• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 Toon CFO

S

Steveo

A few of my friends and I done a 4 toon CFO. It was Elga, Sgt Squeaker, Precious, and Steveo. We went in and I thought we had 2 craners but ended up only being myself. SO lets just say that made it very interesting. Cog round went good, except for a few gags I got on sale. I think my googles missed like twice and big magnet a few times also. Lets just say I will not go back and see this Gag store clerk. But overall it was good. We get into the crane round and I blocked one side so that way we can concentrate just on one side. That went okay til I found out that all of the safes were on the other side of the room. Everything is going good til the big Red ones come out that take off 30 each. I could not get a good fast enough before he would either throw gears or make a safe his helmet. Then I heard Elga go sad. I was like OH NO. a Min later Precious goes sad. So we turn a decent long CFO into a nightmare. Finally I got a Red goon and hit him and that was it. Sgt and I survived only to find out we got a Gag up Throw. All of that for a gag up throw. Thanks for the fun time guys. I will have to say it really prepares me for my solo now. I need a lot more TU unites thats for sure. LOL!! Also I think when he turns red you only have like 30 seconds to hit him with a goon until he gets a safe on his head that was the challenge.

F

Flippers

Welcome back to Toontown, Steveo

The other aqua meat went on a 4-man run when he was SC2 at 72 laff. I found it easier to do a run with 4 good toons than a full load of randoms. Everybody had decent gags and it was just fine with 2 craners and 2 stompers.

You had Elga on your load, who is one of the best stompers I've ever seen. That's a plus in any game ;)

wtg all!

G

Granjell

Nice of them all to refrain from craning and even go sad to prepare you for a solo run. Stratics Friends Rock!

S

Squeaker

That was fun as I had never tried it before. I will always try anything once... Anyway, I did try to crane a few times during the battle. I did well earlier in the day but just couldn't at that time. Stressing a little too much... Maybe a craner in IM could teach me consistency and not luck? So sorry you two went sad - I only had small unites and threw one but it didn't help much.

And Steve... awesome craning! and running around! never seen you move quite so fast lol... I learned quite a bit by that battle and hope to incorporate it into my regular play.

To say it one more time - all have you have taught me so much, whether you're trying to or not. The saying still holds even as adults.. you learn by the example of others! :bowdown:

S

Sally Bumblefoot

That was totally fun!! Steve REALLY did some talking to convince me to try it. I had never done this before either. I was very confused because I thought we were going in with 2 stompers and 2 craners and I didnt realize what was going on when only one was craning. I thought about getting on a crane but thought maybe you guys decided for some reason to only have one craner!! I also didnt want to steal someones crane. I will know better next time....never even thought about lag being a factor. I know there are times when I lag so bad the goon or safe just sticks to the magnet and wont release!! It probably would have turned out differently if I had gotten on the crane, so sorry Elga!! Don't tell Deb, but that was so much fun I might be convinced to try it again sometime!!! Not that it was a big deal or anything but I apologize for not joining the fight on the other side right away when Squeaker and I finished. Deb had gotten on and I was telling her what I was doing and TOTALLY forgetting about the fact that you guys were by yourselves!! I was just a little excited to tell her where I was!! She has been talking about getting me to do this and duo VP for a while without success!! Maybe she didn't offer the right price, huh Steve?

You should have seen Steve!! Very impressive. He was everywhere!! I really didnt know what I was doing so I tried to stay near him to protect him craning but he was moving around so much!!!! Great job on the crane!! I was having a problem jumping on those big red ones. A lot of the time it took me 3 tries to jump high enough. It was fun!!!!

AND Steve......I believe you promised me a few DAs as a reward for trying!!! I WILL be holding you to it!!

S

Steveo

AND Steve......I believe you promised me a few DAs as a reward for trying!!! I WILL be holding you to it!!

:wall::coco: Did I say that? Just Kidding I did promise you a few DAs and I will keep my word. Thats the price I paid Deb for Susan to go. LOL!!! I thought I had great stompers. It was not my intentions to be the only one craning, not this time. LOL!! It was a Blast I have to say. Its not like we are going in with 8 great toons and pretty much know you will win. Love these challenges. Stay Tuned for Steveos SOLO CFO. Will be Realesed in 2010. LOL! In search of a better GAG Dealer.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone, I think it was Susan, mentioned that Clerk Clara's gags are generally more reliable. Also, there is rarely a line in the TTC gag shop. :D

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was fun Steve! You are a maniac for sure, but I think you'll be able to do it with what you showed last night! Yeah we are convinced the black market ghetto gags found in Donald's Dock are cheap imitations. Buyer beware, ghetto gags are bad! I didn't mind dieing though, I wanted to see how you were going to manage to pull this off. Knock on wood I went and solo'd a 5 story boss building in Brrgh and didn't get knocked one laff point, go figure!

