• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2200+ luck Farming Spot? B/T + Dragon

sterger7

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having a hard time finding a farming location in one of the revamped placeS (or anywhere really) where I can kind of relax and farm higher end items with the g-dragon + discord + provo. Do you have any recommendations? I have really high luck 2200+ custom suit, I just finished, but I've read that luck may be broken past 1k? what kind of nonsense is that? :(

At any rate, any recommendations for what to discord + kill and take advantage of the luck? If i can't find SOMETHING that the luck works on I might as well just kill with sampire 10x quicker heh

sterger7

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bard/tamer (disco/provo with gdragoN)
I use +items for vet when i need a res....though not having the vet + the healing might prove difficult.

Honestly finding it very very difficult to run this g-dragon compared to a sampire. It's like I do less damage, kill things
much more slowly that way, and can tank much fewer things at a time....I can't seem to see a noticeable dif having 2200
luck compared to 0 luck..as mucked up as that is. I prob just need to find a 'stable' spot where i can farm for high end gear
but it's hard. So far looking in certain areas of covetous it' sjust a complete and total swarm...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
bard/tamer (disco/provo with gdragoN)
I use +items for vet when i need a res....though not having the vet + the healing might prove difficult.

Honestly finding it very very difficult to run this g-dragon compared to a sampire. It's like I do less damage, kill things
much more slowly that way, and can tank much fewer things at a time....I can't seem to see a noticeable dif having 2200
luck compared to 0 luck..as mucked up as that is. I prob just need to find a 'stable' spot where i can farm for high end gear
but it's hard. So far looking in certain areas of covetous it' sjust a complete and total swarm...
Given that tamers have a whole range of pets and the GD is the biggest, we absolutely aren't at the sampire level.

The best thing you can do if you've gone from a sampire to a tamer is forget the sampire while you play the tamer. Enjoy the different challenges of taking a tamer to different places.

Now, from this point I'm going to go over a few bits you may know some or all of already. So skip the bits you've heard already :)

First thing I think you may need is just to learn the ropes *grins* Running a pet with 2 barding skills takes a fair bit of practice. Running multiple pets with that dual bard tamer is even more crazy heh. It's one of the more challenging templates till you get the hang of things. Part of your challenge will be the vet thing, I would suggest if practice still leaves you with a beat up dragon you may want to take your template onto Test Center and try it with higher vet and "feel" how that difference is when you have it. But practice does make a big difference.

Go to easy spawns at first and just practice till you know exactly a) what your pet can cope with b) you don't mush your macros c) you know how much you can heal and see what tactics you can get together for bigger fights. If your pets aren't trained, that is the best way to get started - train them on spawn that is at the same skill level and as you do that you progress to greater challenges. I wouldn't recommend moving on to harder stuff till you're up to speed. Especially if you have a sampire to switch to. Practice for a bit with your tamer then you can work whatever tough spawn you fancy with a sampire to get said items. Once you have your tamer figured out and kicking butt, start moving up to tougher spawns. I think if you take on too much at once I don't think you'll enjoy your tamer as much as you could.

I'd recommend ensuring you have all the pet and bard macros you can think of set before you go out too. No typing commands or having to target yourself manually. Have heal/invis type spells macro'd to target yourself automatically, it's a lifesaver and lets you focus on your pets. Anything you find yourself doing all the time, combinations of spells or skills, try and find a way to set them in a macro. It just saves time.

Some basic tamer hunting tactics - again you may know these already but just in case I'll mention them. Keep your pet between you and the spawn, when something spawns you have a couple of secs to ensure the pet is between you and that critter. Try and stand under a dragon if you don't need to be elsewhere. Clear a retreat path or back yourself onto a passage so you have somewhere to go if you need a break or a heal/rez. Or just to pull spawn back to separate off what you want.

Another trick to pull out some spawn is set your dragon to kill something, then as soon as it has started to obey, tell it to stop then follow you. This pulls it right back to you and if you're quick that can pull just one or a couple of creatures out of a whole clump.

You can use your dragon as a tank and as creatures attack it, provoke them onto each other. Disco the toughest in the pack and you can provoke everything else onto that critter or just keep them occupied by eating each other. It's going to be kinda chaos till you get the hang of grabbing health bars and provoking under a GD's wings, but it's a bit more exciting lol.

Wenchy

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think he's looking for the EASY button here. not the start off at mongbats and graduate to brigands approach.

sterger7

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure why not? If you spend that much money on the ultimate GD and bard/tamer armor set and aren't even 1/5th the combat ability of a sampire something's not right ;)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Could farm eternal gazers. I run taming, lore, vet, plus swords, bushido, tactics, and chiv. Sick dragon after
the gazer then jump in. Usually take them down in under a minute and I get 1000 luck bonus from bushido.
I dont use any defensive skills just pure offense. Defense is what my GD is for LOL.