• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

120 scrolls: Are they worth it?

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll start by saying that this is from a PVM perspective - obviously in PVP you'll need to give your pet every advantage. Is it really worth scrolling all of your pet's skills to 120? I understand for Parry and Wrestling, and to a lesser extent Resist, but is there that much benefit to take things like Anatomy, Tactics and magic skills to 120 instead of 110/115?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am on the side of 120 for things that impact % chance... wrestle, parry, bushido... but those that impact % increases (damage increase, etc) like tactics, anatomy, eval, med, focus, etc. a 115 is more than enough.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On my pets that can have bushido 120 bush and 120 parry is a must just because of the sheer volume of damage it avoids. In PvM is another 5-10 points of damage that important to you is really what it comes down to. As I have said in other threads the difference is marginal and personally I feel the points can be better spent in in other areas. IF I were buying scrolls I would probably pick 2-3 main hunting pets and scroll them all the way up for max damage. The rest I probably would not bother with scrolls at all.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll start by saying that this is from a PVM perspective - obviously in PVP you'll need to give your pet every advantage. Is it really worth scrolling all of your pet's skills to 120? I understand for Parry and Wrestling, and to a lesser extent Resist, but is there that much benefit to take things like Anatomy, Tactics and magic skills to 120 instead of 110/115?
Not if you can't afford them. :D

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I am doing some tests with 110 and 115 wrestling instead of 120, but I think that at least 120 wrestling might be desirable for PvM due to hit chance.
120 tactics might not be completely needed and 120 anat/healing is a no-brainer for a Cu.