15th Anniversary Commemorative Robe

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
Happy Anniversary everyone! New robe looks great :)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
Great looking robe. I think it was given (being given) to the winners of the "my favorite memory of UO contest" or whatever it was named.

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Mar 21, 2012
Everyone who went to the celebration (in person) got a code for a robe. This might be it.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 17, 2007
I'm so chuffed!! It's my first ever event / cool item I've ever owned. I got it via a special code.

It's called "15th Anniversary Commemorative Robe" and blessed. I've seen a blue one also now.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 10, 2010
Napa Valley
As I recall the original post said winners would be selected and codes emailed out on October 6th.

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 14, 2011
ICQ= 672658386
Yeah..The birthday party was a lot of fun. For attending we were given a robe, a secret chest and random singing ball (the same items on japan store)

We were also give a bunch of cool new info about the game but I will let those recording/taking notes give you all a better report

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 14, 2011
ICQ= 672658386
Hmm..and my robe was a more purple color..so the colors must be random

And the robe has no stats at all..just as an fyi

Last edited:
T

Tazar

Mesanna said that they are dyable with several different tubs/dyes.

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 12, 2008
Luna, Atlantic
I hope that others will be able to get the robe and that today's attendees just got it first. I would be bummed if there was no way (other than the story writing) to earn the robe. Maybe it could be a special drop on certain mobs for the next month.
I dunno. As much as I envy those who got the robes, I think they deserve something special for spending the time and money to actually go to this event.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 4, 2012
1/2 got two, wow. thats like going to atlantic city and they cover your bus fare in the form of a gambling voucher.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
I too was told the only way to get the was throught the writing contest by Mesanna herself. I guess I'm not surprised by them giving out at the real life event. I also heard from someone who attended it that half of the room got two. Hope they'll feel just as giving when they 'grade' our stories. Maybe more than 5 per shard for the contest would be nice....
Mesanna asked everyone to pick a side, then Jeff came up and chose the right side (his left, while facing the audience), and Mesanna announced everyone on the right side would be getting an extra robe.

At the end of the event, everyone got a bag with the new UO t-shirt (looks great, IMO) and three in-game codes: an anniversary robe, a random singing ball, and a secret chest.

Oh--and I'll post a 2D/CC version of the robe in a second if no one else does.

Last edited:

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 9, 2006
I think it is fair that everyone who went to the expense of attending the celebration gets a robe to mark the occasion. I don't think the robe should be some kind of regular drop. It is a special item to mark a special occasion.

And it's a robe anyway. I just want a special dress. =P

Reactions: Eärendil and DJAd

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2004
Chesapeake
quick and dirty 2D/CC. my robe ended up blue :). some problems with gorget it seems.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 10, 2010
Napa Valley
I have to say that I completely disagree with the idea of rewarding those who had the money and free time to be able to attend this event with items that are not available to all of the other thousands of players who have supported this game over the last 15 years. I'k ok with offering them something for free that might only be available to other players who want to buy it off the UO store or work for the in game drop. Realistically the vast majority would have loved to be able to attend an event like this but are unable to because of the financial burden traveling across the US or half way around the world would impose. However, their support of Ultima online should not be any less rewarded after 15 years of UO.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
*shrugs* Whats the big deal?

Doesnt WoW give away special mounts/pets to those who go to Blizzcon? Same thing really...

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 14, 2011
ICQ= 672658386
The bet was one would be for sale for 100 million within the hour (as half the room did get two..I just sat on the wrong side o_O)

I just got lucky and happen to live in the same town so it was only a 4 minute drive for me to the party. But it was actually really informative. The new artist fella (I didn't get his name) is the bomb. We are going to see some amazing stuff in the very near future. I was actually suprised at the high level of dedication from the team and I think we are going to see some very awesome stuff soon.

Again. I could go into more detail but there were people taking notes and recording the entire thing so I do not want to say something wrong.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Catskills Shard, Town of Minoc
*shrugs* Whats the big deal?

Doesnt WoW give away special mounts/pets to those who go to Blizzcon? Same thing really...
Those Items from other online games are probably character bound so really not that big of deal. These robes will probably pay for attendee's plane ticket alone at a later time but I doubt anyone that actually attended the anniversary would be enticed by any amount of real $$$ (who knows shrug).

Come on guys, they are just pixels. I could not attend at all due to personal health issue but I could careless since they answered my question about moving costume to a different spot. Changes that everyone can enjoy being promised means a lot more than some special robe. Just remember they did say that new clothing are coming out and the robe will probably just be blend in soon enough with a special tag.

