• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

50 to 100 provoke in 8 hours

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm back after a long break and decided to make a Mystic/Bard for group support. Reading through the FAQ I did not notice any mention of an old training method of provoking plague beasts onto each other. I just confirmed that it still works. This has taken me from 50 to 100 in about 8 hours. You can go all the way to 120 using this method. So here's how it works:

- Grab two plague beast from any swamp. The swamps NE of Britain work best for me. There is water close by and you can train from a boat.
- Set a macro to provoke them onto each other. They will not damage each other so you can provoke the same two over and over.
- Once your success rate is greater than 50% provoke other spawn onto the plague beasts. They will eat the spawn and become stronger, making them harder to provoke.
- Repeat as necessary. Gains are very steady and will continue to 120, although I'm not sure how long it takes to go from 100 to 120.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucivius,

Thanks for the tip - I'll have to try it out this week. Currently have provoke worked up to about 75 but gains on gaman are slowing. As soon as I hit 90 I know I can switch to bard masteries to top things off, but getting there has been slooooooow...

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yes it works nice.might want to carry a ring or bracelet with some provocation on it. when you bring spawn on them it can make it where you get the message " you have no chance of provocing those creatures" or somthing like that,,,,when that happens i put on my +13 ring on,and when i get my first .1 gain,i can take off ring and attempt again without it.