• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Increase of lag in my castle with lots of granit tiles

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When I improved my castle with extra granit floors, I did not see a lot of lag, but the last half year or so, my castle lag me out first time I login after restart of my PC, I do not even get all the way in to see my game desktop. @Kyronix

I then close client, restart it, and I can now login but may freeze up first time I try to use a intern set of house teleporters in the castle.

After that all seem ok until I leave the castle and maybe visit some other houses, then the problem is back, when I enter my castle and tele to inside, I will freeze up at the inside teleporter and have to logout and in.

I love visitors in my castle but people seem to fear the lag and stay a way, not good as it also are my vendor house.

Anyone else have same problem?
It's CC client
When Tugsoft changed the uo assist client to allow more clients, it become really bad, even when I only use one client.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I have this problem with EC, I freeze up 80% of the time, when I first log into the game. I know its not the PCs ( 2 X SLI TITAN X, 32GB Ram) or (GTX980Ti, 18GB) but the game client and the resources its uses.
I found the best way to deal with a problem of always getting held up by lag was to use CC to move the char to somewhere different and then try to log in, In your case I dont really know what to say, try loading the game in the other client and moving the char.
I dont log out anymore in Shadowguard any more either and that for sure will freeze me when I log.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I login fine second time I try after restart of client. It's only first time after restart of PC, I crash before getting all the way in the game. After restart of the client, I can login fine.
When I crash using the teleporters, I can see incoming chat messages, but can't move or speak. I can hit logout on my paperdoll and logout and them login again and I'm all fine until I choose to visit some other houses and then go back to my castle.

It do however have to do with UO Assist, because if I login without UO Assist, I get the whole way in after restart of PC and I can jump around via teleporters without any crash.

I send Tugsoft an e-mail too.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I improved my castle with extra granit floors, I did not see a lot of lag, but the last half year or so, my castle lag me out first time I login after restart of my PC, I do not even get all the way in to see my game desktop. @Kyronix

I then close client, restart it, and I can now login but may freeze up first time I try to use a intern set of house teleporters in the castle.

After that all seem ok until I leave the castle and maybe visit some other houses, then the problem is back, when I enter my castle and tele to inside, I will freeze up at the inside teleporter and have to logout and in.

I love visitors in my castle but people seem to fear the lag and stay a way, not good as it also are my vendor house.

It's CC client
When Tugsoft changed the uo assist client to allow more clients, it become really bad, even when I only use one client.
Do you live near other castles that have added a lot of granite tiles? How many tiles did you add? If you are adding thousands of extra items to your castle, you are going to see some performance hits as your client tries to load all those objects that would have otherwise been limited by storage caps.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Do you live near other castles that have added a lot of granite tiles? How many tiles did you add? If you are adding thousands of extra items to your castle, you are going to see some performance hits as your client tries to load all those objects that would have otherwise been limited by storage caps.
I have used around 3500 lockdowns and have around 1700 granit tiles.
The weird thing is, if I login without UOAssist, I do not crash, it is CC+UOA that do it and it got really bad when Tugsoft added the options to use multi UO clients with UOA.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My castle are placed at: upload_2016-6-30_18-18-21.png on Siege

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Visit the second place winner in design Contest on DF. Aka @Finley Grant.
To visit, go 1st floor at the East luna Gate. There are 3 sign. Double click the sign posts.
This Castle looks pretty cool, but it Lags extremly.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"some performance hits" you mean the world stood still or?

i added between 2 and 2,5k tiles :D

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find the most lag when you use floor tiles. For a castle if you were to cover an entire floor with tiles it would be 961 (31x31) If you are having lag issues i would strongly recommend using goza mats instead of floor tiles.

There are some castles out there that make me crawl. Even with an amazing computer rig this is going to happen if you are adding that many "custom tiles" to your house.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It's CC client
same problem with teleporter tiles but started for me before new granite stuff
I went to your castle saw all the teleporters touching each other. I had mine touching each other like you have yours for a long time. Once I seperated them in my castle problem went away. still have same problem in keep with teleporters touching.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
same problem with teleporter tiles but started for me before new granite stuff
I went to your castle saw all the teleporters touching each other. I had mine touching each other like you have yours for a long time. Once I seperated them in my castle problem went away. still have same problem in keep with teleporters touching.
I will try to changes that and see if it help

*Edit* Sad, did not help, non are touching each other now.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe a castle just don't like being a tele hub, vendor shop, garden and working place at same time :(

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My Teleportation room with 10+ teleporter work fine. The lag only Hits you when you move fast

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hmm, I am always running :p

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I find the most lag when you use floor tiles. For a castle if you were to cover an entire floor with tiles it would be 961 (31x31) If you are having lag issues i would strongly recommend using goza mats instead of floor tiles.

There are some castles out there that make me crawl. Even with an amazing computer rig this is going to happen if you are adding that many "custom tiles" to your house.
Mine definitely is a client-killer. All the snow effects on ice island I find make it even worse. That's the one thing I do miss from UOA; I really miss turning off snow effects. Even with all the stone in my castle, there's at least 2 to 3000 fewer objects than there were in my "mountain" rubble+goza skyscraper. However, the castle lags far worse.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Tug UOAssist fixed it, at least it works for me. will first work for others when he release the update but the dll he send me fixed it for me after he had jumped my teleporters most of the day :)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friend recently added a granite floor covering the entire top of her castle. It lags up most everyone.
Not sure if it matters but I used goza mats in my homes and don't notice any lag.
I do lag up horribly every 1st time I log in. Seems after that I'm fine. Go figure...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
But do Goza not count as lockdowns?
I don't know if Tug did upgrade UOAssist yet, I do not freeze up now but I still have a little delay when I login first time, but I get the whole way in now.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if Tug did upgrade UOAssist yet, I do not freeze up now but I still have a little delay when I login first time, but I get the whole way in now.
true gozas when placed do not count as lockdowns, but in deed form will take lockdown space.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Neither gozas nor pavers count as lockdowns, when they are placed. When they are stored in containers, both do count.