• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 x 120 Bard; What is Best to Complete Them?

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Sosarians,

I was asked recently, by a Bard of Legendary Achievement in all four disciplines of music and songs, how best might they complete their training. They walk almost exclusively beneath the Sun of Sosaria and Moon of Trammel.

While I shared my counsel with them, I seek the Wisdom of this Conservatory???

What Say Ye?

An SoS

5% Luck

Area spells and summons are a great complement to any bard. Summons are nice to keep the argo off you while you get the "dance" going and area spells for while its in full swing!

The necromancer isnt a bad choice. Animates tend to be a little aimless but wither is very effective!

Another choice would be the spell weaver. The summons arnt that great on their own but dryad allure can be alot of fun! Couple that with the largest area effect spell in game and you have some good strategies to pick through.

The most common is the magery route. The summons are plentiful and the area spells are very good. Add that with the ability to invis one self and you can walk anywhere in the game without fear!

If you chose a warriors path I would suggest taking on the whirlwind weapons. These can be great in the center of a good brawl you've got going.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
mage or vollems.

mage is the cheap way to go.
summon EVs and earth ele's.

if you have the vollems already for the SA expansion, or you dont mind dropping 3 mill per to get 2, they are the cream of the crop for bards.

they are basically the same as nightmares but you dont need the taming or animal lore to control them.
and they bond instantly to you.

but i realise that not everyone can drop the gold to get these.
so EVs and earth ele's is probably the way to go.

or, if you wanna be new and fresh, instead of magic, try myst.
use the Rising Colossus.
they are brutes to begin with and do hella damage when you disco the baddy, drop one of those down, then hit up the provo mastery to get the DI and HCI boost.