• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4th Year Gift

G

<blockquote><hr>

someone on post siad first yr gift the pet statue didnt do anything? well if click it you get fun out of it you can also make it bark or meow.it also gives fun to your pets needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, yes it gives your *pet* fun, but it has never that I have seen given a sim fun, nor have I ever seen one bark or meow in all the time I have been playing and been around them, nor do I ever remember reading claims of such, so no, I'd have to respectfully say that the pet statues were only marginally more original (since they did have the pet shape) and useful (since they provide the pets with fun) than this new statue will be. And I STILL stand behind my statement that we should be grateful to be given anything at all above and beyond TC3/EAL, the retention of old sims, AMNESTY for those who did lose the sims through inactivity but will now get the anniversary items and skill locks, and all the other stuff we've gotten, and I'm flabbergasted that there's been more 'thats IT?!?!' type posts than simple 'thank you' posts even if those are the only two words of the posts, though exactly *why* I'm flabbergasted, I'm not sure.....you'd think nothing could shock from this crowd by now. *sigh*. Seriously guys, they didn't *owe* us anything, the least you could do is refrain from comment if you can't muster up a shred of appreciation for this one thread, ffs.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Seriously guys, they didn't *owe* us anything, the least you could do is refrain from comment if you can't muster up a shred of appreciation for this one thread, ffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

In keeping with a "you are absolutely right" kinda thought, thank you Devs for everything that you've done and will do. It seems that some/all have taken the game for granted. When I heard that anniversary gifts were given out it caught me by surprise. It wasn't something that I would have ever expected.

So again thank you for all!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I am sorely disappointed but not at all surprised. That took them how long to make? yeah...

[/ QUOTE ]

What a waste of time... I doen't even look good..I does however look cheap as heck.

I

imported_MattelMichele

That's it! ROTFLAO!!!

What about 5th year awards??

Maybe the dev's will hear my plea for a gift that will rejuvenate all items in the house, what'cha think? ya-know like all those broken items, that seem to break 27/7.

G

<blockquote><hr>

That's it! ROTFLAO!!!

Maybe the dev's will hear my plea for a gift that will rejuvenate all items in the house, what'cha think? ya-know like all those broken items, that seem to break 27/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe they will hear the more realistic ones like the one above where I said I'd be thrilled if we just don't get the 90 day notice that we could all *still* get. Am I the only one that realizes that we're not totally out of the woods yet? Starving people do not ask for 7 course banquets, or even 3 or 4 dish meals, do they? I'm beginning to wonder if the devs shouldn't go back into hiding, cuz many seem to have forgotten what it was like for 2+ years with NO updates. And here I thought the game had more adults playing than children

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

That's it! ROTFLAO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Recoloured cannons

F

frogger2

ok all 1 more bit about dog statues heres how to get a cat or dog statue to meow or bark...click view it a message comes on saying happy 1rst Anniversary from the sims online team if you a cat statue it will meow....if a dog it will bark. to get fun from a pet statue you worship it or applaud it thats it, granted the fun goes up very slowly almost to a point where its just not worth your time but fun does go up. sorry bout this but I was called out on this earlier and had to put it out lol.

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

someone on post siad first yr gift the pet statue didnt do anything? well if click it you get fun out of it you can also make it bark or meow.it also gives fun to your pets needs.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, yes it gives your *pet* fun, but it has never that I have seen given a sim fun, nor have I ever seen one bark or meow in all the time I have been playing and been around them, nor do I ever remember reading claims of such, so no, I'd have to respectfully say that the pet statues were only marginally more original (since they did have the pet shape) and useful (since they provide the pets with fun) than this new statue will be. And I STILL stand behind my statement that we should be grateful to be given anything at all above and beyond TC3/EAL, the retention of old sims, AMNESTY for those who did lose the sims through inactivity but will now get the anniversary items and skill locks, and all the other stuff we've gotten, and I'm flabbergasted that there's been more 'thats IT?!?!' type posts than simple 'thank you' posts even if those are the only two words of the posts, though exactly *why* I'm flabbergasted, I'm not sure.....you'd think nothing could shock from this crowd by now. *sigh*. Seriously guys, they didn't *owe* us anything, the least you could do is refrain from comment if you can't muster up a shred of appreciation for this one thread, ffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am always thankful, but that won't keep me from offering a suggestion or two if i wanna. And they in turn should be thankful that i have played non-stop since 2002. Ya know.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I kinda get a feeling that Parizad and the team are a bunch of little smarty pants.

