• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 questions on pvp thieves

G

GreekHero

I have been running a thief very successfully for over 6 months now.

I still haven't figured out the following:

1. Earthquake and other spell reveal (eg. meteor swarm) is it based on your resists or hiding+stealth skill?

2. Is there any defense at all to detecting hidden skill (besides hiding again or smoke bombing).

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I don't think area damage spells, such as earthquake, can be mitigated by skill. Your chance to reveal is definitely not based on your resists and I don't think it's affected by your hiding skill. The best way to defend against this is the ninjitsu spell "Shadow Jump": the instant you see the spell words, shadow jump away.

Regarding detect hidden, one (passive) defense is that hardly anyone has this skill. You can also make yourself more difficult to detect by raising your hiding (and stealth?) skill.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Higher stealth will help prevent you from being revealed by damage.

Higher stealth will also help against the active use of the detect hidden skill, and may help negligibly against its passive use. Generally its better for a scout to just passively reveal when the thief is on the move, so you wont really have to deal with its active use...often.

Don't let the naysayers fool you, 120 stealth can go a long way toward keeping you hidden.

G

GreekHero

Yeah, I have 120 stealth but the problem is some people just reveal you with the skill and there is nothing you can do about it other than re-hide.

V

Vaneca

I been running a quite successfull thief, that was capable of killing ppl aswell, for years. And I never had more than 100 Stealth.
But I guess it depends on what you want to do.
If you just want to steal scrolls/arties at a champ its best to wait till theres something happening on the screen. Like rats spawning at a coon or someone trying to push through the defense.
That way most ppl fail to notice you shadow jumping around.
By that you can open as many bagpacks as you want to and see who has got anything of interest for you :thumbup1: