to imbue also the BONUS resist will be wasted.... Reforget at this point if needed... then imbue.....THEN enhance... use a forged metal artifact if you can. If you don't enhance last your item won't be as powerful bc the special material will count against you when you imbue....

3).... hmmm...find a BETTER clean legendary piece that you simply must use and start it all over again...

** NOTE... imo if your not tinkering with a full paget pc of paper covered in scribbles for at least a week tweaking and brainstorming... then when your all done you will probably only use the suit for a week...

Good luck

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
1) Plan out your whole suit on paper down to the last resist point. You have to understand the mechanics behind it all perfectly if you want to min/max perfectly.

2) Craft BASE pieces out of NON-special material.. (leather / iron / wood) If you don't already know you get 15 bonus resist to armor from it being exceptional and another 5 bonus points from having GM armslore.. aka +20 randomly distributed resists added to the base resits of your item. If ANY of that bonus resist falls into a resist you will need to imbue also the BONUS resist will be wasted.... Reforget at this point if needed... then imbue.....THEN enhance... use a forged metal artifact if you can. If you don't enhance last your item won't be as powerful bc the special material will count against you when you imbue....

3).... hmmm...find a BETTER clean legendary piece that you simply must use and start it all over again...

** NOTE... imo if your not tinkering with a full paget pc of paper covered in scribbles for at least a week tweaking and brainstorming... then when your all done you will probably only use the suit for a week...

Good luck
I hadn't thought of using artifacts as a base, I had assumed this could be crafted from scratch. And indeed, I've been scribbling and using a spreadsheet I made (still a work in progress) to build the suit. I'm at 120 blacksmith/tailoring so I'm working with the max bonuses, using regular leather and trying to figure out what works with enhance options, etc. I've also got some fma charges for further down the line, should I ever get there. :D Generally speaking I feel fairly comfortable with the process, but because this is such an exacting exercise I was wondering if there were any fine-tuning tips of the trade to help with not wasting any points.

One thing I'm still a bit hazy on is re-forged resists. Sometimes the re-forge will roll over in to resist, as you say--do they ever overcap, or are they limited to the base material? If they do overcap, does it ever happen reliably enough to plan for that as a strategy in making this suit?

edit: I just re-forged for 19 poison resist on a studded piece, so I guess that answers my first question. So re-forged offers greater potential than the 20 pts of exceptional+arms lore?

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
70/95/70/70/70 studded in three imbues is easy... and even 70/95/70/70/75 (for an elf) is possible
52*2+65+10+67*3 = 380

In your case you need 15 HPI on your suit so you have room for two res mod only. So you can imbue res instead of reforging HCI on one armor piece or get resist from your jewels.
I would preferred the second way. Since you have 20 DI and 5 HCI on your talisman you can reduce HCI or/and DI on one jewel.

For example, you could have:
1 FC, 3 FCR, 25 DI, 15 DCI, 4 res
1 FC, 3 FCR, 25 DI, 10 HCI, 8 res

Or you can reforge 20 HCI and 5 DCI on your armor and reduce DI:
1 FC, 3 FCR, 25 DI, 15 DCI, 4 res
1 FC, 3 FCR, 16 DI, 15 HCI, 7 res

p.s. I believe You have HCI on armor, talisman and quiver. You have DI on jewels, talisman and weapon.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
52*2+65+10+67*3 = 380
This formula is very helpful. It tells me that all of my pieces will be barbed and that I need not mess around with other enhancing options. That was probably common knowledge but I can be a bit thick-headed sometimes.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Help me out. I'm not understanding the equation.

52*2+65+10+67*3 = 380

380 is the sum of the max resists for a vampire form elf. What is the 65 and 10?

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Took me a moment to decipher as well, but I believe it reads like this:

(2 pieces of exc studded armor enhanced with barbed)+M&S+Des. Quiver+(3 pieces of exc studded armor enhanced with barbed + 15 imbued resist)

or

((16+20+16)*2)+65+10+((16+20+16+15)*3)

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Took me a moment to decipher as well, but I believe it reads like this:

(2 pieces of exc studded armor enhanced with barbed)+M&S+Des. Quiver+(3 pieces of exc studded armor enhanced with barbed + 15 imbued resist)

or

((16+20+16)*2)+65+10+((16+20+16+15)*3)
Got it. Thanks for the breakdown.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you reforge 5 HCI/DCI on a piece, you've used 43 imbuing points. I will imbue a resist first, then enhance for a greater chance of success. I always have more than enough points to imbue max everything else after that. It usually comes out to 483 total imbue points after everything including the additional resist on top of the cap.