• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4th Year Gift Ready!

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Lee's post on TSO-e. <blockquote><hr>

Gift Box and 4th year gift: This is ready and Parizad will be announcing when they will be handed out in a separate post.

[/ QUOTE ] Well this is kinda exciting!

K

Keep It Real

Not seen a post telling when it will be handed out have you?

M

Meggers

------------------------------------------------

Me either.

G

My guess is they are waiting to see how the latest release performed before making plans for the anniversary gift.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That quote was from the update today for TC3. Like Milton said, I'm sure they need to make sure all the things on the current update work before issuing out the gift.

The fact that it is done and ready to go is exciting!!! I can't wait to see all those that get one!!

M

Monkeybear

The 4th gift was meant to be uploaded [to the EA store catalogue for testing] Yesterday but something happened and it never was brought into game.

K

Keep It Real

Yes Ronin I know that was from todays blog entry, I posted there. I was asking if any word had been released about the delivery. But thanks for pointing it out again.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Gift box? Hmm....wonder what's in that?

Milton.....could you use your staple remover and take a peek for us?

**Sure hope it coincides with the opening of EAland. Would be nice to replace a few of those slots that were moved to TC3. In fact, I have only 1 'production city' sim on one of my 'old' accounts since those sims are in TC3 now, so I'll be short on my anniversary gifts.

N

NightFlyer

... "Sure hope it coincides with the opening of EAland. Would be nice to replace a few of those slots that were moved to TC3. In fact, I have only 1 'production city' sim on one of my 'old' accounts since those sims are in TC3 now, so I'll be short on my anniversary gifts."

I'm with you on that.

I hope they allow us to make a sim in our [old production city] slots used for TC3 creation to recieve our 4th and 5th year Achievement awards. Otherwise many of us who created in TC3 to get the place started will be screwed for our efforts.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

... "Sure hope it coincides with the opening of EAland. Would be nice to replace a few of those slots that were moved to TC3. In fact, I have only 1 'production city' sim on one of my 'old' accounts since those sims are in TC3 now, so I'll be short on my anniversary gifts."

I'm with you on that.

I hope they allow us to make a sim in our [old production city] slots used for TC3 creation to recieve our 4th and 5th year Achievement awards. Otherwise many of us who created in TC3 to get the place started will be screwed for our efforts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not understand how you would get screwed. I "think" gifts go by entitlement days now so you would get them in any case. Now that gifts will be handed out in TC3, what is preventing the other gifts from being delivered to those that are owed gifts there?

N

NightFlyer

By not having the open slot(s) in the production cities when the gifts are handed out.

G

Example:

On one Account:

1 sim in AV
4 sims in TC3

When you're in TSO you do not see 2 empty slots for production cities, you see your TC3 sims. Therefore you are unable to create new sims in the production cities and technically have 2 "wasted" slots, or inaccessible empty slots that can't be used to create in the production cities.

Each TC3 sim takes 7 days to delete ...

Polly

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

By not having the open slot(s) in the production cities when the gifts are handed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, gotcha, didn't think about that. Yes I have some accounts with only 2 production city sims and 6 TC3 sims. Good catch!

N

NightFlyer

Thank you, Polly, for explaining that for those who don't understand.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Example:

On one Account:

1 sim in AV
4 sims in TC3

When you're in TSO you do not see 2 empty slots for production cities, you see your TC3 sims. Therefore you are unable to create new sims in the production cities and technically have 2 "wasted" slots, or inaccessible empty slots that can't be used to create in the production cities.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

How can that be fixed or justified? I'd hate to see delivery put off any longer to correct for this.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Example:

On one Account:

1 sim in AV
4 sims in TC3

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

How can that be fixed or justified? I'd hate to see delivery put off any longer to correct for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, EAland should be open soon from the sound of it and we have been told that we probably will be able to use our spare slot on EAland. I don't know about anyone else in my position, but I do plan on making that spare in EAland when it opens especially since they are going to be closing sim creation in the production cities in the next few weeks. So it would make sense to distribute at that time.

I wonder also if the 'amnesty' is still in the works?

Should be interesting to see what their timetable is on some of these things.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Example:

On one Account:

1 sim in AV
4 sims in TC3

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, EAland should be open soon from the sound of it and we have been told that we probably will be able to use our spare slot on EAland. I don't know about anyone else in my position, but I do plan on making that spare in EAland when it opens especially since they are going to be closing sim creation in the production cities in the next few weeks. So it would make sense to distribute at that time.

I wonder also if the 'amnesty' is still in the works?

Should be interesting to see what their timetable is on some of these things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I see your point here Dutch. I wonder if the slot will be there the day EA Land opens or if it will be another issue like the TC3 thing. I hate reruns.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Yep, I don't much care for reruns either.

I don't really wish to sacrifice another old sim either. So I'll cross my fingers they'll have that slot ready to go for us.

G

It shouldn't be an issue. They have said TC3 and EALand will be on different clients so there will be no patching necessary. So that should eliminate any possibility of a rerun.

I

imported_SimTripps

Great news! Will the 4th year gift be for production cities AND TC?

