• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

5th year metal dye tub WTF

O

olduofan

They should have a male and female version those colors suck what guy would use those !

WHAT A COMPLETE WASTE OF MY VET REWARD

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They've been released for a while now. Did you not know what the colors were prior to getting it?

But since you clearly despise every color, or so you claim to, you can trade/sell it to someone else.

O

olduofan

They've been released for a while now. Did you not know what the colors were prior to getting it?

But since you clearly despise every color, or so you claim to, you can trade/sell it to someone else.

would be nice if they could add some colors to it like the black and red pumpkins and maybe the ingot colors that have other shades added in that r more natural earth tones

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
would be nice if they could add some colors to it like the black and red pumpkins and maybe the ingot colors that have other shades added in that r more natural earth tones
Sorry to say it, but that would have made entirely too much sense. Heaven forbid we should introduce something that makes aesthetics more uniform rather than perpetuate the system of "new and cool" outmodes "proven".

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Heaven forbid we get something someone doesn't like.

Myself I like the new dye tubs, used with the right application they can be quite useful.

I probably have the best dressed BoD holders on the shard :p

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do rather like the idea behind the new tub. I know a lot of people don't like new colours, or bright colours, but I think that adding new options increases the opportunities for player expression.
On the other hand, I would think it would have been better for either the metal tub to use the leather tub hues, or for there to be new leather and cloth tubs with the funky metal tub hues to allow people to dye all their clothes and armours consistently.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do rather like the idea behind the new tub. I know a lot of people don't like new colours, or bright colours, but I think that adding new options increases the opportunities for player expression.
On the other hand, I would think it would have been better for either the metal tub to use the leather tub hues, or for there to be new leather and cloth tubs with the funky metal tub hues to allow people to dye all their clothes and armours consistently.
I am completely in favor of greater customization. You hit the nail right on the head regarding consistency.

Why oh why can we not coordinate colors from varying sources. Its mystifying. I love the crimson color of some of the invasion suits from two or three years back now. I can't make them into anything useful, and I can't replicate the color at all to produce something new that would be, to me, desirable. Very frustrating.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be possible to coordinate between leather and cloth, with one of the bugged tubs in the past. But with them reverted to leather-only, cloth leather and metal all have their own distinct hue selections.
I would even pay real money for a set of dye tubs that can dye all three of the material groups in the leather dye tub colours.

O

olduofan

Heaven forbid we get something someone doesn't like.

Myself I like the new dye tubs, used with the right application they can be quite useful.

I probably have the best dressed BoD holders on the shard :p
IF you notice where I posted this... enough said here :gee:

O

olduofan

It used to be possible to coordinate between leather and cloth, with one of the bugged tubs in the past. But with them reverted to leather-only, cloth leather and metal all have their own distinct hue selections.
I would even pay real money for a set of dye tubs that can dye all three of the material groups in the leather dye tub colours.

Ya anther thing that pissed me off after years of having a bugged leather tub one day its gone WTF

the metal tub should have more secondary hues not just pink and purple how about brown orange black white grey etc. so it appeals to males as well

and also why cant they have just 1 tub that you add new tubs to it so all you need is 1 tub and open a gump to select which tub you wish to use?

i have 8 tubs locked down taking up space seems it would help with extra items in game and less memory in housing as well not that it a major issue but every little bit of stacked items helps and adds up to free space for us and uo

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure I understand it correctly, but I think the metal dye tub was the distant result of the High Seas booster.
The fish were originally supposed to be hued with colours that can be accurately describes as "funky" (the good funky, that is). That didn't pan out, and the devs were left with said funky hues, and nothing to do with them.
So, they used them for the Trick or Treat trick that rehued you for a few seconds. People loved this, and collected the cloth by wearing a load of clothes and recycling them while they were hued, and the devs were probably pleased.
Then, something happened, and they decided that the metal dye tub should use those colours, rather than anything close to the existing tubs.

I would personally prefer that the means of huing were given to the players, via ingredients and recipes. The special tubs could be replaced by fixatives (if that is the word I'm looking for) to make the prepared hue work on the intended material.

O

olduofan

I'm not sure I understand it correctly, but I think the metal dye tub was the distant result of the High Seas booster.
The fish were originally supposed to be hued with colours that can be accurately describes as "funky" (the good funky, that is). That didn't pan out, and the devs were left with said funky hues, and nothing to do with them.
So, they used them for the Trick or Treat trick that rehued you for a few seconds. People loved this, and collected the cloth by wearing a load of clothes and recycling them while they were hued, and the devs were probably pleased.
Then, something happened, and they decided that the metal dye tub should use those colours, rather than anything close to the existing tubs.

I would personally prefer that the means of huing were given to the players, via ingredients and recipes. The special tubs could be replaced by fixatives (if that is the word I'm looking for) to make the prepared hue work on the intended material.

thats a good idea and could allow us to adjust colors so we could match shades and hues in game by adding a little more this less of that so-on etc to get just the right match to all our armor, weapons, books, cloth etc.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thats a good idea and could allow us to adjust colors so we could match shades and hues in game by adding a little more this less of that so-on etc to get just the right match to all our armor, weapons, books, cloth etc.
pigments were supposed to do this, but the framework for color selection is too small. Oh well.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
;)
Yes save on item space maybe something like a scroll biner the every thing dyer!
Awsome idea ! Devs get on it right now !;)