• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1st Zoo Spawners Point Raffle was a Huge Success!!

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last Tuesday instead of having the normal Zoo Spawn Champion Hunt a special raffle was held to give out the points built up at the zoo from the previous spawns. The Zoo Spawn Association (ZSA) had accumulated a total of 1,180,425 points at the Trammel Moonglow Zoo. So it was decided to hold an Zoo Spawners Point Raffle to benefit the Zoo, and to give out these points as prizes.

This was done on Tuesday, the 27th of January when 30 books at a cost of 1,000,000 gold each were placed on a vendor at the “D|R East End Emporium” in Luna at a prearranged time. Three of the 30 books had an award winning number in them that guaranteed the holder one of the prizes. The books were quickly bought up by the gathered people in the hopes of winning one of the following prizes.

1st: Pick of 600,000 points worth of Zoo Donation Items & 5m*
2nd: Pick of 300,000 points worth of Zoo Donation Items & 10m*
3rd: Pick of 200,000 points worth of Zoo Donation Items* & 15m**

*All but the Donation Titles
**If all 30 books are sold, these cash prizes will be given out.

When all 30 books had been purchased the group moved on to the Zoo where Victania [D|R] proceeded call forth the winners to claim their prizes. Reminding each of the winners that if they so desired they could turn in the gold portion of their prize for more Zoo Reward Points if they so desired.

The first place book was held by Aang who chose the “Britannia Royal Zoo Special Achievement Award” as his desired item.

The second place book was held by BarefootPrincess [SCB] who surprised everyone when she stepped forward and designated Hagrid to accept her reward in her place. Hagrid was genuinely surprised by this offer on her part, and I would not do what transpired next true justice if I did not post their exact words. So here it is:

BarefootPrincess: *Looks at Hagrid*
Hagrid: a gift....... for a special person could be taken from there ya' know. One that I would Love to give to someone. Someone VERY sweet. I wonder how many "points" that would amount to.
BarefootPrincess: *looks quizzical*
Hagrid: My lady Victania.....
Victania: along with the point u won, that’s 966666 points
Hagrid: wouldn't a beautiful fountain....be a nice.....um....*blushes* engagement gift?
BarefootPrincess: engagement?
Victania: *is confused*
BarefootPrincess: Why Hagrid!
Hagrid: *blushes*
Victania: who’s being proposed to?
BarefootPrincess: *looks around*
Hagrid: My dear lady.......a princess in a bear mask.
Victania: awwwww
Hagrid: adorned in beauty and kindness. *kisses hand*
BarefootPrincess: *blushes*
Hagrid: Sorry for the sudden surprise my princess.
BarefootPrincess: What is this you are trying to say Hagrid?
Hagrid: No tamer in all of Sosaria.....have I ever seen.........has ever caught my heart more than you my love, and I never left this. *shows note*
BarefootPrincess: I meant it you know
Hagrid: *smudges tear quickly* Forgive me.. a foul wind in me eye.
BarefootPrincess: Mine too
Hagrid: Victania?
Victania: yes?
Hagrid: *smiles* Dost' thou have a fountain? From that blue box?
Victania: the donation statues thingy?
Hagrid: aye. My dear, accept this? Forget not.....that there are tamers that hold true.......the meaning of friendship....compassion, and love. You are wonderful.
BarefootPrincess: I treasure it
Hagrid: *kisses hand* And you all. Please.....come to a wedding?
Victania: yay!
BarefootPrincess: but not as much as I treasure you my dear one
Hagrid: *claps**hugs*
BarefootPrincess: *hugs*
Hagrid: *smiles* *rubs tear from eye* Thank you Barefoot.
Ralos DuMorrain: I think Winning Barefoot should have been first place
Hagrid: *straightens Barefoots bear mask*
Victania: aww
Hagrid: *looks for words to say* Thank you all for....
BarefootPrincess: *Tries to keep from fainting*
Hagrid: ......coming to the event.
Victania: *fans Barefoot*
Hagrid: *gladly hold Barefoot from falling.*

If you see either of the happy couple please do congratulate them on their upcoming nuptials. Plus I have to agree with Ralos, Hagrid was the biggest winner of the evening by far.

The third and final book was found to be in the possession of Malcontent who claimed his prize to a round of applause from all that were gathered.

Then lastly but not least a special award was given to Anne Nomilly [O*S] for her help with the weekly Zoo Spawns.

Next week a normal Zoo Spawn will take place and here is the information on it for those of you who wish to take part. Hope to see all of you there.

Date:
Tuesday, February 3rd 2009

Time:
Meeting At: 7:30pm
Leaving At: 7:50pm
Spawn Starts At: 8:00pm

Spawn:
Rat

Meeting Point:
Felucca Fire Entrance

*All times are EST*
I just want to thank Lady_Calina and her guild [D|R] for sponsoring these events for the entire shard to take part in.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Vallend for reporting on the event...You are quite complimenting. :) Thank you Calina, for all the zoo events run thus far, I've had a blast with it.

A special thanks to BarefootPrincess...for always coming any time I have asked to help with a spawn...or an event *blush*.

B

Branwyn of Errol

Vallend I wish to compliment you on your report. Barefoot was quite stunned by the turn of events, so I highly doubt she could have related the story herself.