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

It shouldn't be an issue. They have said TC3 and EALand will be on different clients so there will be no patching necessary. So that should eliminate any possibility of a rerun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. It took months for people to get to TC3 if they didn't delete a old sim to go to TC3. Remember we were suppose to get a button so all could play there. It took a long time before it was made so EVERYONE could get there without deleting a sim. Hope that makes it easier to understand the point I was referrring to about a rerun. I'd like to see the slot be there the day EA Land opens not months down the road.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. It took months for people to get to TC3 if they didn't delete a old sim to go to TC3. Remember we were suppose to get a button so all could play there. It took a long time before it was made so EVERYONE could get there without deleting a sim. Hope that makes it easier to understand the point I was referrring to about a rerun. I'd like to see the slot be there the day EA Land opens not months down the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't around for the button to TC3. My understanding of the two clients should work as such: You have 1 icon for TC3 that is its own entity completely separate of EALand. Same for EALand, 1 icon for it that is totally separate from TC3. Essentially, it would be two different games, not linked in any way. Kinda like 2 different servers. So there is no patching involved and all information for the database is kept separate.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't around for the button to TC3. My understanding of the two clients should work as such: You have 1 icon for TC3 that is its own entity completely separate of EALand. Same for EALand, 1 icon for it that is totally separate from TC3. Essentially, it would be two different games, not linked in any way. Kinda like 2 different servers. So there is no patching involved and all information for the database is kept separate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. you missed the point. We are suppose to be getting another sim slot for EA Land. That is what I am referring to. I would like to see the sim slot already availible the day EA Land opens, not later down the road. There is another thread here someplace about slots and how many of each there are. You might want to look that up so you don't miss out on the extra EA Land slot.

G

I know about the extra slot. I'm just saying having TC3 sims in the way shouldn't be a problem simply because they will be on their own client server. Which for those that had 2 production city sims, this will free up one slot. As far as the extra slot that you are referring too, I don't this current dev team will make the same mistake twice.

K

Keep It Real

LMAO, you missed the point, but thats ok, I'm not here to school ya. Those who know what I am referring to understand the slots thing completely. Maybe you should talk to Gracie, she may want to explain it to you.

N

NightFlyer

I have to wonder if you have ever recieved any of the yearly gifts/achievement awards?

If you had you would know you must have all slots filled (all sims created) at the time of distribution or you miss out on getting them on what would have been that sim (slot). They are not added later as you create sims on empty slots.

G

Let me put your wonders to rest. KIR thanks for the poke but I fully understand what I am talking about. You on the other hand do not. Seeing as how Parizad said this:

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, so here's the skinny:

Let us think of yesterday's update as a 7 freakin' hour long dress rehearsal.A lot of the stuff we wanted to get in there (<u>such as 4th year anniversary</u>) did not make it, and the ATMs were bugged.

So today, we're going to try again. I will update the title of this thread when I know what time we'll take the server down. Downtime won't be nearly as long as yesterday. At most, it will be 90 mins.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the 4th years should be there today.

M

Monkeybear

The 4th year gift is a plaque but it's like a statue so it dosnt go on the wall.

N

NightFlyer

It's not was in reference to the post above saying the 4th would be in TC3 today.

I repeat, It's not.

N

NightFlyer

I'll be the first to say it...

wow a plaque...

and only 13 months late. They put some work into that one!

K

Keep It Real

LMAO...I knew that was coming. I wouldn't put too much faith into Pub gossip, no matter who it comes from.

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no clue whats going on? Parizad told me something about a community store but wont tell me what it is. Im just so confused.

I

imported_herk1287

The 4th year gift is.... a Multicolored cannon (I mean like the pet statues u can get random colors) its not a tree, cannons arent that great

G

Yeah, I thought I heard talks of funky colored cannons. . .I don't know when this whole plaque thing came about. . .

N

NightFlyer

No, that's the 5th year gift. Per Parizad.

The plaque is the 4th year ... the colored cannons are the 5th year. Random colors.

I

imported_Spacey

A plaque? At first, I thought I read plague. Now THAT would be interesting.

I hope this plaque does something fun! I would hate it to be another space filler like the pet statue. Why colored cannons when there are cannons already? What will become of the plain ones? Will the colored ones be more special? Hrmm.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I don't think Ronin missed the point at all. I think you are trying to turn this thread into your very own....'Poke Ronin' thread.

The point is.....we are missing sims in the production city because of tc3. Meaning we will also miss out on Anniversary Gifts. Personally, I have an account due campfires this week and I will only receive 1 because my other 2 are in tc3.

Now Ronin said that Parizad had mentioned that TC3 and EAland would have different icons meaning the EALand slots and TC3 slots would be separate, meaning we would finally have access to that missing 'production' city slot.

I totally get it. Thanks for reminding me of the convo at the pub Ronin. I had forgotten it.

K

Keep It Real

I hope the gift is given out asap. Why wait til EA Land opens. If you miss out on a gift because of a production city slot being used for TC3 then oh well.

S

Synfully Sweet

i havent received 1st 2nd 3rd year lol not holding my breath on fourth year... and i am not playing with that account at the moment anyway.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I hope the gift is given out asap. Why wait til EA Land opens. If you miss out on a gift because of a production city slot being used for TC3 then oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess since my 5+ year tenure with TSO is neither respected, appreciated and obviouly unwanted by a few people....

Maybe I should just not worry about the anniversary gift at all and just move along to a game where other players would truly would appreciate my time and effort? ALL of my old friends are gone from TSO anyway, if not for the very few new good friends, there'd be nothing at TSO for me at all. Then again I have to wonder if there are 'enough' decent people left in the game to warrant staying in it.

And as for my stuff, don't ask? It would all get deleted.

We should ask the devs to make it like "king of the hill". They could just make 1 great big gift and what ever subscriber is left at the very end would get it?

G

We should ask the devs to make it like "king of the hill". They could just make 1 great big gift and what ever subscriber is left at the very end would get it?

[/ QUOTE ] king of the hill...that's a pretty funny thought LOL...or Survivor maybe?