• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

We Demand VVV items Put Back on Siege Help make this Server Fun Again

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Can you wear VvV artifacts in Luna on ATL?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The argument that it creates an imbalance between a Red or blue VvVer vs a PvMer is just stupid. I basically have the exact same mods on the suit I am wearing right now, just as if I was wearing the artifacts. The imbalance is already there. ( If they are not geared like me ) The difference is, with the artifacts it is easier for me to replace the suits.
So you just want the VvVers to have an easy button that non-VvVers can´t have?
And no, "Just join VvV" is not the answer and we all know that.

Siege isn´t split up like the prodo shards are. We´re all under one sky. Everything affects everyone. There´s more than PvPers on Siege.

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Did you know that the VVV items break much faster than normal Items? So if you did PVP with them, it would take about 5 mins of PVM before that item is zero durability.
Once again, you still need to collect towns, and I do feel the VVV prices on siege should be 1500 Per item, making it a bit more difficult to farm those Items…
I have 3 accounts I use to play siege, I have a T hunter, I have a red and I have a sampire…. So I’m doing everything I can to farm items to pvp. But at the end of the day it’s really not worth all this trouble for the minimum.
I’m very good at hunting and getting Items. However, I’m not a Pk or a PVPer even, I do like to pvm but my last week has been spent hunting which is something 95% of the pvpers will do.
You keep bringing up Production servers but most production servers use Loot from shadow guard or other high end Places. But any person who is new into pvp relies on those VVV items so they may constantly pvp and they are not at too much of a disadvantage.
And I have built a **** ton of suits. There is nothing wrong with allowing the pvpers to have this bottom tier gear. With the gear collected from High End Pvp and from farming you can easily destroy any suit made from VVV arties if the skill level is there…

Final note the only way for people to engage and get familiar with pvp is to do it… and if their resources are limited then the risk factor is not worth the reward. As I said before you have limited pvp to PKing tamers and t hunters who are farming due to the removal of items.

And why did you do this?

• People don’t Log on and Kill you everyday who don’t play here
  • Your player base economy of 30 people will suffer

• You are selfish and want siege as your own personal community.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Final note the only way for people to engage and get familiar with pvp is to do it… and if their resources are limited then the risk factor is not worth the reward. As I said before you have limited pvp to PKing tamers and t hunters who are farming due to the removal of items.
A lot of people don't like pvp, and don't want to learn to like it. That is perfectly valid. They don't need to be talked out of it. It's like trying to talk prodo people into playing siege. They don't want it, it's not going to happen. Let it go.

Also, can we just drop this "I don't want to pk! I'm a victim of circumstance!" pretense? It's rubbish. VvV items won't stop people from pking one iota. Especially when we have been told time and time again in this argument that VvV items aren't even good. If Imbued items aren't enough to stop you from pking people, VvV items, that are, I think it can be argued, considerably more difficult to acquire, will not change things.

You like to pvp, you like to pk people, it's just as valid as not wanting to. It's ok to try to argue for things that would improve that experience for you.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your trying to make points about something you know nothing about. You dont participate in VvV. You dont PvP.

The argument that it creates an imbalance between a Red or blue VvVer vs a PvMer is just stupid. I basically have the exact same mods on the suit I am wearing right now, just as if I was wearing the artifacts. The imbalance is already there. ( If they are not geared like me ) The difference is, with the artifacts it is easier for me to replace the suits. Which I SHOULD get because I AM participating in the PvP system that actually promotes PVP here. Before you farmed monsters for silver where now you must claim towns. This is suppose to be the shard with real risk. Where is my reward?

This shard is unique enough with being a fel ruleset everywhere and no insurance. We had the artifacts before in factions, and there was way more pvp to be had by all. Im also convinced that there was no one that actually pvped on Siege in that focus group that had them removed to fit their own playstyle.

