• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4/6 chiv dexxer

Silent as Grave

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
120 fencing
120 tactics
120 parry
120 magic resist
120 meditation
120 chivalary

does this template works for pvp?i ment holy light spam works?or is there a tactic for doing dmg since dont got anatomy?thx

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Divine fury, Consecrate weapon, and Enemy of one all work in PvP to add more damage

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the process of building a 4/6 chiv garg for PvP. I happen to have a older imbued Dijini ring with HCI that I plan on using but I can only imagine what this guy is going to do, oh my.

120 Throwing
90 Healing
90 Anat
90 Tactics
90 Ninja
120 Resist
120 Chiv

We shall see but my other gargs destroy, this guy should be all that plus some.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the process of building a 4/6 chiv garg for PvP. I happen to have a older imbued Dijini ring with HCI that I plan on using but I can only imagine what this guy is going to do, oh my.

120 Throwing
90 Healing
90 Anat
90 Tactics
90 Ninja
120 Resist
120 Chiv

We shall see but my other gargs destroy, this guy should be all that plus some.
Religious Zealtory (Chiv.), Assassin skills (Ninj.), and the quintessential gargoyle combat skill (Throwing).

Got me thinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins

Queen Zhah's special elite corp?

-Galen's player

Silent as Grave

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
120 fencing
120 tactics
120 parry
120 magic resist
120 meditation
120 chivalary

does this template works for pvp?i ment holy light spam works?or is there a tactic for doing dmg since dont got anatomy?thx
well this template can survive but too low dmg.i think i must change it.
but dont know what to do.
but 4/6 chiv dexxer cant do enough dmg to kill anyone in pvp as i experienced.any advice on template?i want to keep resisting spells.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont play dexers but from what i've seen in the past... 4/6 Holy light spam infectious strike spamming dexers seem to be tough.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well this template can survive but too low dmg.i think i must change it.
but dont know what to do.
but 4/6 chiv dexxer cant do enough dmg to kill anyone in pvp as i experienced.any advice on template?i want to keep resisting spells.
That basic template has just above the minimum dexer damage. That means that you are getting your chiv bonuses applied to this lower base damage.

You may consider going overcap DCI, and dropping parry for anatomy. That would get you 20-30% more on your base damage before the chiv abilities are factored.

Silent as Grave

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
That basic template has just above the minimum dexer damage. That means that you are getting your chiv bonuses applied to this lower base damage.

You may consider going overcap DCI, and dropping parry for anatomy. That would get you 20-30% more on your base damage before the chiv abilities are factored.
i used soulstone and replaced parry with anatomy.i am doing 18 dmg.
now template is 120 fencing
120 magic resist
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 med
120 chiv
some people told me change chiv with ninja or bushido and get healing.but i dont know.
i want to play 4/6 chiv dexxer.but the damage is still low.advices pls :D

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's your weapon of choice and strength and DI from suit/weapons
Your Max base damage is roughly 4x your base weapon damage.
So a Kryss (10-12) will have you hitting at max 40-48
A warfork (12-13) would be 48-52
A Leafblade )13-15) would be 52-60
To get Max base damage you'd need 120 Tactics/120 Anatomy/150 Strength/100 DI from items
@ Max damage hitting a 70's resist target you'd be hitting for
12-14 with a kryss
14-15 with a war fork
15-18 with leaf blade

@ Max Damage and EOO You'd be hitting for
Base -weapon -vs 70 resist
52-62 w Kryss, 15-18
62-67 with the War fork, 18-20
, 67 -78 with leafblade, 20-23

MaX Damage with Consecrate weapon you'd be hitting for
Base - Weapon vs 70 resist
46-55 with kryss , 13-16
55-59 with warfork,16-17
59-69 with leafblade 17-20

@ Max Damage with concecrate and Eoo
Base -Weapon- vs 70Resist
59 -69- Kryss, 17-20
69-75 - Warfork,20-22
75-87 - Leafblade, 22-26

