• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] 184 Stones Yellowtail Barracuda : is this a keeper ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I caught a 184 stones Yellowtail Barracuda and was wondering what to do with it, turn it into steaks or keep it, perhaps on a wall mount ?

Is it a good weight one ? What is the max weight they can come out as ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before SA the max weight was 200, but I heard rumors that now is 250...

My strategy is to always keep the heavy fish and cut the others until I get the max :D

However, grats, it's a huge fish :D

A

A Stoned Mariner

Any fish over 180 stone is worth keeping.

Personally, I only keep the biggest fish I catch of each variety now. Cut up all the rest.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Before SA the max weight was 200, but I heard rumors that now is 250...

My strategy is to always keep the heavy fish and cut the others until I get the max :D

However, grats, it's a huge fish :D
Actually, before SA, the two largest fish on record were 218 and 225, respectively.

What ARE these Barracuda used for - anything?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If i remember the list right, the yellowtail baracuda fish steaks give pies with hpr 3 for 5 minutes.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
184 is "tiny". I wouldn't mount anything below 200. I have my different big fishes just locked down. When i get one that is bigger than the one locked down i release the old one and cut it into steaks.

M

Muu Bin

I caught a 184 stones Yellowtail Barracuda and was wondering what to do with it, turn it into steaks or keep it, perhaps on a wall mount ?

Is it a good weight one ? What is the max weight they can come out as ?
This is up to you. If you think it is a nice size then keep it. It "seems" like a pretty nice size - congratulations on the catch. If you are asking on advice as to what to do with it... then I would do as others have suggested... keep it until you get a bigger one.