• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

what gives??... pub 54 we're waiting! / Bob!!!! Give us a status on Pub 54!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im hoping they deploy it sometime today, waited long enough ! 52 and 53 came out at server ups on tuesdays, this is taking too long...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tomorrow will make a week since Origin was published... Must be some major problems on there if its taking this long... It's not like it takes effort to publish shards after the actual work is done, right?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"We are aware of your anxiety, and are working diligently to get this publish out. We can give you more details at a later time, be assured, they will be forthcoming *soon*

:p

C

Connor_Graham

I'd like to know as well. I was expecting it today since no huge issues were reported that I've seen. I've got about 1k items that I need to get turned in to clear out space in my house so I can resize and redesign it.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have 4 castles full of loot, last pub took me 8 hours of turning in, this one will take double that easily

K

Kensai Tsunami

imagine a world where the folks at EA actually communicate with us?
yeah ...uh huh ...*nods like a bobble head doll*
would be nice for some word from them.
i agree there must be some probs w/it or they would have rolled it out already.
after you play this game for a few yrs you will get used to it.
after all they are extremely busy trying to appease the cry-babies no?
heh

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What the title says. I bet 25k on Great Lakes he doesn't come out of hiding to answer.

A

Aboo

Jeremy's temporary replacement.
Temporary as in she's on vacation or something? Thanks for the reply.

Okay Bob, you have very big shoes to fill so what's the status on Pub 54?

K

Kensai Tsunami

i bet he doesn't even know this site exists!

...or how to find it if he does.
*sigh*

COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"It's called 'Death Therapy', Bob..."

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would think that with character transfer being down the publish is going to have to wait until the issues are solved. Seems like a logical reason we have yet to get the publish.

K

Kurgan

Next week I'll be on vacation, and Bob is going to be holding down the fort for me. Please send FoF announcements (and the usual issues) to rmull AT ea DOT com, and don't be too hard on the guy! He will be doing a Five on Friday next week, although it will probably be slightly... nonstandard :)

- Jeremy

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would think that with character transfer being down the publish is going to have to wait until the issues are solved. Seems like a logical reason we have yet to get the publish.
Ok, so the entire publish has to wait so they can fix a service used by a minority of legit players and the majority or gold/item for real life cash sellers...? Is that what you're saying? That's not that logical.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I already emailed him, but he's not gonna reply back. Figured I might as well post here too.

L

Lariat

To the theme of "Car 54 Where Are You?"
Wav file of the theme song here.

There's a hold up in West Brit,
Yew Gate's broken out in fights.
There's a scripter in the dojo
That's been farming there for nights.
Our complaints, they have been filed,
Now the code has been compiled...
Pub 54, Where Are You?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Bob is actually Jeremy's boss, good lord don't you people pay even the SLIGHTEST bit of attention?? *rolls eyes* GOD you people kill me sometimes.

:grouphug:

Seriously though I know Jeremy is on Vaction, I know Bob is a VERY busy man, I know about busy cus I haven't even logged ON to UO but for like an hour this past week cus I have a life.....I HATE when that happens :mf_prop:

But yeah just keep buggin him here I guess....I been keepin an eye on the herald just the same as the rest of ya, can't do much else lol. I"ve managed to help kill one stranger WOOT lol, so I'm gonna be shoppin for my Gems and special box and hope someone is willing to part with one fairly cheap cus I need one..just for posterity...UGH failure....maybe this Friday we'll find something out...funny cus my youngest is gonna be 5 years old so I"ll be havin my own Five on Friday *laughs*

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

C

concernedplayer

Ok, so the entire publish has to wait so they can fix a service used by a minority of legit players and the majority or gold/item for real life cash sellers...? Is that what you're saying? That's not that logical.
Really? So basically before they introduce all the great new gifts with the turnin which you're dying for the publish to come in for ... you'd rather them introduce it a day or two early so you can get your 1 item and the dupers can get 10,000 of them?

And if you want to sell your 1 item, it can compete with the dupers who will sell it 10 times cheaper because they produced it out of thin air? And if you would rather use it instead, the special feeling from owning something unique diminishes because 99% of the same item being worn by everyone else is a dupe, thats what you want to get your items a couple days earlier?

I'm curious, if you could clean up all the dupes of the past, so they never had to ban 400 accounts and delete trillions of gold, and 99% of the artifacts in the game that were duped disappeared, and all the scumbag dupers never got a single penny from any of it ... if you could fix all that just by waiting another week to get your artifact, would you?

