• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

1 account 2 houses

• Thread starter Bamboozle
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Bamboozle

Is it possible to own 2 houses on 1 account?

Ive been told 2 different things.

1. Its impossible. If you plant a 2nd house your first house will either POOF or decay.

2. Its possible. You can only place a 2nd house after your first house is more than 1 week old, and as a consequence of a 2nd house you lose your autorefresh and need to refresh regularly.

Or....something else?

TY.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will lose the first house when placing a second one. The first house does not instantly poof away into vapor, but rather begins to decay over the course of 7 days.

[Edit]
The only accounts able to keep more than one house by manually refreshing are the ones who already owned multiple houses back when the new housing rules went into effect years ago. Those accounts are grandfathered in and can own multiple homes. However, if one of those accounts places a new house, they lose their grandfathered status, and all the other houses begin the decay cycle.

B

Bamboozle

Lets say I place a 2nd house, and then transfer the original house to another account that does not have a house on it.

Will that bring the originally owned house to NONcondemned status and back to "normal"?

B

Bamboozle

TY for your help! I appreciate it.

Just so that I am 110% clear....(I dont want to lose my original house with all of my goodies in it!)

I can place a 2nd house with my original account and my original house will NOT go poof. It will be in condemned status which will give me approximately 5 days to figure out something.

Then, I can xfer the original house to a new account (1 week old) and the original house will be perfectly normal with no issues.

Does it matter if I have a house allready on the 1 week old account and I destroy/redeed it the same day as placing house #2? Is there a time lag before I can transfer the original house to the 2nd account?

TY very again for your info.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you will have a window of time to transfer house #1 to another account before it falls. But, make sure the account you're transferring it to is NOT a trial account. Trial accounts cannot own homes. If account #2 already owns a house you can either demolish it, or just let it decay by taking the house from the other account.

Now, if you just received (you were traded ownership, not freshly placed) the house that is on the 2nd account there is some sort of a delay before you can accept another house in trade. I don't remember off hand how long this timer is though.

To be perfectly safe here's what I would do:
Take account #1 and place your new house.
Transfer house #1 (now condemned) to account#2 (which already owns a house)
account #2 now owns house #1 (which is no longer condemned), with another house (newly) in a state of decay.
I would then go to the old house on account #2 (the one that's condemned) and demolish the plot if you want the cash back for it, otherwise just let it fall.

So, in summary:
You will now have a new house owned by account #1
Your (current) old house will now be owned by account #2
And the house currently owned by account #2 will either be demolished or in a state of decay.

B

Bamboozle

Perfect. That (if it all works out like you plan it) would be perfect.

Account #1 is my main account with all my characters that I want to have full co-ownership access to everything in the new house. This account has the original house that I wish to keep in my possession.

Account #2 is not a trial account. It is a full account I purchased (new) about 1 week ago. This account has a recently placed house that I will redeed and get my deed gold back. This account only has 1 mule on it, and would prefer it maintains ownership of my secondary (now my primary) house.

So just to be clear (sorry if I am dense).

1. Account #1 places new house. This account now owns 2 houses. The new house is perfectly safe/normal. The original house is now condemned and will begin to decay.

2. Account #1 transfers ownership to account #2. Account #1 now only owns 1 house and it is a safe/normal house. Account #2 owns 2 houses now. The new house on account #2 (acct#1 orig house) is safe/normal. The original account #2 house is now condemned and will begin to decay.

3. Account #2 demolishes the original house on this account which is now condemned and gets the gold back for the deed.

This leaves me with Account #1 with a brand new house just placed that day, and Account #2 with the original house which was transferred from account #1. Both houses are NOT condemned, are safe/normal and have autorefresh/etc....

That sound about right?

B

Bamboozle

TYVM.

Extremely helpful and dang quick on the responses as well!