120 stealing

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 17, 2009
can someone tell me the benefits of getting stealing to 120 for pvm? thx

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
for stealing from monsters, there would be no benefit that this one knows. 120 would be for picking pockets from players.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 17, 2009
i hear that there are stealables items on the ground in certain dungeons do points in stealing have anything to do with those?

oh wait i think i posted this in the wrong forums..

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
no problem- sometimes it is difficult to find the right forum, or to get an answer there.

Yes, the stealing skill can and must be used to get certain rares or weapons, and they suggest that there will be more coming. You will need at least gm stealing to get them, and this one is not sure if 120 would make that any easier. I do steal consumables from some creatures when I check on spawns- some of those, the life giving seeds, mana draughts, strength balms- are nice to have and why should I buy when I can get myself? But it isn't my specialty. The good folk on the rares thief forum may be able to give you better suggestions.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
120 stealing makes stealing the Doom artifacts a lot easier. Such as you will never fail when stealing them. If you stick to GM stealing you may fail a lot when trying to get them.

For stealing consumables: 120 means you have a better chance at getting one. GM vrs 120 stealing: the 120 stealing will most likely get one before the GM :)

To sum it up: Go for 120 stealing. It makes stuff a lot easier.

H

Hulk Hogan

What about for pvp? I have thief on a prodo shard with 120 stealing (can't really tell for pvp though). I recently made a thief on siege, and without much money, will 110-115 be sufficient from stealing from other players?

R

Robthemilt

It increases the amount of weight that you can steal.

"no problem- sometimes it is difficult to find the right forum, or to get an answer there."
Very nice touzoko. And I was expecting to read that some ****** had flamed him.

R

RichDC

From GM-120 Pvm thief there is an increase of 15% in getting rare consumables.

In PvP all 120 means is that you can effectively steal 12stones.

Majority of the things youll steal (replicas and scrolls) are 1-7stones so technically 80stealing would be sufficient.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
but this one would recommend 120 stealing, based on everything. Woe to the one who misses that once in a life-time steal for a lack of a few points!
and who does not wish to be legendary?

R

RichDC

Ahh, now i didnt say never to go to 120 :p

Simply that (me personally) dont waste the points on it. I use 90 real stealing , 20 from the legs and When PvP i whack on the burglars bandana to take me to 120 so i never miss my steals :p

Normally im runnin with the ninja stealth mark of trav.

S

Sweeney

What about for pvp? I have thief on a prodo shard with 120 stealing (can't really tell for pvp though). I recently made a thief on siege, and without much money, will 110-115 be sufficient from stealing from other players?
On Siege 70 stealing is enough to get started. Most quick-sell items are one and two stones (rings, scrolls, etc). 100+ is good for weapon and armor stealing. 120 is nice but anything above 100 should be good enough for most things, unless you're strictly a town thief.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
jewlery, indeed! I have sold a few items for some really good money. And at 1 stone, they are easy pickings.