I wouldn't put it past them to put that out there just to mess with us all. We are getting Lava Lamps? I can't imagine that the 4th anniversary gift would be that plaque...so I'm guessing they are just yanking our chains.

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

I kinda get a feeling that Parizad and the team are a bunch of little smarty pants.

I wouldn't put it past them to put that out there just to mess with us all. We are getting Lava Lamps? I can't imagine that the 4th anniversary gift would be that plaque...so I'm guessing they are just yanking our chains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha no doubt.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It reminds me of a grave marker! Who died?

[/ QUOTE ]

Creativity, apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. You win the thread.

G

I respect your opinion on the issues. I do think it is great that there is interest in the game again. I have played this game off and on for four years. Off because the game tended to get boring after a while. While I respect that there are alot of people who love the game even if there were no changes, the fact is that most people do not. This game has the potential of becoming the number one MMRPG if the right things are implemented. This will not happen if things are not asked for, or the devs do not get feedback on what changes are liked and what are not. I absolutely do not advocate that this game be axed. In order to keep it going they need to attract new players and in order to do that, major changes are in order, changes that will not come about if some people do not stop groveling over every little crumb handed their way. The devs need real feedback in order to make the changes this game needs. Alot of "yes men" are going to give the devs a false positive on the progress of the game. And before you flame me for this post, i am NOT a negative nancy, i have broken out the pom poms on more than one occassion. I try to see things from both points of view.

G

I have a hard time believing this is what everybody thinks it is, so until Pari posts that it is, indeed, the 4th anniversary gift, I won't.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If that is really the 4th year gift, I'll gladly trade mine for any CC made by Thrill.

G

I'd also like to point out that even if it IS the real gift, it doesn't mean it's done.

ATM machines had zero detail whatsoever, nor were they clickable, when they were first unveiled to the public. If memory serves correct they didn't get fully detailed until AFTER they were buyable items.

But it could also really be the fourth year gift.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

I remember a looong time ago someone suggesting they make a Walker for the 4th year gift, lol...maybe a wheel chair we can sit on? I don't know, but that sure would tell the Newbs that we are seniors in the game.

G

They have told us it is finished. Why would they put a dif one at the store? The cannons they have in colors (5th year gift) shoot cannon balls. Maybe they will squirt water when issued?

G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously guys, they didn't *owe* us anything, the least you could do is refrain from comment if you can't muster up a shred of appreciation for this one thread, ffs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="red"> We can have an opinion FFS. Get your panties out of a wad. </font>

In keeping with a "you are absolutely right" kinda thought, thank you Devs for everything that you've done and will do. It seems that some/all have taken the game for granted. When I heard that anniversary gifts were given out it caught me by surprise. It wasn't something that I would have ever expected.

So again thank you for all!

<font color="blue">We have not received these gifts yet. I saw it at the store and wondered what ppl thought about it.

Just cuz I for one do not like the gift. Does not mean I hate EA or the devs. This is not a personal attack on anyone. </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]IIRC, it also did wonders to room score.

G

You know what you are talking about. Finally an inteligent post.

G

The devs have stated the 4th year gift is finished. Pari has said it does nothing, like the simmy. It is like the simmy but looks dif. If I am lying she will post. I would think. LOL

Anyway, lets pretend. You receive this for your 4th yr gift. It sits on your lot. What do you think of it?

ETA:LOL Guess I was lying. They will add a view button to it.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]IIRC, it also did wonders to room score.