Might not seem logical to you but it does to me.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really? So basically before they introduce all the great new gifts with the turnin which you're dying for the publish to come in for ... you'd rather them introduce it a day or two early so you can get your 1 item and the dupers can get 10,000 of them?

And if you want to sell your 1 item, it can compete with the dupers who will sell it 10 times cheaper because they produced it out of thin air? And if you would rather use it instead, the special feeling from owning something unique diminishes because 99% of the same item being worn by everyone else is a dupe, thats what you want to get your items a couple days earlier?

I'm curious, if you could clean up all the dupes of the past, so they never had to ban 400 accounts and delete trillions of gold, and 99% of the artifacts in the game that were duped disappeared, and all the scumbag dupers never got a single penny from any of it ... if you could fix all that just by waiting another week to get your artifact, would you?

You totally beat me to it lol. Seriously they are not about to introduce MORE ITEMS while trying to combat a dupe issue.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

As far as I know the duping issue is caused by character transfers... So what would be the problem in leaving it down for an extra bit of time. And if this duping issue was oh so important to them... Why did they spend the time working on the publish, put it on TC, put it on Origin, THEN decide to spend their time working on a fix?

E

Emil IsTemp

Bob!?

Quite frankly, sounds made up.

Jer was the one and only person from EA working on our game. Shes on vaccation. Now the janitor at EA just pokes the servers with his broom when somthing goes wrong...

S

Sunrise

Im waiting for Pub 54 also myself BIG TIME.

Now for the cheats, scrpiters, duppers and the low lifes that use this stuff. Most of us have been playing UO a LONG TIME! I remember way back when watching people scripit magery while in BRIT!

The cheats have been around for a long time. the devs have done what they could do to tone it down, but for ever ban another 2 pop back up. Wasting pixles on a problem that been going strong for 10 years now is like beating your head on the wall hopping the computer fixes itself.

The cheats are a problem. They are not going to go away no matter how long you yell and scream about it. Heck how long did we all yell till suddenly thy houses caught on fire? Now shouldn't those cheating house fires be put out now?

UO Is known for this saying. Buyer beware. There you go. Quit looking at UO to fix a problem that they wont fix. Now its time to:

1 if you rent a vendor spot for someone ask them what they are selling. Check up on them.

2. Tell friends and guildes hey dont buy this or that for its a dupe item. Or might be. Again tho buyer beware.

3. Now this is thy big one. DON'T buy the stuff. Simple as that. Now I know this is hard for we all have 10 billion gold checks and none of us want to spend the hours it takes to do bods and mine the hard honest way. If you want to end duping and scripting. Quit buying thy stuff. last time I checked no newbie had 10 million gold right off thy bat. Maybe an new home but not that much gold.

Buy from trusted friends. Heck go back to OLD school of UO which everyone talks about and do thy mining for hours. Thy bods for hours etc etc. If people quit buying from cheaters the cheaters will go away. Its supply and demand. Continue buying the cheats they will keep stocking them. Then they will turn around and sell the gold back to you so you can buy more of there cheats.

Thats my two cents. I do beleive cheater, dupers etc etc should be hung from the largest tree in Brit with thy shortest rope, but its time to try something else other than yelling at thy devs...for nothing really gets done after all...

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Congratulations! They are so much fun at that age. My youngest turned 29 today!

29?? I don't even wanna think about my youngest bein 29...they grow up TOO fast *laughs*

C

concernedplayer

As far as I know the duping issue is caused by character transfers... So what would be the problem in leaving it down for an extra bit of time. And if this duping issue was oh so important to them... Why did they spend the time working on the publish, put it on TC, put it on Origin, THEN decide to spend their time working on a fix?
I HOPE its not because they just realized the duping was going on. The duping has been a serious problem for months. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed they didn't suddenly go "oh my gosh there's dupes!" and shut the system off the same day, that would be horrible. I would HOPE that they have a good handle on the trillions of gold worth of illegitimate items in the game, who has duped what, where it all is and how to get rid of it all, not just waking up to the concept that the whole economy of Ultima Online has been devastated to a point where there's no coming back.

Thats what I hope, but of course it appears with them - nearly coming out with this publish then delaying - that I'm wrong. The economy is permanently screwed AND EA just realized it a few days ago.

