• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

18 Days

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For 18 days Catskills could boast that it had two fully stocked zoos! I don't know if anybody can tell for certain, but most assume that this is the first time any shard accomplished such a feat and the zoo devotees can be proud.

This past Friday the maintenance fees for the zoo could not be met and our steed was lost. I am told that today around 5:30 pm Eastern time we lost the Sphynx in Felucia as well.

I know that there are invasions to fend off, debates about our new king and very very all too real life concerns to contend with. I am just reminding those concerned that donations to the Felucia zoo count towards the same points that are maintained in the Tramel zoo.

I am not sure who is running the spawns now (God Speed Calina) but please consider making some donations to the Felucia Zoo, the Tramel zoo is hardly in danger.

Thank you for your time, I promise I won't make another Felucia zoo plea for quite some time.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed.....lets make both our zoos the priority here.

Checks for donations are blessed so there is no real risk making the deposits in fel.

D

DPudding

I'll donate a million if someone will help me kill these dang crimson dragons!!!!!

C

Corvak

=/

Currently fresh out of money. (bought a keep)

We did have a spawn last week, which was good. Of course money from spawns is really dependant on the items being sold.

If you want to support the zoo, but not just donate your money away, buy something nice from the zoo vendor in luna! :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll donate a million if someone will help me kill these dang crimson dragons!!!!!

I tried.....even after you left/changed characters I ran around that house dying for another 45 mins...a few others arrived but the numbers were too small!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh no! We're gonna have to fix this! Once I get into a place and can get the MZS Hall built, hopefully that'll draw more attention to the cause.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooops. Well...still as you said. I think anyone that "shard-hops" like I do will testify to the fact that BOTH our zoos are bar-none. I'll do me best to give something to the zoo each day. :)

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive my noobishness, but what is the actual benefit for keeping the Zoo maintained? From what I hear it is pretty expensive to keep it up at the levels that everyone wants. Why do we do it? Is it because we want to be able to go there and see the animals? Is that what our donations do, is cause animals to spawn? Are there any other benefits to these Zoos?

Also why are we trying to keep up 2 zoos? Do that many people go to felucca to look at the zoo? Why do we take care of two zoo's when we can barley take care of one!!! Jk. I just wanna know what all the buzz is about with the Zoo(s).

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I initially got involved with supporting our zoo was because it was a community effort (up till then I was an utter loner) to attempt what must be one of the most difficult feats in the game. Since those early days I have come to know some fantastic folks who have their own reasons for devoting so much effort to keeping both zoos full.

As for any benefits other than looking at the animals there are the zoo rewards. I certainly won't bother to argue with someone who thinks supporting the zoo is a waste of time. Either it is something one enjoys or they don't.

I guess it's just the Don Quixote in me.....

And before I forget, thanks for all the support I have seen since my OP.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Zoo has become part of who the Catskills shard is. It shows other shards just what makes Catskills the great shard it is. Working together we can accomplish things as a community that no other shard has been able to do. When no other Zoo on any other shard could do it we maintained our Crane at the Zoo. When most other shards were saying it was impossible to reach the top level and get the Silver Steed. We did it. Now we were the first shard to have the steed at the Tram and Fel Zoo too. Because of the great people on Catkills we can do anything!

C

Corvak

Mostly? Bragging rights. But donation points can earn you rewards.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gives me a reason to drink beer, and watch Anne die when I lure crap over to her once a week!

That is reason enough for me!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...lol, beer. hehe.

Yeah, why do football teams play each other, why are there baseball games, yeah pride does come into play.

To be honest...for me it helps take some of the "grind" out of taming when I know that I'm getting a little kickback ya know.

And since I'm too cheap to buy an advanced character token that amounts up to a LOT of polar bears.

And yeah, the community thing is a big part of it for me. For me (and others) its fun to work tword a same goal, compile that with the other reasons and well...for me its an award winning thing to shoot for. :)

Oh, and like TimberWolf said...Beer. hehe. Jerimiah, you have carried the "Zoo torch" for a long time, and kept peeps interest in it. And Calina, the same.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok boys and girls, Woody graciously donated 3 mill for the grt Dragon I tamed her today, and we got 171k from the spawn.

I donated it all to the fell side of the zoo.
We are now back to 11 tier and are at 11316940 pts!

so both zoo have their silver steeds back and safe for now!

Cheers!
TW

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TimberWolf, you and Woody ROCK! And um...I hope I at least drew the agro long enough for some to get rezzed. lol! I did me best at the spawn. *Blush*

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya hats off to bob for luring that paragon grt dragon away while someone rezzed my poor ass!

:) I just finished 2 more spawns...a spider at humility and rats at valor....no drops for me tonight!
:(