• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Misprint?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Explosive Goo
Trains the creature in the Explosive Goo area effect, causing a fiery spray on nearby victims causing energy damage

Explosive Goo Fiery Spray

Please Like this post if it should say Fire Damage.

Thanks

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm...this isn't facebook or twitter.....I don't have to "like" a post just to raise your status because you found a "error".
I come here to escape the "entitled generation", seems it's getting harder to do so...:facepalm:
Haha, the people who most annoy me are the holier-than-thou people.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Kyronix @Bleak

Explosive Goo
Trains the creature in the Explosive Goo area effect, causing a fiery spray on nearby victims causing energy damage

Thanks
One would think with a name like EXPLOSIVE it would be Fire however.... I actually prefer that it's Energy.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Erm...this isn't facebook or twitter.....I don't have to "like" a post just to raise your status because you found a "error".
I come here to escape the "entitled generation", seems it's getting harder to do so...:facepalm:
Considering how he phrased the statement it seems it was more of a request (The term please is the dead giveaway).
Not sure how a like raises ones status here. Not sure how it raises it anywhere to be honest.
Entitled seems to be the buzz word of the month lately. Hate to break it to you but your fathers and your grandfather's said the same thing about your generation. Their grandfathers said the same thing about them.
....and yes I believe it should say fire. However I did not like the post... There goes my status.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering how he phrased the statement it seems it was more of a request (The term please is the dead giveaway).
Not sure how a like raises ones status here. Not sure how it raises it anywhere to be honest.
Entitled seems to be the buzz word of the month lately. Hate to break it to you but your fathers and your grandfather's said the same thing about your generation. Their grandfathers said the same thing about them.
....and yes I believe it should say fire. However I did not like the post... There goes my status.
Likes are a Fb thing, everyone's always on about "like this" or "like my picture" blah blah..just seems that mentality is spilling over to Stratics. If I like something i'll click the button myself and don't need to be told, no matter how polite they are...
One could say how are more likes going to sway the Devs when they don't even read Stratics.
Better to go tell them in person at one of the meet and greets this month if you want it changed.
As for the "Entitled generation" they are the ones born After 2000, the ones who just expect everything to be given to them for zero work input.
My generation had to work damb hard for our pocket money at the end of the week.
There were no computers and TV was still 4 channels, I can tell you that I earned everything I got as a teenager and was in full time employment by the age of 16.
Parents didn't think their kids were "entitled" back then, better off but not entitled.
These days if a kid hasn't got a smartphone by the age of 10 they are threatening you with child services for cruelty......

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These days if a kid hasn't got a smartphone by the age of 10 they are threatening you with child services for cruelty......
I got my first phone 16 years ago, when I was 15. I was at a Halloween event at the elementary school (marching band went down there to play some songs for a parade they had), when the building lost power. When we got back to the HS (which I believe also lost power), I had tried to reach both my parents for some time, but couldn't. We decided to get cell phones for emergencies like that; I always had it with me in case something happened. Smartphone? I got my first one a few years ago - my previous phone was losing calls at random, poor battery life, etc.

If flip phones were still a popular thing, I'd likely have stayed with it. If I ever have kids, they aren't getting a phone until they're in HS. If flip phones still exist at that point, that's what they're getting. They can get the iPhone 50 on their own dime.

Last edited:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I got my first phone in 2003 when I was 17. I basically only used it to call my parents and let them know if I would be staying late for Football or Track practice after school and need a ride home, or in the RARE event of an emergency. I didn't even have it turned on during school hours - it simply wasn't necessary. There was none of this texting non-stop or having full internet in the palms of your hands during school hours. Kids weren't doing the "zombie walk" with their heads down, flipping through pages upon pages of social media blather. Sadly, a lot of this is just another example of young people being turned into these mindless snowflakes.

Luckily, some places are starting to fight back - as evidenced here:
Madison students required to disconnect from social media apps in pilot program

Sorry for contributing to the derailment of the topic - leaving it as Energy Damage is should be fine if that is the correct damage the spell/ability is doing.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Likes are a Fb thing, everyone's always on about "like this" or "like my picture" blah blah..just seems that mentality is spilling over to Stratics. If I like something i'll click the button myself and don't need to be told, no matter how polite they are...
One could say how are more likes going to sway the Devs when they don't even read Stratics.
Better to go tell them in person at one of the meet and greets this month if you want it changed.
As for the "Entitled generation" they are the ones born After 2000, the ones who just expect everything to be given to them for zero work input.
My generation had to work damb hard for our pocket money at the end of the week.
There were no computers and TV was still 4 channels, I can tell you that I earned everything I got as a teenager and was in full time employment by the age of 16.
Parents didn't think their kids were "entitled" back then, better off but not entitled.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's humorous how sensitive the people complaining about others being sensitive are. :p

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Not you! If you have noticed, when you put a post here @ a dev. They will Like it to show you that they saw it.

So far, unless they haven't read it yet. It is energy damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One would think with a name like EXPLOSIVE it would be Fire however.... I actually prefer that it's Energy.

None of the area damages are FIRE. If Explosive Goo is energy damage then there are 2 that do energy..... Why do we need 2?

Aura of Energy
Trains the creature in the Aura of Energy area effect, causing energy damage to nearby targets.
Explosive Goo
Trains the creature in the Explosive Goo area effect, causing a fiery spray on nearby victims causing energy damage.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak

Explosive Goo

Thanks
And those who think that I think I am entitled.

I am not asking any of you plebs for input or opinions.

This post is not a survey, so get out of here you entitled peons.

:)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
None of the area damages are FIRE. If Explosive Goo is energy damage then there are 2 that do energy..... Why do we need 2?

Aura of Energy
Trains the creature in the Aura of Energy area effect, causing energy damage to nearby targets.
Explosive Goo
Trains the creature in the Explosive Goo area effect, causing a fiery spray on nearby victims causing energy damage.
Well for me I took it simply because the Dread Spider does 20 Physical and 80 Poison... so I wanted a 3rd sort of damage for him so he could tackle a variety of foes with varying resists...

I'll say this though... I noticed while in the Tokuno Mines that he can do damage across the walls of the cavern... some 10 to 15 tiles away even... I can hardly wait to test him at a champ spawn... He takes out drakes and dragons like he's cutting through butter... Greaters give him a bit more challenge but he can take on the Ancient wyrm with no difficulty... my guess is that with 3 or 4 people all with the little devils they could take Rikki... But I don't know. He can do some serious damage. But the spiders are FAST... wicked fast. And people were fearing a bird? Anyway haven't tested him much PvP wise I did have a friend come see what he was doing at level 4 ... I want to test that again at level 5 now that he has been trained up more... once I finish leveling him I might test him again see how severe he can be with PvP... my guess is that I might actually be able to defend myself some with this guy. Though most will carry slayers... unlike my Cu which topped at 1057 HP the spider only got a bit over 500 but I think his speed, agility and wicked poison will make him more of a threat.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So has it been confirmed? Explosive goo is energy damage? Or a typo?

Would be nice to know
Not officially. If they saw this question I would hope they would have put it in the quick fix.

I'm trusting they saw and it is energy created from a Fiery Explosion.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I ever have kids, they aren't getting a phone until they're in HS. If flip phones still exist at that point, that's what they're getting. They can get the iPhone 50 on their own dime.
Haha! You think so? Man those kids are VERYYY persuasive. Once mom says yea..it's a yea. Regardless of what we want..