• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UO Store! Seriously? No codes in the receipt anymore?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So is this a new thing that you don't get your code immediately when you purchase Gametime?

I always got the code instantly in the past, right on the same screen confirming the purchase.

I've already received an email receipt and the charge has already hit my bank but still no code.

I haven't played in a few years. This is ********.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We are aware but sadly you need to rip into Origin because they are the ones ultimately responsible for this travisty... it's just pathetic.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it's been almost five hours and still no freaking code.

Maybe it's time to let all my accounts go.

How ****ing long should it take to generate a damn computer code?

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I waited for over a day to get my game time code. I am hesitant to order the expansions for my new account because of this.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I believe for the game time code and legends, that these were emailed to me within a day. the other codes for in for rustic theme and such were emailed me after i put them in to be activated, and the in game store was immediate after i put code in to be activated.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this issue, it turns out, on the receipt on the website it gives you what is called a "product code" this is actually your gametime code (but given in the wrong format).

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this issue, it turns out, on the receipt on the website it gives you what is called a "product code" this is actually your gametime code (but given in the wrong format).
That's the way it's always been for me in the past. Not this time. There was no CODE at all of any kind. The code did get emailed to me approx. 12 hours later.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is this a new thing that you don't get your code immediately when you purchase Gametime?

I always got the code instantly in the past, right on the same screen confirming the purchase.

I've already received an email receipt and the charge has already hit my bank but still no code.

I haven't played in a few years. This is ********.
If you didn't receive the code on the same page, then you used a "shwarmaming" card and not a popularly accepted one.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you didn't receive the code on the same page, then you used a "shwarmaming" card and not a popularly accepted one.
Interesting statement. The one I used was a debit card tied into a bank account. Never had issues at all except for here.
Try and defend stupidity all you want, but this is the hardest, weirdest company to do business with, in all its phases, in the world.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting statement. The one I used was a debit card tied into a bank account. Never had issues at all except for here.
Try and defend stupidity all you want, but this is the hardest, weirdest company to do business with, in all its phases, in the world.
I"m not defending them, hell I attack them more than praise. :)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(not directed at OP) I am sure the op has a legit problem

Well just look at the player base (lol) your so old you need depends or so young your balls haven't dropped yet. 95% of origins problems are user error, not reading instructions, no patients, no real life business computer skills, Computer rage(like road rage), customers who return after long periods and did not keep up with current passwords/protections/ ...... or any combination of the already mentioned and a few other non-PC reasons.

Just to be fair I fall in the borderline old category with mild computer rage, and still have never had a single problem with any origin sales in 17+ years...

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well just look at the player base (lol) your so old you need depends or so young your balls haven't dropped yet.
I don't think this is accurate, the vast majority of people I know in UO are between the ages of 30-50 which is neither extremely young or extremely old. People in that age range have to be at least somewhat competent with computer skills just to survive in the modern world, like using an online banking website or using computer programs for their jobs. Even traditionally low-tech jobs like being a plumber or construction worker are still forced to use technology on the job at some point in the modern world.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience its been as I described. Most I run into may not be...young but certainly behave as such. The age group you describe( not all) the methicans, drugged, drunk, over medicated and all screaming about their various mental conditions... its a wonder why "its so hard to navigate a web page".

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used the same type of card I've always used, a VISA debit card. Also I've had the same bank now for over ten years.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe it really comes down to how often you use your card to make store purchases. If I go a few months without making a purchase I get the delay if I make a purchase or 20 weekly it is instant. If I use a card other than the primary one I usually make the purchases with I get the delay the first purchase or two and then it is instant. Longest delay I have ever had was 48 hours most of the delays are less than 24 unless it is on a weekend. Really not that big of a deal as it protects you and them from fraud.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My pet pees about the store, #1 Pet bonding potions dropped to 300 Sov when the Taming quest came out, but less then two weeks later they jumped back up to 500 Sov. #2 then the advance char token is removed, all we can buy is the Mys token now, which is 2500 Sov. I wanted a advance char token for another shard to make a tamer like we have done across several shards over the years. Yes, I know the Mys Char can give 90 skill pts in five skills, but the advance was cheaper tp buy then the Mys. #3 Pet brand iron, should have 100 charges for the cost.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My pet pees about the store, #1 Pet bonding potions dropped to 300 Sov when the Taming quest came out, but less then two weeks later they jumped back up to 500 Sov. #2 then the advance char token is removed, all we can buy is the Mys token now, which is 2500 Sov. I wanted a advance char token for another shard to make a tamer like we have done across several shards over the years. Yes, I know the Mys Char can give 90 skill pts in five skills, but the advance was cheaper tp buy then the Mys. #3 Pet brand iron, should have 100 charges for the cost.
Could be worse I remember when you had to call, sit on hold and they applied the advanced character to your toon in the old prison. The store really has came a long way since then :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Could be worse I remember when you had to call, sit on hold and they applied the advanced character to your toon in the old prison. The store really has came a long way since then :)
I remember doing that when you bought Name Change tokens... Also remember having the GM come and talk about weddings...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
So have you guys got your tips and tricks down yet for the UO Store? Maybe we can print up a strategy guide? The UO Store is as full of rumors and tricks to get it to work as the game :p

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Maybe we can print up a strategy guide?
That... is actually a good idea. Stratics has guides for lots of things. Why not a guide on how to use the new UO store from start to finish?

How to buy sovereigns, how to use the sovereigns etc.

It could be made as a Stratics article.