Put the artifacts USEABLE BY ALL back onto Siege at least on a trial basis, and see what happens. Then make a new focus group to discuss. ( NoN VvVers wearing artifacts will be flagged orange until death)
@Kyronix can we please get a response on this?
The consensus at the time of initial development for VvV was that the Siege community did not want the VvV artifacts on Siege. We look forward to continued to discussion on this topic. Feel free to send us any feedback to [email protected]

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

Siege isn´t split up like the prodo shards are. We´re all under one sky. Everything affects everyone. There´s more than PvPers on Siege.
Its not an easy button man what do you not understand about that? You have to claim alters in towns where other people are there to do that same thing. That means you have to pvp for those items. You think thats easy? Sure people could run stealthers to try and farm silver, but I definately wouldnt make it easy for them to do it. I have to risk my good suit to try and get enough silver for the arties. Different than you risking your lrc suit with a stealth tamer.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The consensus at the time of initial development for VvV was that the Siege community did not want the VvV artifacts on Siege. We look forward to continued to discussion on this topic. Feel free to send us any feedback to [email protected]
We was scared of the effect Factions Artifacts had on Siege, but the game is different now

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran

The siege community had a point with the current faction system ... But you also need to realize that the old System required zero PVP or faction involvement to obtain VVV items meaning their booty needs to be in towns and working sigils to get VVV points. You can increase the points required and also use the faction arties as a sell back... But Siege has always had a very rich Faction program and has always lead to tons of pvp (Good/Evil System) which is not also gone.. If someone dies and loses their vvv items and gets looted, those items can be sold for Other siege items. Soulstones, Pigment Dyes. Things that siege is deprived of currently.

Hell you can even put a time limit on each item as well. Or a Zero Repair.. There are a lot of things you can do instead of removing the items that PvPers need to participate on this server....

Once again When this server was banging, all you needed was a tailor and a bag of regs everyone was happy... And as you captured towns collected silver you were able to craft Runic Armor or weapons for pvp.. that was your incentive. So Please Help us make siege fun again.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No it is not.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you wear VvV artifacts in Luna on ATL?
Yes. But the ones who are likely to wear them in Luna on Atl are pvp'ers who are either burning counts or buying/selling.

There's more than pvp'ers on Atl too, so that argument holds no water. The pvp'ers (except for the gz-hugging blues, who only come out of the gz when a bunch of people are already attacking someone) are all in vvv.

I have (finished and suited) chars on LS and Atl. I have chars to train on GL, Cats, and Chessy. On Cats and Chessy I currently have vvv items to get me to 2/6. Whenever I get scrolls and a good suit, I will stop using the vvv Orny and Crys Ring. That is what they are designed for - items to get you started. If any are used after that, it's likely 1-2 max, and that's just for the mods on them (i.e. the vvv Crimson Cincture.)

edit: Went out the door and didn't finish a thought. Fixed it now.

Last edited:

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Its not an easy button man what do you not understand about that? You have to claim alters in towns where other people are there to do that same thing. That means you have to pvp for those items. You think thats easy? Sure people could run stealthers to try and farm silver, but I definately wouldnt make it easy for them to do it. I have to risk my good suit to try and get enough silver for the arties. Different than you risking your lrc suit with a stealth tamer.
It can be easily done . when vvv started here there was one guy that got to the top of the leader board by having two alts in another guild , he killed them over and over and claimed the altars at times when no one was on. at least noone who could stop him

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It can be easily done . when vvv started here there was one guy that got to the top of the leader board by having two alts in another guild , he killed them over and over and claimed the altars at times when no one was on. at least noone who could stop him
Right and there is nothing wrong with that.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
And there is not much you can do about that. In factions some people would load up accounts in the opposing faction, and set the tithe rate to 100 so we couldnt get silver. There is just somethings that people will always abuse. Right now there is no reason for people to come to the towns. Vvv has been out long enough for people to collect the deco. Now they never come back, but if they needed to replenish the artifacts that had timers on them that would keep them coming back.

