1st successful theft

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 1, 2010
I went tot the star room the other night and had a great opportunity to take a ankh necklace but my trust worthy macro failed, I was unsuccessful and my target made a rather quick get away.

I wandered around, it was late and no targets to be found.

I get on today and head to the bacaroon and there is a some fella out on a solo quest... perfect.

I sneak around letting him corner the thing and shadow jump in when hes doing a swing on all the rat spawn. Open his pack and there is a 120 chiv. Not the greatest of scrolls, but good enough for me.

I use Detect Hidden to target the thing (I cant seem to get a knife or anything to work for last targtet) wait the skill timer and hit my steal target. "You have successfully stolen the item" I make a break for it, hit llama form and look behind me, theres no chase.

Yoink, it is mine.

I sneak back around head out through the keep and deposit my find into the bank.

The Bacarron is still up lets go have a look what else he may get. I head back down into the pit and sneak around to get back into position. Seems he has called a red friend for some security. Lets see what he has. Blessed and insured, no luck. I head back to my original target and get detected, dead.

Try again, get a rez, head back and get into position and another explorer is down there having a look. The red heads to chase him and kills him. I snoop his corps and nothing but some bandages. Not what I'm looking for. I head to my target again.

Bacarron falls and the red protector cast invis on his friend, out of luck. They clear out and I start to gather some gold. All 6 other scrolls fall to the ground, nothing worthy of keeping. Make a couple trips back to the bank with gold...

So first successful trip lands me 120 Chiv and 150K in gold. Not too bad.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2009
That's way better than my first success haha...

I was in baracoon as well and I stole a 120 Magery...

...BUT...

To document my first steal i took screenshot of "You have successfully stolen this item." then ran off to corner and hid while i loaded up MSPaint to save the image so i can could take the next screenshot...

I switch back to UO to take a screenshot of the item in my pack and...

...I'm dead....

:rant2::cursing::violin:

I logged out in a fit a rage...

:mf_prop:

Tetricyde Of Pacific

M

Mairut

When you mentioned no chase... I've had a lot of those recently in the starroom. Grab the item, take a couple of running steps...and no chase. Walk away and hide to wait until I can go through the stargate.

But Congrats!! Very nice first steal :D

S

Shinobi

If you're gonna use a skill to target items, maybe try arms lore. Last i checked, it has no skill timer.

The Mule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 1, 2010
I just made my 2nd and 3rd steal. I so get this template and how you lot think its so much fun. Blackthorns Exemplar and 110 mage. I used my sword in pack on the 110 mage and it worked.

Off to find another target.

C

Cruxshadow

very nice steals man. you should do the arms/animal lore for your targeting. pretty short timer, and oyu dont have to search for an item to double click (like sword or dagger). another thing though, only use the target cursor if you want to wait for the steal(like if you see somehting good, but arent quite through perusing yet, put it on last target until you finish looking). but, if you see something awesome just want to steal and haul ass, just use the stealing skill and snap it up. i normally use 'last target' only when people are running around like crazy and i have to chase em, or if they have tons of stuff on them.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
Or use an UOA "use item" macro specifically for your knife. My macros look like this:

F8 - Shadowjump
F9 - Use Last Object (opens pack)
F10 - Use Item (uses my knife)
F11 - Steal + last target

C

Cruxshadow

my macros:

~ animal form
f1- shadowjump
f2- steal
f3- steal/last target
f4- animal lore
f5- screeeeen shoooooottttttt lol
oh and alt+space for hiding

everything else for my thief is just on screen, as the only things i really need for fast react are above. oh ya, and the ultimate clean get away? carry around a piece of invis clothing/jewlery. steal, pop on invis bracelt, gone...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
I use a few different methods

I sometimes tote a old unused V-Day card, other times I have a Mesanna's Cream Pie, Snow works, and if I know I have a bit I'll use Invoke Virtue - Valor. There are lots options personally I like the above because they all either have no item involved or are a 1 stone blessed item....