• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

3rd chef, gain/progress log

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight I started on my 3rd chef since I started playing UO back in 2000. In the interest of creating a play by play for new chefs so they have an idea of what to expect I decided to log everything my new chef (Gordon Ramsay) does, and his gains/profits. If theres anything that I didn't make clear, or any questions anyone has please feel free to ask. So, without further delay, here's the results of my first training session:

Chef Gordon Ramsay
Starting Skills: 50 Fishing, 50 Archery, 0 Cooking
Starting Stats: Str 45, Dex 25, Int 10
After buying supplies & transportation gold in pack was 138

Set up shop in the west brit baker, standing between the oven and the water trough. Started out with 10 pitchers of water, 10 flour sifters, and 20 sacks of flour. Using 3 macros because I'm lazy. Macro #1 makes 15 dough, Macro #2 refills all 10 of my water pitchers from the nearby trough, and Macro #3 bakes 15 loaves of bread. I intend to GM by making just dough and bread, and without using any sort of skill enhancing objects (such as scrolls of alacrity or stat/skill modifying jewelry). There was no pattern to how I ran each macro, I would make a bunch of dough, then bake the bread. I didn't look for any specific amount before I sold or anything.

Started working at 0 cooking skill at 6:45pm.
Str 45, Dex 25, Int 10.
Started baking

15 min in (7:00pm), stopped to chart progress.
Cooking was 29.0, Str 45, Dex 28, Int 17
Made 15 loaves of bread, sold for 15 gold.
Current gold balance was 153
Back to baking

30 min in (7:15pm), ran out of flour & sifters.
Cooking was 37.6, Str 45, Dex 28, Int 21
Made 32 loves of bread, sold for 32 gold.
Current gold balance was 185
Purchased 20 sacks of flour for 60gp, & 3 flour sifters for 6gp
(purchasing more than 3 sifters would have put char overweight, making it a long slow walk from the tavern to the bakery.)
Gold balance was 119
Back to baking

37 min in (7:22pm), ran out of sifters (again)
Cooking was 40.1, Str 45, Dex 28, Int 23
Sold 29 loaves of bread for 29 gold
Current gold balance was 148
Bought 20 sifters for 40 gold
Current gold balance was 108
Back to baking

51 min in (7:36pm), stopped to sell bread
Cooking was 46.5, Str 45, Dex 30, Int 25
Sold 49 loaves of bread for 49 gold
Current gold balance was 157
Back to baking

1 hour 2 min in (7:48pm), ran out of flour
Cooking was 52.1, Str 45, Dex 31, Int 29
Sold 65 loaves of bread for 65 gold
Current gold balance was 222
Bought 10 sacks of flour for 30 gold
Current gold balance was 192
Back to baking

1 hour 16 min in (8:01pm), ran out of flour & sifters
Cooking was 56.8, Str 45, Dex 32, Int 30
Sold 75 loaves of bread for 75 gold
Current gold balance was 267
Bought 10 sifters & 10 sacks of flour for 50 gold
Current gold balance was 217
Back to banking

1 hour 34 min in (8:19pm), out of flour, end of 1st session
Cooking 61.5, Str 45, Dex 32, Int 31
Sold 90 loaves of bread for 90 gold
Current gold balance was 307

Total time: 1 hour 34 min
Total skill gain: 61.5
Total stat gain: Str 0, Dex +7, Int +21
Gold made/lost: +169gp

Not bad for a first session. I noticed that when I first started out I gained mostly from making dough, up until about 40ish. After that it was about 50/50 until about 55/60. Near the end of the session I started gaining more off baking bread than dough. I'm not sure that this pattern will hold, but it will be interesting to see. For future updates I won't be going into this much detail, but I will continue chart my progress as I go.

Now class, any questions?

No?

Class dismissed.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2nd session, decent gains. I decided to just keep it quick tonight and see what happened. My goal for the night was 70.0, it didn't take as long as I thought it would, and I only had to stop twice to re-supply with flour and sifters.

Total time: 40 min
Total skill gain: 8.5
Total stat gain: Str 0, Dex +2, Int +5
Gold made/lost: +48gp

Profit could have been better, but when I stopped for the night I still had nearly 20 sifters and 15 or so bags of flour in my pack. I didn't keep track of the actual number of loaves I made, but I'd estimate around 275 - 300.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Results of session 3

Total time: 1 hour 45 min
Total skill gain: 8.0
Total stat gain: Str 0, Dex +1, Int +3
Gold made/lost: +514gp

While the skill gains started to slow a little, the profit from selling the bread started to pick up. Current gold balance at the end of session 3 was 869gp.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Results of Session 4

Total time: 30 min
Total skill gain: 0.7
Total stat gain: None
Gold made/lost: +190gp