Bearing in mind that in the melee weapons, the order of damage is Maces/Swords/Fencing and in the order of speed its Fencing/Swords/Macing
So using fencing weapons if you want to hit as hard as possible is not the best choice. If you are going for sheer damage/hit then switching to something like an ornate axe would give you better numbers.(Base 18-20 , max 72-80, Eoo/CW 102-116 and vs 70 resist 30-34)

If you want to stick with fencing weapons you won't be hitting those really large damage numbers. Ninjitsu/poisoning/bushido basically provide abilities which can suplement your damage. Lightning strike can crit, and bumps your hit chance s you are hitting more often. Death Strike the bonus damage applied is independent of what weapon you are using, and poisoning in addition to damage over time not related to what weapon you are using, also prevents healing.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you run with a group of mystics who can purge protection you will be valuable as a pest to interrupt opponent casters.

Silent as Grave

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i used soulstone and replaced parry with anatomy.i am doing 18 dmg.
now template is 120 fencing
120 magic resist
120 tactics
120 anatomy
120 med
120 chiv
some people told me change chiv with ninja or bushido and get healing.but i dont know.
i want to play 4/6 chiv dexxer.but the damage is still low.advices pls :D
if i replace chiv with ninja how much dmg i can do with death strike without hiding and stealth with best di and weapon?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno what the new formula is , You'd have to go to TC and give it a shot.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does SDI on jewels have any effect on hit spell from a weapon, is it be possible to gain an extra 1 or two points of damage from hit lighting or one from fireball?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think hit spells factor at 80 Eval Int as damage and don't factor SDI. (I never looked at the code, but I think I remember reading it somewhere)

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember trying to test this fairly recent, it did not appear that you could modify hit spells past their typical dmg range *in pvp*. I tried spell damage, different values of int, and Eval int skill.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you run with a group of mystics who can purge protection you will be valuable as a pest to interrupt opponent casters.
unless the person you are purging so he can hit has parry and 70 dci, I mean I guess everyone loses eventually but just saying.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is a bummer. I had found what I hoped was the near perfect brac for my new PvP garg:
20 HCI
18 SDI
1 FC
5 SSI
25 DI

This would have worked very well with the rest of my stuff I am planning on useing and would have capped my HCI....bummer.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is a bummer. I had found what I hoped was the near perfect brac for my new PvP garg:
20 HCI
18 SDI
1 FC
5 SSI
25 DI

This would have worked very well with the rest of my stuff I am planning on useing and would have capped my HCI....bummer.
That is indeed a nice hybrid ring, I always have a great deal of respect for people that use creative/hybrid templates. The whole reason I remember testing the hit spell damage question was my naive hope that a small advantage to being a mage/dexxer might be a little extra punch on my hit spells. I have yet to persuade myself it is worth the "sacrifice" of being a hybrid, maybe someday in the future I will be tempted again.

Last edited:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My problem with 4/6 dexxers has always been the way to reach FC4 when you don't carry a shield. The only ways I know to do it are with an Orny, Venom, or Djinni's Ring. IMO, none of those are great options for a dexxer. Orny is probably the best option, but there is an unneeded mod for LRC and no HCI, DCI, DEX, STR, SSI, or DI which would help the build overall.

Last edited:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of hybrids. One thing that was considered during development was mystic throwers, like the tank archer mage.
The Mystic Arc damage on the boomerang scales upwards pretty high with mysticism.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was planning on rocking a 4/6 garg chiv thrower and using the overweighted HCI that one can get on the weapon as a "crutch" for the build. I have a 2/3 ring that I imbued years back with 9 HCI. That plus the 25 HCI from the weapon and 5 or 10 on a talisman gets you very close to cap at either 39 or 44 so all I would need is one heartwood or lucky shame looted item.

I'm still planning on rocking this build but I'd really like to see if I can do it with a shame item or two so I think it will take some massive farming which should/could be fun. It's outside the box but after I saw the upside of 120 chiv in PvP I'm convinced this is one of the most under looked skills out there, forget about the damage a garg already does.

I think that I might look at factoring in the other chiv spells (fury mostly) but we shall see. I need to read some more or do some research to back this up.