The duper bunch I'm assuming is the same bunch as last time. I'm assuming they're a whole lot better now at preserving their ill gotten gains. Someone loses $200,000 worth of stock, they scratch their heads and say "hmm how can I not lose $200,000 again?" A whole ton survived the last 400 account banning / trillions of gold and items deletion ... what you think the chances are they hid their items a little better this time around?

And worst of all, they SAID the last time around that they were tracking the dupers for SIX MONTHS! For half a year they knew about them but they didn't do a single damn thing about them for SIX MONTHS except keep their eyes on them to see where they hid stuff. I hope it doesn't take them that long this time around to get their act together.

EA needs to finally wake up and realize, they made this game into an item based game. Items matter. Dupers made the effort required to get any important item too much effort for the value, you can't obtain anything that they can do a million times easier and sell for as cheap as necessary to make it a worthless pursuit for anyone doing so legitimately.

EA needs to hire an employee. Simple job for this employee, "What? There's a vendor in Luna with 100 barbed runic kits on it? Hmm let me see whats going on here. Hmm this account doesn't even have a tailor on it. Let me quarantine all these kits until the owner can explain to me how they got em all." ... Run searches on the database, wow this house has a bod book of 500 valorite kits in it, that doesn't seem legit at all ... then ban the house and account. Set up a special email at EA for player-provided tips on where to find duped items. Add a feature to the game where players can report a vendor they believe are selling items that are not legitimate, for a quick glance-over by this employee once a day.

Do this 1 instance at a time, not all at the end of 6 months. After a month of that then the dupers will realize they can't sell anything massively in the game without being sniffed out and banned or items confiscated. What can dupers do with all their stuff if they can't sell it on a massive scale? Sell it on a small and barely noticeable scale? Isn't that a good thing?

S

Sunrise

You bring up a great point. Totally. There is just one catch with it. EA would have to spend money on UO. That I doubt will ever happen.

Tho I have to say I hope thy players of today that are thy future programmers of tomorrow read this today and make thy new games of tomorrow learn from whats going on and ways to stop it.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Next week I'll be on vacation, and Bob is going to be holding down the fort for me. Please send FoF announcements (and the usual issues) to rmull AT ea DOT com, and don't be too hard on the guy! He will be doing a Five on Friday next week, although it will probably be slightly... nonstandard :)

- Jeremy
I think "Bob" is like most of the gm's we have in game.. "Fictional"!!

L

love2winalot

Ea does not really care. I will prove it. There are dozens of post about Dupers, and Ideas for Gold sinks, to help fix the economy. "ALL STARTED BY DIFFERENT PLAYERS". Not a single one by EA/Mythic. Not once have they said anything about the UO Economy.

When the people who run the game don't care, and they are the only ones who can do something about it, then it is a waste of time and effort for the players to care. Simply put, EA will do what it wants to do, when it wants to do it, NO MATTER WHAT THE PLAYER BASE SAYS.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There really is a Bob???? I thought that was code for "John Doe" or NOBODY... fictitious person named to fool us or lull us into thinking someone at EA other than Jeremy and Draconi read the boards or emails about UO.... Not that I expect anyone from EA/UO to say anything this week.

Please click the egg/hatchling and help my dragons grow.

A

AesSedai

I secretly hope he doesn't reply after all of the prodding I've read.
I'd almost rather he joke about this in his FoF note.
Last we were told, in the last FoF, was that pub 54: "should hit the live severs next week". But more importantly it said: "barring [any] disaster".

Hmm: To throw it out potentially broken or fix it before release?
Hrm: Hold her back, as long as necessary please; otherwise we often have fivefold the outcries and negativity...

F

Flora Green

Seems to me Bob had *one* post some time ago. Which basically said nothing but the usual fluff and towing the EA/Mythic line. Communication in the form of the reps is seriously lacking since Wilki left the position. I didn't always like what he had to say or how he said, but at least he did his job!

They won't even answer about something like the cocoa trees. I wouldn't hold my breath about anything more important.

A

AesSedai

Seems to me Bob had *one* post some time ago.
- Yes he did; and I think he responded to it a bit as well (looks like we'll be able to read them too, soon).

Cocoa trees? I mean coconuts are great and all; but surely they are working on some pretty important UO stuffs. Let them work; and talk later if need be.

D

Desolation87

People, people!! Were going about this all wrong. 'Bob' works for EA right? So I'm guessing he may be mexican. Anyone know any spanish???