[/ QUOTE ]

I try to work one in somewhere near my major appliances so that my robodog is close at hand when the frig breaks.

But let me speculate a moment on the "4th Annie Marker"......

What if they are going to give us a choice of what we want like maybe a color? You know those cannons come in different colors?

They put the marker in our inventories....we take it out and write down on it what color or item we want....and then the fairy god fairies of Anniversary gifts come and exchange the plaque for the item we want?

Just a big speculation.........hope I'm right....(crosses fingers)

I

imported_SimTripps

People need to look less at these as 'gifts' - as something that we should be forever grateful and full of servile humility for - and rather as a 'reward' or 'award' for our dedication of time and support in the game, and therefore deserve.

Gift horse bah! Yep I'm looking at that gift horse's mouth, and he's got really bad breath rofl...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

People need to look less at these as 'gifts' - as something that we should be forever grateful and full of servile humility for - and rather as a 'reward' or 'award' for our dedication of time and support in the game, and therefore deserve.

Gift horse bah! Yep I'm looking at that gift horse's mouth, and he's got really bad breath rofl...

[/ QUOTE ]

***runs Google search for 'really large breathmints'***

Edited to tell the result of the google......it says..."Stop kissing the horse and you won't need to find really large breathmints.".....giggles

G

<blockquote><hr>

The devs have stated the 4th year gift is finished. Pari has said it does nothing, like the simmy. It is like the simmy but looks dif. If I am lying she will post. I would think. LOL

Anyway, lets pretend. You receive this for your 4th yr gift. It sits on your lot. What do you think of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG it is a recolored territorial marker!! At least a simmy is pretty. A gold simmy would be better that this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The devs need real feedback in order to make the changes this game needs. Alot of "yes men" are going to give the devs a false positive on the progress of the game. And before you flame me for this post, i am NOT a negative nancy, i have broken out the pom poms on more than one occassion. I try to see things from both points of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming if I wasn't genuinely happy I wouldn't say so....but you're wrong, because I would. I just would NOT do it the way I saw being done at the beginning of this thread, by basically throwing the gift back in the devs faces saying 'pffft, that's it???? what a disappointment!' My contention is that it is possible to stay truthful, positive *and* polite all in the same breath. Nobody's asking anybody to paint on fake smiles and sunshine, just to pick your battles based on changes that will actually make or break the game....which the anniversary items in the grand scheme won't matter two spits if the surrounding changes aren't in line. Even if this gift was mind-bogglingly original and universally liked amongst everybody, I daresay it would save the game if that was the only thing holding it up, and I surely hope that's not what you're trying to suggest.

G

Even if this gift was mind-bogglingly original and universally liked amongst everybody, I daresay it would save the game if that was the only thing holding it up, and I surely hope that's not what you're trying to suggest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really not sure what you meant here.

I

imported_SimTripps

<blockquote><hr>

***runs Google search for 'really large breathmints'***

Edited to tell the result of the google......it says..."Stop kissing the horse and you won't need to find really large breathmints.".....giggles

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

I

imported_PMS Janet

HMMM...not too exciting..but after they spoiled us by developing the tree to give us anything else is going to be hard to top it. Guess we will wait to see what we get for our 5th year...waiting in anticipation.

I

imported_SimTripps

Funny thing is... we're encouraged to post game suggestions on the Wiki. Do you see that thing suggested here?

I was seriously hoping for a personal Servo NPC - that would've been awesome!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

Even if this gift was mind-bogglingly original and universally liked amongst everybody, I daresay it would save the game if that was the only thing holding it up, and I surely hope that's not what you're trying to suggest.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am really not sure what you meant here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, she meant that creating an awe inspiring anniversary gift will not save the game.

While it won't save the game, the concept of the anniversary gift was a thank-you for your conintued patronage idea. I can remember as far back as the day we received the Simmy as a thank you for beta testing TSO. It was amazing how many even complained about it, at the time. LOL. Afterall it is just a ball on a stick. You can't even interact with it. Now all of a sudden, everyone screams even a simmy would be better than this! I just die laughing.

