• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

11th Year Veteran Rewards

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where are the 11th year Vet Rewards?

There are people in the game who have been playing for 11 Years.

So why are there only rewards for 10 of the 11 years?

D

DHMagicMan_1

Because they just came out with the 10s? I'm betting they already have the 11s too, they will let us know in the next publish or 2 or 3...

X

XavierArcanus

I really think they ought to just stop making new rewards beyond the 10th year.

Adding new rewards to each tier up to 10 years would be cool, but I think the max tier should be 10.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I want a "Hitching Post" so I can stable my critters at home.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've been wondering that myself. It's a bit ridiculous to even have years on the rewards if the best they're going to do is come out with the next level no less than a year after that level begins to apply. In short, it really feels like the longer you play this game, the more you get the shaft from EA. I mean, honestly, they just dropped in a TON of new rewards, but no one thought, "You know, there are people out there that, because of the 2 month bonus to vet rewards, were able to claim 11 year rewards in AUGUST, but we've got NOTHING there for them to collect..."

It's a bit old.
cuz they were in the middle of a move from west coast to east coast, and in the middle of a merger with Mythic (if i'm describing it right) and many resultant lay-offs.
Yeah, I'll be honest, I've never heard a company use that excuse so often and for such extended periods of time. It's literally a wonder that EA continues to make money on UO given the way it's run. I mean, consider for a moment that any other company would have to move quickly and get set up in a new location in order to continue to conduct business. However, EA figures, "Ah, who cares, they're still paying us... if it takes us six months to get back on track, oh well."

Mr Bug

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An 11 year reward......hmmm....*thinks* A spellbook that lets the caster toss Llama Ev's with every cast..Not overpowering but cool?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
An 11 year reward......hmmm....*thinks* A spellbook that lets the caster toss Llama Ev's with every cast..Not overpowering but cool?
I like the idea. No real bonus to having one other than the fact it would do something cool without giving any kind of advantage to the user.

Vet rewards should have been nothing more than a bunch of cool toys to play with vs something that has bonus resistances on it which is unbalancing. They should have been nothing more than a sign of status a symbol of your account age.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vet rewards should have been nothing more than a bunch of cool toys to play with vs something that has bonus resistances on it which is unbalancing. They should have been nothing more than a sign of status a symbol of your account age.
3% physical resist, even across the two items you can wear, is far from unbalancing. Really. By and large, the vet rewards -- soulstones aside -- are nothing more than decorative. Now, the mining cart, gem cart, and tree trunks do give some limited resources, but it's hardly the end of the world.

D

Duku

Hooded, metal, shield dye tube...

Home Bank box...

Ethy's Hiryu...

Cloak with +5% DCI (instead of silly quiver..)

C

Crystal Canyon

Seeing this post reminded me of another post where a person is complaining that everyone should get all the rewards no matter how long they have played the game. I had to respond to this with "my explaination" of the reward system.

I thought you might find this funny:

Yes, they should reward us all for spending so much time trying to get around the bugs and the nerfs they throw our way with each new publish, but the fact remains, that the longer we have dealt with this, the more demented each of us have become! We have earned something grand! LOL

So what they have devised is a reward for each additonal year that they have successfully been able to keep us addicted to the game!

1st year reward...for being silly enough to listen to friends when they tell you tall tales of killing people every night and slaying dragons...and then you joining them in doing so for a whole year!

2nd year rewards...are for being in game long enough to see all the cool stuff and swearing you will have all of it some day! (dreamers stage, they love this one!))

3rd year rewards...for staying in the game even though your spouse has declared on thier income tax return that they are "single living with a UO addict." (aka... a UO widow)

4th year reward...Hanging in the game even though, at about this point, even Trammies venture off into the forbidden land of Felluca. Your entire vocabualry has changed to the point that you have to move your computer to another room that the children are not allowed in. ( they really should give something better for this one)

5th year reward...EA pretty much knows they have you hooked now..its the halfway point. Everytime they see someone collect a 5th year reward, they are High Fiving each other and shouting "SUCKER!".

6th year reward...you have come along way... You have a few hundred posts on the boards, been suspended for them at least twice, and know most of the moderators on a first name basis. ( the reward is actually for putting up with the mods, but they dont know that so dont tell them...shhhh)

7th year reward...Your to the point of driving down the road (in real), seeing cows in a field and trying to calculate how much leather you could get from that herd. EA knows this and feels a bit guilty for your dellutions...thus they throw out something pretty good for you to try to get your mind steered back to the virtual world.

8th year reward
...Now they know you are so proud of being in thier virtual world that you want to make statues of yourself and mark you weapons with your own thoughts. I mean really...who wouldnt want a weapon that says "I pwned yo mamma" or a naked statue in front of your house with its butt pointed out at everyone that passes by????? ( they are secretly hoping you will do this in real...free advertising for them!)

9th year reward...EA feels after 9 years of you calling in sick to work so that you can be there for the first day of a new release, they at least owe you something for the "real world" write ups you have gotten. Hell ya..your boss is sitting there ragging on you for missing work and you tell him, "so what if I dont get a raise this year, I got a ridable polar bear...so eat that!"

10th year reward...EA adores these accounts! They know by now you speak only UO language ( pwned, woot, Gm, b&%ch), you are only disconnected from the game when a tornado has torn down power lines, your spouse has moved out but gotten an account of thier own and your children have gotten part time jobs at the YMCA to pay for thier own accounts after giving your password to thier friends. EA gladly rewards you for all your effort...or should I say your creating new accounts for them? LOL

11th year rewards....forget it...by now, even EA people dont want to have any more interaction with you than they have to...to put it simply...they are AFRAID of you! Yes...we are demented!

Now do you see why there isnt an 11th year reward? LOL

L

Lord Kynd

i'm totaly fine with them stopping at 10 year rewards ... as lng as they keep adding new stuff each year to the 10th + area

F

Flora Green

cuz they were in the middle of a move from west coast to east coast, and in the middle of a merger with Mythic (if i'm describing it right) and many resultant lay-offs.
Yeah, I'll be honest, I've never heard a company use that excuse so often and for such extended periods of time. It's literally a wonder that EA continues to make money on UO given the way it's run. I mean, consider for a moment that any other company would have to move quickly and get set up in a new location in order to continue to conduct business. However, EA figures, "Ah, who cares, they're still paying us... if it takes us six months to get back on track, oh well."
Wasn't the move announced AFTER the anniversary last year? Regardless, a 10th celebration should have been long beyond planning stages. And they did have a whole year to rehue items for the holiday gifts.

S

Stucky

This is the best idea I'f ever heard for a reward. I'd prefer to automatically cast the llama instead of equiping a spellbook. Im sure you'd need a similar thing for warriors so that complaining non mages don't call the waaambulance.

Way to go! I can't wait to have my mystic llama herders murder the masses!

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whatever it is, there are people that have been playing the game for 11 years, and they get nothing. that is wrong.

11th year vet rewards should have came BEFORE 10th. 11 year players have been around longer so it only makes sense to treat them first after a delay.

big mess as usual from EA. George Bush could probably do a better job running a video game. :sad3:

E

Evilminion

How about an item that keeps people without active UO accounts from trolling on Stratics? ;) ;)

Ohhhh, fine, or a purple ethereal llama. :lick:

F

Finch

I really think they ought to just stop making new rewards beyond the 10th year.

Adding new rewards to each tier up to 10 years would be cool, but I think the max tier should be 10.
Maybe the 11th year and up should be extra picks. That way you can get what you want, and when you have it you can sell other picks. :)