• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event 10/10 @ 7pm PST - Sacrifice

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Kerroth leads you on another expedition to recover a mysterious item

EM_Vereor

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
I want to address for any who missed it, some of the complaints from tonight:

1. Too small of a dungeon -
It is very hard to pick a location that fits into the storyline. We cant just go into a wide open field every time, it just doesn't work story wise (And that's why we do this, for the stories). In my mind, the Blood Dungeon is a nice, big dungeon. There may be some narrow passageways, but its not just a 10x10 tile square you are locked into. I will continue to try to pick locations that make sense story wise, but also are viable gameplay wise.

2. Too much spawn -
I understand why some people are upset. When a monster people think/know is a boss is up, their vision narrows and will only ever attack that. I understand why, but I thought the added spawn would make things a bit more difficult than just, sit and press 1 button half afk. I do apologize if it was a bit too much, and Ill remember that in the future. If problems like that arise, say something in chat, and ill try removing some of it if its too much for the group.

3. Rez Killed -
The issue is being killed repeatedly at a healer. To this, my response is pick a different healer, or have a friend rez you. If you keep dying at one healer, I try to spawn plenty for you all, so go pick another. If for some reason they are too close together, and you are being locked into a area with the heal screens and have no options, let me know so I can move them.

4. Thrower Dominance -
I will continue to try to shape monsters that provide good difficulty for the group, that aren't too easy, and aren't too hard. Its tough trying to get down what works and what doesn't. I don't want to completely negate a playstyle (Like Paroxymous or negating AI Damage) I will continue to try to make good opponents for you all, and trying to find a good medium for everyone to have a fair shot.

Remember, you can always send complaints + feedback to me @ emvereor@gmail.

:)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to address for any who missed it, some of the complaints from tonight:

1. Too small of a dungeon -
It is very hard to pick a location that fits into the storyline. We cant just go into a wide open field every time, it just doesn't work story wise (And that's why we do this, for the stories). In my mind, the Blood Dungeon is a nice, big dungeon. There may be some narrow passageways, but its not just a 10x10 tile square you are locked into. I will continue to try to pick locations that make sense story wise, but also are viable gameplay wise.

2. Too much spawn -
I understand why some people are upset. When a monster people think/know is a boss is up, their vision narrows and will only ever attack that. I understand why, but I thought the added spawn would make things a bit more difficult than just, sit and press 1 button half afk. I do apologize if it was a bit too much, and Ill remember that in the future. If problems like that arise, say something in chat, and ill try removing some of it if its too much for the group.

3. Rez Killed -
The issue is being killed repeatedly at a healer. To this, my response is pick a different healer, or have a friend rez you. If you keep dying at one healer, I try to spawn plenty for you all, so go pick another. If for some reason they are too close together, and you are being locked into a area with the heal screens and have no options, let me know so I can move them.

4. Thrower Dominance -
I will continue to try to shape monsters that provide good difficulty for the group, that aren't too easy, and aren't too hard. Its tough trying to get down what works and what doesn't. I don't want to completely negate a playstyle (Like Paroxymous or negating AI Damage) I will continue to try to make good opponents for you all, and trying to find a good medium for everyone to have a fair shot.

Remember, you can always send complaints + feedback to me @ emvereor@gmail.

:)
I would throw in one additional thought to keep in mind. Mobs with area effect graphics. In small doses or spread out effectively they do not seem to cause an issue, but when there are many of them on the same screen it can cause immense lag and client crashes. Just in the group I was with last night I think each of us crashed at least once.

I also wanted to say thanks for taking all of the feedback in stride. I am sure it can be a challenge trying to design and carry out event for so many different players. I think I can speak for most when I say... even when we get frustrated over something that we think didn't work as well as it could have... we very much appreciate your time and effort.