• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reduce Chivalry to 2/6 casting?

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Chiv users are hard to kill. Big deal, its not like Chiv users are killing people. They've been nerfed in the past and no one seemed to complain. Ninjas are hard to kill yet all they have to do is right click for a bit and hide or use a smoke bomb. Even with as easy as it is to get hidden they simply come back to cheap shot. I find ninjas more annoying than Palladins. At least a chiv player stays on screen. If its not over powered offensively who cares?

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Chiv users are hard to kill. Big deal, its not like Chiv users are killing people. They've been nerfed in the past and no one seemed to complain. Ninjas are hard to kill yet all they have to do is right click for a bit and hide or use a smoke bomb. Even with as easy as it is to get hidden they simply come back to cheap shot. I find ninjas more annoying than Palladins. At least a chiv player stays on screen. If its not over powered offensively who cares?
Well, one issue with it is that it is not tied to another skill like its counter part- necromancy. So, it can easily be paired with high offense and max defense.

Secondly, if someone were to take the time to cast strangle, curse, corpse, oath, omen... and then someone can cast 1 spell that is a .25 second cast and remove it all- there is something way unblanced about that. Remove curse should 1. remove only one curse at a time 2.Up the mana 3. Reduce speed. Probably some sort of a combo of that would be best. The instant cure should NOT cure LP every time. And the heals should either be slowed down or heal less. Tying it to karma was such a bone headed idea that in turn let it become overly powerful.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry has been the anti Necro for years. No one complained about it after changes that were made to it years ago(NO toggle specials while casting, nerf to divine fury, tacts requirement for specials etc) Yea its going to be a bane to your necro but its not going to kill your necro either. If its some other skill that's killing you that's one thing. Chivalry is not. Again if your going to complain about Paladins being hard to kill, start complaining about ninjas too. Smokebomb,stealth,hiding is literally an invuln macro to anyone that halfway knows what they are doing. Add in parry and pretty much no dexer or archer will even have a chance to kill one. Thing is ninjas and Paladins are very limited offensively, that's the drawback. Diversity is a good thing, every template being an easy kill to whatever rinse and repeat combos that are out there is not a good thing.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry has been the anti Necro for years. No one complained about it after changes that were made to it years ago(NO toggle specials while casting, nerf to divine fury, tacts requirement for specials etc) Yea its going to be a bane to your necro but its not going to kill your necro either. If its some other skill that's killing you that's one thing. Chivalry is not. Again if your going to complain about Paladins being hard to kill, start complaining about ninjas too. Smokebomb,stealth,hiding is literally an invuln macro to anyone that halfway knows what they are doing. Add in parry and pretty much no dexer or archer will even have a chance to kill one. Thing is ninjas and Paladins are very limited offensively, that's the drawback. Diversity is a good thing, every template being an easy kill to whatever rinse and repeat combos that are out there is not a good thing.
First, you completely ignored how it is not tied to another skill like necro. Secondly, you did not address how it could be considered fair at all at that cast to remove all of those curses. It is not that it is "hard to kill." It is how overpowering remove curse is and then how it does not line up time wise vs how powerful it is. For instance- mages have to cast arch cure and then only have a 66% chance of curing an LP with a cast time that is about 3x longer than chivalry and chivalry rarely ever fails when max karma. Mages mini heal for about 11 vs a 33+ damage close wounds. Mages have to stand and cast a 7th circle spell to dispel- chivalry people can do it while running. It is simply balancing that has been long overdue.

Lastly, yes, people did complain and have complained about it for years. I know because I have complained for well over 10 years. So that is a false statement right off the bat.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In order to properly look at this issue, you need to go all the way back to when chivalry was introduced. Once you are there mentally, take note of the armor and jewels you see people wearing at the time. Now that you have a proper mental picture of the game then, compare the items then to what we have in game now. You should see a huge disparity in the quality and property weight between the two eras. With that in mind, perhaps you might reconsider the need for rebalancing since items are 10X the potency they were when AoS was released.

No, I would not consider paladins to be a limited class...as others have mentioned again and again, there is no tertiary skill to tie chivalry to...only karma. This makes chivalry one of the most versatile skills to add to a template...

I agree with diversity, but I also believe that skills should be balanced to the rest of the skill sets in the game.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my opinion this is a dead thread and topic.
Yep, your opinion this thread has been an overwhelming "I love soup, I love soup!"

Please, in 100 words or less, explain why chivalry shouldn't be nerfed and how your love of soup will be affected if it is nerfed.