10 years of playing and i dont know this!!!

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

so im at 66 magery with wond on if i hit a fighter ill gain yes?
but what lv fighter? if it same as fighting skill so i have to fight a 8gp wrestler?

or will a goat do lol

i seem to be training 90% of my uo life lol but i like it but my other mages i did it the old way but this is just niggeling me....

ye posted on mage foram aswell but im a europa lad

G

mage weapons use your magery as if it was a melee skill, so if the wand takes your magery to 66, fight what you would with 66 weaponskill.

G

ty ty ty
i lubs petra

but dont tell!!!

right more slow gains to come lol

G

Although it doesn't seem to apply in your situation I think it's worth noting that if you have, for example, a -xx mage macing weapon and your macing skill is higher than your adjusted magery skill you will not gain in magery.

I

imported_Tabby Kapak

We gm-ed two mages using wands and mage-weapon krysses hitting trolls, but after that we felt it easier to cast magic reflection non-stop. Eventually that spell will get you to 71. Boring as hell, yes, but those trolls could be quite mean!
Note that you'd want to use a mage weapon -29 WITH spell chanelling for gains on casting... but you could even combine hitting and casting with such a mage wand.

Goodluck gaining Pac!