• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

New Idea For Revamping Reds - Blood Tattoos ( similar to town buff)

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

There are no more reds in felucca, or very very few.

The reason why is simple... Town bonus, VVV system ....and it' s really pointless to be red now.

My suggestion is to revamp PKERS- REDS with two following ideas:

1) BLOOD TATTOOS

Certain dungeons will have a blood stone where you can declare your loyality, once you reach the loyality level you will receive a tattoo on all the body of your template ( the blood tattoo) with magical properties , it lasts 24 hours.

FC BONUS
DCI 5 BONUS
+15 SKILL that you can choose every day .
HCI 5
SSI 5

Reds will look cool yes....be a red :)

2) BOUNTY SYSTEM - COMMENT SYSTEM - REWARDS

When you kill a player, the poor blue who died can decide to give you a murder count, a comment on your kill , and the player can put a bounty on you .

This way blues can be also bounty hunters, if they accept the challenge ( through the context menu at Britain Bank) to hunt the red down and they are able to kill him, they can retrive the soul of the red, deliver it at Britain Bank and get a prize ( which will be gold and a skirt, shirt, apron, robe, cloack - depends what they choose- with a sentence related to the player they killed).

There will be a bulletin board at Britain where you can see the most wanted reds and the related comments of their kills , it will be funny to read all the rage and feedback also pvp related .

I imagine to read blues writing down not just flames but also suggestions on how to counter attack the Red's template etc.... It will be funny and entertaining.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT if the BLUE Dies to the RED once he accepted the challenge, he will lose randomly one piece of his armour or skill points ( 5.0 point on one of the highest skill he has) or he will be forced to be in ghost form visible for 30 minutes at LUNA Bank, with a sentence above his head " I WAS SLAYED BY.... ( name of the pker)".

The penalities will be random.

-------------------------------------------------

Very fast other idea not related to reds.

REVAMP old faction bases, with a context menu at the entrance of every base, where you can choose three games, and players can bet in a common crate, the team that wins will get all the prizes.

games are:

CAPTURE THE FLAG

LAST MAN STANDING

KILL OR BE KILLED ( simple kill all the opposite team)

You cannot leave the area once you enter in the game, games lasts max 30 minutes. If there are no winners, the items or gold you decided to bet will automatically return into your bank box.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

The reason why is simple... Town bonus, VVV system ....and it' s really pointless to be red now.

1) BLOOD TATTOOS

Certain dungeons will have a blood stone where you can declare your loyality, once you reach the loyality level you will receive a tattoo on all the body of your template ( the blood tattoo) with magical properties , it lasts 24 hours.

FC BONUS
DCI 5 BONUS
HCI 5
SSI 5

When you kill a player, the poor blue who died can decide to give you a murder count, a comment on your kill , and the player can put a bounty on you .

This way blues can be also bounty hunters, if they accept the challenge ( through the context menu at Britain Bank) to hunt the red down and they are able to kill him, they can retrive the soul of the red, deliver it at Britain Bank and get a prize ( which will be gold and a skirt, shirt, apron, robe, cloack - depends what they choose- with a sentence related to the player they killed).

There will be a bulletin board at Britain where you can see the most wanted reds and the related comments of their kills , it will be funny to read all the rage and feedback also pvp related .

I imagine to read blues writing down not just flames but also suggestions on how to counter attack the Red's template etc.... It will be funny and entertaining.

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT if the BLUE Dies to the RED once he accepted the challenge, he will lose randomly one piece of his armour or skill points ( 5.0 point on one of the highest skill he has) or he will be forced to be in ghost form visible for 30 minutes at LUNA Bank, with a sentence above his head " I WAS SLAYED BY.... ( name of the pker)".

REVAMP old faction bases, with a context menu at the entrance of every base, where you can choose three games, and players can bet in a common crate, the team that wins will get all the prizes.

games are:

CAPTURE THE FLAG

LAST MAN STANDING

You cannot leave the area once you enter in the game, games lasts max 30 minutes. If there are no winners, the items or gold you decided to bet will automatically return into your bank box.
I like the idea of being red and having some kind of tie in with the anti-virtue dungeons. That would be pretty dope.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Elaboration required.

Lose one piece of his armour for 30 mins or permanently?

This is a terrible idea, sounds like it will be horrendously buggy and will be a flat rate NO from just about every player bar the gold rich. We have seige for that sort of thing. The Devs will say flat no to permanently losing anything skills/stats or items.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, I meant if you die to a PKER once you're on a bounty mission for him ( it means you accepted to go to hunt that pker) and you die :

1. or you lose one piece of your armour, so the pker can loot it ... ( counter....blues will have a suit to HUNT REDS, not so valuable... )
2. you lose 5.0 of the highest skills u have( it cannot be focus or meditation) this is done to avoid a bit the exploiting of the bounty system. Better you don't die...otherwise you must train it back to 120.0 or buy a 5.0 sot.
3. if none of these two penalities occur , the ghost of the dead blue will be displayed at Luna bank with a sentence above his head ( I was slayed by the vile pker...(name) ) ....etc

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya they removed the bounty system cuz it was too cruel ( chop the body into pieces...grab the head ...)