Look, I started here only a few years ago, and it was hard here. Not having much stuff in regards to suit making made it that way, but it was the faction artifacts that enabled me to do it. Having a spirit of the totem for my str mods. A primer for my HCI. Crimmy to help my hpi. All those things gave me a solid base to come up with the other imbued mods I needed.

I understand that these things are not absolutely needed to pvp, but when your fighting and dieing, and getting looted it makes it much easier for a new player to recover here.

I will say that the old faction system could be considered vending machine artifacts because you could farm MONSTERS for silver afk, I know I killed a lot of them. This system you must pvp to EARN the right to wear them. Im not talking about the guy who gets on in the middle of the night and basically cheating the system to obtain them. These are not vending machine artifacts. Its going to be guilds that are going to come together to keep a stranglehold on the towns to keep rival guilds from obtaining them. That sound easy? Sounds pretty awesome to me.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of ppl did that, someone in this very thread abused the hell out of that too.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you are really stretching the word community, when all you did was ask the 5-8 people that showed up to some meeting.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Lets make a new focus group to discuss. A few Old Siege veterans and a few Siege veterans THAT ACTUALLY PVP. To take 6 players that were against them is not a community vote. Any thread with a poll that has ever been made the community is split 50/50 on this issue. Its simple put at least some of the artifacts back in to meet in the middle. Please consider that @Kyronix

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am mostly talking about the marketplace Atlantic. I am talking about the behaviour of sellers/buyers on that shard. I traded many items and learned that so many people tried to cheat you, that you even need a broker. Where I come from, there is a gentlemen agreement. Trust is everything. Try to trade with that attitude over there and you are busted. I dont hate Atlantic. I just hate the turbo-capitalist aspect of the market there. So, again, you completely got me wrong. As I said: We both live on different planets. This has nothing to do with the OP.

Err, it has to do with the OP. Things like these will probably not happen to you on Siege or Drachenfels.

P.S.: Example conversation with an Atlantic trader: "sup man! wut? I will give you 5 mil for the crap (lighthouse reward). Stfu. Bought 10 lighthouses for 4 mil last week. FU." And so on and so on and so on. Luna Atlantic is the place where you can see everything that went wrong in this game in the last years.
I see. Hell would freeze over before I would engage in gen chat trade or luna bank trades. Just putting it all on vendors is the way I choose for me. But can't deny what you are saying (for this one particualr aspect of UO). And since it is offtopic enough, I will just leave it at that now.

ysolt

Seasoned Veteran
I am mostly talking about the marketplace Atlantic. I am talking about the behaviour of sellers/buyers on that shard. I traded many items and learned that so many people tried to cheat you, that you even need a broker. Where I come from, there is a gentlemen agreement. Trust is everything. Try to trade with that attitude over there and you are busted. I dont hate Atlantic. I just hate the turbo-capitalist aspect of the market there. So, again, you completely got me wrong. As I said: We both live on different planets. This has nothing to do with the OP.

Err, it has to do with the OP. Things like these will probably not happen to you on Siege or Drachenfels.

P.S.: Example conversation with an Atlantic trader: "sup man! wut? I will give you 5 mil for the crap (lighthouse reward). Stfu. Bought 10 lighthouses for 4 mil last week. FU." And so on and so on and so on. Luna Atlantic is the place where you can see everything that went wrong in this game in the last years.
In this day and age you can still get scammed?.I would really like to hear in what circumstance's you can get scammed in game while trading.

What would you need a broker for now a day's? they are giving you more than 125 item's? tell them to put it in pack horse's and tell them to open the pack horse's back pack so you can see the item's before you trade?And then they will transfer the pack horse's to you after you type in the digit's??

As for thier attitude's,it's simple don't like them? don't deal with them? how hard is that?

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am too young for grandkids. But lemme think about it...

...yes. If they are like you ;)

C'mon. H U M O R

805connection

Sage
Stratics Veteran
That is oft times the best option, when debate and intelligent discourse devolves into mud slinging it is time to stop feeding that troll.
Kind of like a person who dosent even pvp, telling us why he dosent think pvp items are good for the game?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You do not know me.