You get what you get people. It's just a freakin cartoon image of a virtual object and really holds no real value in the grand scheme of things.

D

DGLita

A servo that cleans gardens and repairs, now THAT would be an awesome anniversary gift

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

A servo that cleans gardens and repairs, now THAT would be an awesome anniversary gift

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather see sims earn skill points that would give them the magic power to click "Household Chores" so that we could do this ourselves. Everything done in one quick click of a button. Ooooh. An Easy Button!

I've never liked NPCs. They are just plain creepy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather see sims earn skill points that would give them the magic power to click "Household Chores" so that we could do this ourselves. Everything done in one quick click of a button. Ooooh. An Easy Button!

I've never liked NPCs. They are just plain creepy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maid mode????

I like it.

I

imported_Shirl1211

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming if I wasn't genuinely happy I wouldn't say so....but you're wrong, because I would. I just would NOT do it the way I saw being done at the beginning of this thread, by basically throwing the gift back in the devs faces saying 'pffft, that's it???? what a disappointment!' My contention is that it is possible to stay truthful, positive *and* polite all in the same breath. Nobody's asking anybody to paint on fake smiles and sunshine, just to pick your battles based on changes that will actually make or break the game....which the anniversary items in the grand scheme won't matter two spits if the surrounding changes aren't in line. Even if this gift was mind-bogglingly original and universally liked amongst everybody, I daresay it would save the game if that was the only thing holding it up, and I surely hope that's not what you're trying to suggest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truth, positive and polite? Have you turned over a new leaf. After recieving the campfires and mystic trees I took a look at that gift and just said OMG. It's not even pleasing to look at. The ATM machines look better. I i'll never go near one. So I will say it now, i'm extremely disapointed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

HMMM...not too exciting..but after they spoiled us by developing the tree to give us anything else is going to be hard to top it. Guess we will wait to see what we get for our 5th year...waiting in anticipation.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's basically the nail on the head right there.....basically the mystic tree the 'best' as far as 'most useful' and even it had it's basic flaw because the skill point was randomized rather than selectable....but that, along with how 'spoiled' we became over the last year or so with the exploit money and 10k payout per case of jams, and this is where we've ended up....*anything* would be like going from driving a Lexus to a Toyota to those who took advantage of the high payouts and the 'high life'. Nothing wrong with the Toyota at all but after driving a Lexus for a year people would have adjustment issues with that too until they got used to it again, or used to it for the first time if they don't remember the predating of the exploit, and even further back than that to the original beta where nobody had anything and every morrocan bed was celebrated over one-by-one (and no, not *that* kind of celebrating
). Kinda like alot of kids today can't get through math without a calculator, when all even my generation had (and I'm not *that* old LOL) was our fingers and toes to count on, and good old pen and paper.....hubby is a little older than me and says he can remember when plain ordinary calculators that now cost $5 used to cost $400, literally, so that proves even RL is all about perspectives and what you're accustomed to. It'd be interesting to be able to do some kind of anonymous chronological poll, and see how RL ages matched up with how difficult people are finding it to get 'back to the basics' in TSO. I'm willing to bet somehow there'd be a pattern or correlation, and maybe if there is then it's unrealistic to expect some people to adjust as well as others. *sigh*. I dunno....I just hate sometimes how the overwhelming 'ick' factor here on the boards seems to affect my own attitude, and I know from talking to friends that it affects theirs as well, and I wish it wasn't that way.....my perception of how the community *should* be is to build each other up and support each other, ya know?

/rambling post
I wish there was some easy answer....that one of the potions off a logic potion object would *POOF* and serve as sim Xanax to help calm the waters, though I know it would never make things moonlight and roses, cuz it never has been THAT around here....even before the recession of late when the simoleans were free flowing from every crack in the game.

G

Its a gift, I'm cool with that and I'll display mine on my lot along with all my other gifts. Be cool if it does something but if not oh well. As far as I'm concerned the game still being alive and becoming a whole new game is enough gift for me. Besides that we are getting a really cool lava lamp and I will be happy to have more cannons finally.

