11th year vet reward

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good idea?

• Yes, I'm all for it

Votes: 25 58.1%
  • No. We don't need any gold sinks.

Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
G

gandolfofaol

I say hitching posts would be a great 11th year vet reward. The idea could be used as a gold sink.
#1 To be used they would be required to be placed on the steps of your house.
#2 They would be freely usable by anyone, with a catch. The catch is the fee would be based on whether you are a friend of the house. In any case the fee would be substantially more than the current stable fee.

What say you?

R

Rubican

I don't know about a fee, but I do like idea of making them available to players (by whatever means).

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
Yes, I'm assuming that they function like an in-house stable. If not, really what's the point?

Buy why limit it to the steps? If I were to get one, I'd want to place it at the back of my lot, just outside my stables.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I like it as a Vet reward but make it only placable in Public Houses and make it so like Vendors you can't make the house private while they are there... then make the charge the same as stable slots...

Don't need it as a gold sink but if you place one for deco purposes it should be usable by anyone with access to it.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 24, 2003
I'm all for Hitching posts of some sort. Not as a vet reward though. I would like them to allow you to place them in any home and actually hitch a pet to them. When hitched your pet would become invulnerable just like npc vendors today. Pets would stay out for display even when you logged. It would be a neat way to address the stable slot issue as well.

I always wanted a way to keep a "pet shop" as a vendor. With this in mind, hitching posts could maybe even allow you place hitched pets for sale. Double clicking the post could give you pet stats and the option to purchase the beast if it was for sale. You could place as many posts in your home as long as there was room for the pets.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2001
Ohio
how bout some rewards for 11 yr players who are pks or were at one time that actually do us a damn bit of good.

the people who have kept this game alive get the shaft every time. the 11 yr rewards did nothing for myself. i have 6 reds i dont have a house at a gate so anhk is useless. rest is just stupid trammie clothing.

just keeps gettting more and more lame.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Apr 12, 2001
Denmark
I'm all for Hitching posts of some sort. Not as a vet reward though. I would like them to allow you to place them in any home and actually hitch a pet to them. When hitched your pet would become invulnerable just like npc vendors today. Pets would stay out for display even when you logged. It would be a neat way to address the stable slot issue as well.

I always wanted a way to keep a "pet shop" as a vendor. With this in mind, hitching posts could maybe even allow you place hitched pets for sale. Double clicking the post could give you pet stats and the option to purchase the beast if it was for sale. You could place as many posts in your home as long as there was room for the pets.
I love this idea but I think it can be a problem if a player hitch his pets, logout and go play WOW for a month. You should need to feed your pets each 3 days, else you will risk them to go wild and lose their invulnerable tag.
Or it should be possible for the owner of the hitching post to set daily fee for hitched pets using the post. Max days a player can pay is a week, then he have to repay. If he do not get back before a week and repay, his pet will go wild and lose their invulnerable tag.

D

DHMagicMan_1

how bout some rewards for 11 yr players who are pks or were at one time that actually do us a damn bit of good.

the people who have kept this game alive get the shaft every time. the 11 yr rewards did nothing for myself. i have 6 reds i dont have a house at a gate so anhk is useless. rest is just stupid trammie clothing.

just keeps gettting more and more lame.
What would you like? You have 6 reds and no house and the Vet Rewards are generally not "Uber Stuff" for combat like great weaps or armor...

Maybe a page boy who follows you around and yells every 50 seconds look at (insert name here), he's a great PK with (insert kills here)! ?

Why don't you suggest something you'd like to see?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
For future reference ...

Maple tree! Maple tree! Maple tree!
*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

*regains composure*

( oh yeah, hitching post too :) )

we now return to our regularly sceduled thread ...

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
For future reference ...

Maple tree! Maple tree! Maple tree!
*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

*regains composure*

( oh yeah, hitching post too :) )

we now return to our regularly sceduled thread ...
*cough*BIASED*cough*

I think I'm getting a cold.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
*sulk* How I am supposed to build a reputation as a seer if you are going to come along and revel my sources? :)

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 30, 2004
deco.girlgamer.net
Gotta do a better job of it? =P

Actually, from my understanding, that's a version they will be able to buy in november with the 11th anni awards.

Question is, do we get the same or not.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Neat that the Hitching Post may be coming... I like the look of the fallen log and lamp post for deco stuff... wonder what the ancestors gravestone does (if anything other than deco) and the Bulk Order Covers?

Now that the cat's out of the bag... maybe someone from Mythic will confirm/deny whether this will be coming to the US?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Oct 1, 2006
Crashapeake
community.stratics.com
I say hitching posts would be a great 11th year vet reward. The idea could be used as a gold sink.
#1 To be used they would be required to be placed on the steps of your house.
#2 They would be freely usable by anyone, with a catch. The catch is the fee would be based on whether you are a friend of the house. In any case the fee would be substantially more than the current stable fee.

What say you?
I was always of the mind they add Hitching posts as a buy able item from NPC's for a ton of gold, say 25-50 mil and they would effectively act as a second set of stable slots doubling those you already have. Say if your character could stable 10 pets then you'd get an additional 10 slots only accessible from your home with the hitching post. They would be character bound and buying a second one would do nothing as it would display the same pets "stabled" to it.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Bulk Order Book Cover x 30 and not rechargable as a 11 year reward? I wouldn't use that... the only two I'd consider is the Hitching Post and the Fallen Log (as Deco) and the Hitching Post depending on how you get more of the ropes that it takes to recharge it. At least the people who have been desparate for an Armor Engraving Tool may be getting one, though 30 uses and not rechargable wouldn't interest me...