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

I usually buy all my gags from Clerk Clara. I thought 2, 3 , and 4 toon CFOs were great practice for a solo. However, when it came time for my solo attempt, I was drastically mistaken. Good luck on yours.

On saturday, I attempted to Solo the CFO with my 80 laff uber. The first 4 opening lures i used, missed (I bought my gags from clerk penny.) Throughout the course of the cog battle, I used 18 TU unites, 4 gag up alls, and 2 gag up lures. (of course since I was on a cash uber, I had no SOS cards)

Short load CFOs are a blast, Sally, you sure youve never done one with me? I guess its time then!!!

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Short load CFOs are a blast, Sally, you sure youve never done one with me? I guess its time then!!!
LOL.....when we used to CFO we had MANY 6 man and a few 5 man, but never a 4. And really, you count as at least 2 craners so it doesnt really count!! Last night really gave me a hankering to try it again. It may be one of those things where once I win, that will be enough!! So Deb, you best be one of the 4!!! I needed a nap after it. Then of course, instead of napping, Steve convinces me to bring Bella into a short load VP to get her Hollys. She is VERY weak and I was sure I was gonna die but we did fine. Wasn't sure what Steve was gonna suggest next (a duo Cj springs to mind)!! I tell ya, I'm a wimp!! Any time you want Kurt, I'm willing to try!

Ever since I heard you say Clerk Clara for gags, I TRY to get them there...sometimes I'm in a hurry.....and I really have noticed a difference. Esp on my little toons. On my big toons I dont care so much but I almost always get them there for Bella and the other babies.

You also never said if you were successful on Sat with your solo CFO!!

S

Steveo

Wasn't sure what Steve was gonna suggest next (a duo Cj springs to mind)!! I tell ya, I'm a wimp!! Any time you want Kurt, I'm willing to try!
I was thinking about it but I was like nah another day. LOL!! This is what I was thinking in order of soloing. Vp was going to be my first becuase I know the pie round will be cake for me. Next I will attempt the CFO. The crane round will be the hardest for me still thinking of a strategy. I have one but it might not work if I am not quick enough to get the goons before he puts the safe on his head. I think the CJ will be the last one I do. I believe that the CEO will be the next one I attempt and then CJ. So stay tuned to see what crazy ideas I have. LOL

T

toontownhappy

that will be enough!! So Deb, you best be one of the 4!!!
Say what? :eek:
Lol I currently need 8900 bucks, so let me know about a week in advance
...or at the rate I'm going, a month...
Congrats, all, on the attempt!
And lol Steveo, that's like when my 4-toon group got gagup TU...maybe it's the luck of the competent!

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

You also never said if you were successful on Sat with your solo CFO!!
Like I said.. it was merely an attempt. I choked. I was too wore out after an hour and half of battling cogs and had too pee real bad. I had a strategy going into the battle, but dont know what happened to it. Things just happened so fast.

I guess thats what happens when you try to solo an 80 laffer ehh?

Attachments

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh what a terrible picture :( But I applaud you for trying. I haven't had the nerve to even try yet.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now THAT is crazy, even for trying! That takes some skill, luck, and like you said, a LOT of unites. These different methods from the norm are cool though, especially when one completes the mission. :scholar:

Z

ZippyW

One of my favorite TT You Tubes is of a 1-toon CFO. The toon even has time to do a LOL or two! Basically, the toon would use one crane, throw one or two goons, then get off, stomp a few goons, get a few laff points back, run to the closest crane, and start the process again. He/she seemed to use the crane only once so that the boss wasn't looking that direction. It's really interesting to watch. If anyone wants to watch that one, go to www. you tube . com and enter "Doc Mac's Solo CFO"

S

soupandquackers

Trying it with a 80-laffer is insane, i would try it with more cushion next time.

S

Sir Bumblenoodle

Trying it with a 80-laffer is insane, i would try it with more cushion next time.
Know of anyone else that solod the CFO with an uber? I was trying for a first. My 129 laffer could have handled it with no problem. The challenge was in the 80 laffer. For that that don't know me, Im an insane person.