The trees were the best gift ever and it not only cant be topped it wont be. Its much to powerful an item. I've heard the devs says they wish it had never been made. I expect we will never get another power item for a gift.

R

Roger Wilco

I don't "hate" it, it's just that it comes off as being a bit lazy to quickly reskin an existing object and hand it out to solve one of the missing gift problems. I look at it and I get the feeling that they didn't regard it as being important enough for them to put forth much effort on. I get the impression that they looked at the development of this gift as nothing more than just another problem to solve as quickly as possible in order to shut everyone up.

And it shows.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

TTL

I would expect anniversary gifts from this point onwards to involve interactions and/or benefits. Why give us a statue when anyone who creates custom content can create pseudo-"anniversary" statues? Sure, a gift is a gift, and I honestly could care less anyways because I lost interest in the game awhile ago, but I think it's disrespectful to the dedicated players who have kept this game afloat to dish out re-hashed objects or simplistic statues that clearly didn't take much effort to create. If their time is spent on other things nowadays, then don't give out a gift at all yet. Hell, TSO waited 2-3 years for that gift, I'm sure a few more months won't hurt.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sure, a gift is a gift, and I honestly could care less anyways because I lost interest in the game awhile ago, but I think it's disrespectful to the dedicated players who have kept this game afloat to dish out re-hashed objects or simplistic statues that clearly didn't take much effort to create.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see where you are coming from, to a point, except that *we* really didn't keep this game afloat for the last 8 months or so, at least, from all the talk that we've been told. The game has been operating at a loss for that amount of time *at least* so that's one of the reasons it seems direspectful from my point of view, even if it WAS a cheesy gift, which I don't think it is really....to stomp on it. We're way beyond being able to take anything for granted, IMO, including whether or not the game will still be around in less than a month.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I get the impression that they looked at the development of this gift as nothing more than just another problem to solve as quickly as possible in order to shut everyone up.

[/ QUOTE ]

In light of all they've had to squeeze into 8 months, along with dealing with the problems that stemmed from cramming everything into that amount of time, it's quite likely you are correct......I guess the difference is I don't view that as being 100% their fault. They can only deal with the tools they are given, and the timeframe with which to do whatever they can. Even under the best of circumstances, a certain section of our playerbase have always been 'hard sells'....surely you can concede that point at least. Maybe I'm over empathizing, but I'd imagine for them it's kinda a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of thing. If they'd said 'We're going to put off the gift until we can do things 'right', no matter how long that means', then people would have complained about that too, stating they've 'waited long enough, just get *something* out there already.....' but now that they've done that, the other half is crucifying them for being what they perceive to be half-assed. Can nobody see the lose-lose scenario that has been set up here, and not by the devs, and not TOTALLY by the players either? The devs didn't set the time crunch, their bosses did, so why make them pay for something that they only have a marginal more amount of control over than we do?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I describe it as a territorial marker. I had the same thought when I saw it. There were no interactions when you click on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because its not done yet! Which is why it hasn't been released yet! You'll be able to click it and view that pic close up when it is done.

PS. Ohhhh you're sneaky for ninjaing in last night.

G

<blockquote><hr>

you know whats funny, not a single dev will reply to this and explain anything lol. If they do, big kudos for coming out and explaning themselves on this pointless object.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn... now I wish I had scrolled down more before replying. Ah well. Next time.

I

imported_rpsky3

LOL thanks Parizad. I kinda knew you all had something up your little sleeves!

S

supmar

Now why would i see this butt ugly thing upclose i am wondering????

B

Bindy

From what Ive seen here and read I think its a great dissapointment and very sad but not a surprise.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

True enough, but really, TSO's playerbase is just about one of the most dedicated groups I've seen throughout my MMO journey. With how the game was abandoned, I'm surprised that so many players still stuck around. They even payed during RE-beta-testing, and still are. I think what the development team has done is wonderful, but truly, the applause is for the players IMO.