Sure I would like something wearable that is a token for supporting the game for 15 years but in the end I am just happy that the game seems like it will see its 20th anniversary celebration from the responses from Devs and I hope I am around and able to attend the celebration in five years. I am often critical about Dev's decision and actions in the interest of the game but in this case of the robes, I really do not think it is something to fight over to ruin the celebration.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Sep 8, 2006
Origin
Very nice robe, I like it! And I also agree that it should be limited. Though of course I'd love to have one, maybe they'll give us something else to commemorate the 15th Anny of Uo....besides cake and harpsi cords...and hourglasses.....and heritage tokens.....and and and...

I guess you can't please everyone :)

I like my cake!

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
Those Items from other online games are probably character bound so really not that big of deal.

Actually, the codes are given on cards similar to how it was done here, and they end up on Ebay all the time.

Reactions: G.v.P

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aug 21, 2000
Great Lakes
uorpc.net
I have to say that I completely disagree with the idea of rewarding those who had the money and free time to be able to attend this event with items that are not available to all of the other thousands of players who have supported this game over the last 15 years. I'k ok with offering them something for free that might only be available to other players who want to buy it off the UO store or work for the in game drop. Realistically the vast majority would have loved to be able to attend an event like this but are unable to because of the financial burden traveling across the US or half way around the world would impose. However, their support of Ultima online should not be any less rewarded after 15 years of UO.
I hate to be the bearer of bad karma or anything but more often than not this is exactly how things like this go...

As for what they give folk who've supported UO for 15 years they do.... it's called your Vet rewards... I still don't have any shard shield..... so consider yourself fortunate.... players just starting or coming back to UO aren't likely to get one EVER.

Reactions: Jade of Sonoma

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
Catskills Shard, Town of Minoc
Actually, the codes are given on cards similar to how it was done here, and they end up on Ebay all the time.
Ok, I guess my assumption is wrong. However, I doubt the people attending the UO 15th anniversary party in person could be compare to those lame WoW crowds who attended meaningless conventions. While some might choose to sell their robe to cover the cost of their trip, but I would like to think that die hard UO players would never consider real $$ over something that has real sentimental value unless it is absolutely necessary (real life hardship).

In UO there are two different breed, people who treat UO as a job to make $$$ and those of us who hold the game in a higher standard. While some in game items are worth significant real life $$, I really doubt most people attending the celebration in person would be swayed by it unless it is absolutely necessary. Call me naive but I think I am not alone when it comes to the passion for this game.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2003
I entered the fiction contest again; I doubt I will win, but I'm trying to keep myself sharp and at least vaguely in touch with what the average person wants to read... but anyway, the point is yes I'd like to win a unique robe. I want to feel like I have some sort of recognisable, unique worth. But at the same time, I don't have a problem with anyone else also finding something valuable in their lives. Give people who attended the convention the robe in a set range of colours. Give those who win the fiction competition the same robe in a different unique colour. Yet the pattern and the name 15th Anniversary Robe really should be available to all who wants it somehow.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 9, 2006
As for what they give folk who've supported UO for 15 years they do.... it's called your Vet rewards... I still don't have any shard shield..... so consider yourself fortunate.... players just starting or coming back to UO aren't likely to get one EVER.
This. I started playing with third dawn and took a break for a few years. I still need to wait several months before I can claim a crimson dress. The vet rewards mark your lengthy support for the game. These robes mark a special event.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 17, 2010
Chessy
The Robe is pretty special; I disagree with those that think everyone should get one. As stated above, it should be a limited item as it represents an Anniversary Celebration, not an everyday event. Kudo's to you if you were able to attend.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Lake Superior
crysta-elf.deviantart.com
A few people accidentally got another robe code instead of the chest one. I was one.. was too shy to bother any of the staff about asking to exchange it..

I'll probably give it to Airmid the next time I see her, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: kelmo and Bazer

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
The Robe is pretty special; I disagree with those that think everyone should get one. As stated above, it should be a limited item as it represents an Anniversary Celebration, not an everyday event. Kudo's to you if you were able to attend.
I would have done something like a special color selection with rare and unique colors for peeps who won the contest, then a more limited (but still "rare") selection for peeps who went to the irl meet up, then a 3 more common color (red green blue) as an item added to some reward pool. When it takes like a month to make an equipable item it seems a shame to see it in game only a handful of times.

But as it is now, I say leave it how it is. The people participating should be the ones rewarded.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2008
Northern California
Congrats to those who went and got the swag. Very nice!

Been playing 15 years, didn't go and I am -not- upset by this. We got our own 15th anniversary gifts, these were special gifts to all who were able to attend the party itself. I'd be upset if the party was by their invite only, but it wasn't. It was open to all, some of us (including myself) just couldn't make it. Geez can you imagine if EVERYONE made it? Wow, now that would have been crazy!

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
LS
I forget why I still play this game.

That's right. I love being sucker punched in the nads. Mmmmm, may I have another?

The charge to my CC, a decade and a half reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.