• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

0 HP still alive while training Necromancy

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does anybody has an idea while training Necromancy, currently while casting Lich Form, the HP goes down to 0?
And the char didn't die when reach 0 points?
upload_2017-2-21_21-35-38.png

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lich form has an HPR penalty with it, you can degenerate life until you hit 0, then you just stay at 0 as you need to get "hit" to actually be killed.

I'm pretty sure even taking "fall damage" can't kill you.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, lich form takes you to zero life and doesn't kill you.

Ive gone to 0 life and been alive before in other ways. Most of the time it was poison related. Id drink em for bottles or to train healing. Or be in a fight and run away and drop to 0 life. But any damage at that point makes you a ghost.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Over a decade ago my paladin was taken to 0 fighting liches that jumped me on the Yew road, as I was doing the Griselda the hag quest.

Luckily, I killed the lich at the same time.
Unluckily, I took ONE step as the lich died, the YELLOW imp spawned, and as part of its usual programmed speech, it took a swipe at me and KILLED ME.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Over a decade ago my paladin was taken to 0 fighting liches that jumped me on the Yew road, as I was doing the Griselda the hag quest.

Luckily, I killed the lich at the same time.
Unluckily, I took ONE step as the lich died, the YELLOW imp spawned, and as part of its usual programmed speech, it took a swipe at me and KILLED ME.
Could a been worse. Could have been a mongbat.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember when the sound of a liche or a gargoyle used to terrify me...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Could a been worse. Could have been a mongbat.
A Mongbat I would have been fine with, as I could have killed it in vengeance - but I got killed by a YELLOW NPC QUEST MONSTER that exists for only 1-2 seconds.

However, I did find out later that in (old) Magincia and the Brit farms map locations, if you (or one of the local NPCs) called for the guards at exactly the right time, you could have him guard-whacked in his second appearance in the quest (the quest would ignore the imp's death). Not as satisfying as beign able to kill it directly, though.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This use to happen when falling of the cliff into the water in middle/east brit to raise healing in the very beginning of UO right near the archery butts. We use to pray no one would come by and wack us!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
You can get to 0 HP from falling as well; it's considered "damaging" but as CovenantX said, "you can degenerate life until you hit 0, then you just stay at 0 as you need to get "hit" to actually be killed."