So that's why the idea of the " soul" , so there is nothing cruel tbh, just a good system to make Felucca more entertaining!! thank u! I hope we can make the game very attractive step by step (Fel side), with specific contents

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I think murder counts have outlived their function.

Revamp the justice virtue and make everyone orange in Fel.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merus, thanks for your feedback, but UO has its roots with Pkers...and red players, I was there in 1997 raiding Orc fort near cove or killing players at the skeleton wall in Deceit ( the place where you were training all together melee skills) .... Reds have an incredible fashion and history in UO, if you talk like this it's because you really didn't take part in that world :))) , let the VVV system live but you need to make it go together with the murder system too.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Merus, thanks for your feedback, but UO has its roots with Pkers...and red players, I was there in 1997 raiding Orc fort near cove or killing players at the skeleton wall in Deceit ( the place where you were training all together melee skills) .... Reds have an incredible fashion and history in UO, if you talk like this it's because you really didn't take part in that world :))) , let the VVV system live but you need to make it go together with the murder system too.
I don't disagree about the history (and fun) that went along with reds... But like so many other parts of UO, the game has moved past the function that murder counts served. (IMO) Limiting a character to a single facet for participating in PvP on the PvP facet seems outdated to me.

I think by coming to Fel you should automatically be consenting to PvP. I believe there needs to be an inherent bonus available for all playstyles for coming to Fel (2x resources, extra loot, luck bonus, exclusive content, etc) to offset the extra risk.

That being said, I am also fully in favor of a more complex and immersive PvP system. For instance, your proposal could easily be adopted without the need for actually being red... Declare yourself a brigand (get your tattoo) and go fight. Folks can sign up to hunt you for the risk/reward.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no, I meant if you die to a PKER once you're on a bounty mission for him ( it means you accepted to go to hunt that pker) and you die :

1. or you lose one piece of your armour, so the pker can loot it ... ( counter....blues will have a suit to HUNT REDS, not so valuable... )
2. you lose 5.0 of the highest skills u have( it cannot be focus or meditation) this is done to avoid a bit the exploiting of the bounty system. Better you don't die...otherwise you must train it back to 120.0 or buy a 5.0 sot.
3. if none of these two penalities occur , the ghost of the dead blue will be displayed at Luna bank with a sentence above his head ( I was slayed by the vile pker...(name) ) ....etc

You're totally wishing mate, the Devs will not do them things. The game isn't like that nowadays and they won't go back to you losing things other than resources in pvp. Otherwise we'd have an official Pre-Aos "Classic" shard by now.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
At this point I don't care what they do to pvp.

I don't even know if they should screw with anything in fear they will make things worse.

I patched the client yesterday, and I don't even recall if I bothered to log in.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This sounds like a terrible plan.

Also +15 skills, that's way better than any buff from towns currently. Everyone would be red for this. If its the same thing blues can get then that's fine, but not something powerful like that for only one side.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
reds should get a simple way to get buffs like others but the royal pardons have eliminated most red chars. we dont need a big change which would eatting up all the devs time. just get rid of royal pardons or make one time use. ive lost my passion for pvp because of vvv. all I get are blues vvv raiding and I end up with many murders counts while vvv people just eat a royal pardon. lame

Devil Hanzo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
totally agree there needs to be a revamp, i know i personally turned most of my red characters back to blue because of the changes and lack of support they did receive in game when it came to town buffs and other things. i love the ideas, some of them seem harsh (but im all for it since i dont play a blue char in fel and take the easy way out), but i think that any blue player, the moment he/she crosses over to the fel facet anywhere in the game, they should receive the same gump as if they walked into a active VVV town. you have 30 secs to leave or you stay orange and freely attackable

I Actually PVP

Adventurer
Bringing this topic back because we have yet to hear from any dev as to why reds can't get access to town bonuses in some shape or form. I'm not endorsing Blazing's idea, this is just the most recent thread on the matter.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna why can't we get the equivalent of town bonuses for reds. As you may have noticed, everyone pvp's on blues now simply because these perks are so important to suits and template building. Hell about half my guild once quit the game for several months because the FC 1 bonus was removed and all of our suits were made worthless. in other words, THESE THINGS ARE IMPORTANT ENOUGH THAT WE WILL FIGHT OVER THEM!!!

Make them part of the VvV system, make them part of champ systems, do anything that allows reds to get them!

Ideas and opinions welcome.

randy

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Blazing has a good idea here giving people a reason to play reds again would be very nice. Aside from the Luna shame and skill loss it's a very good idea.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah not many reds these days. Reds need access to a town bonus or something similar

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bringing this topic back because we have yet to hear from any dev as to why reds can't get access to town bonuses in some shape or form. I'm not endorsing Blazing's idea, this is just the most recent thread on the matter.

@Kyronix @Bleak @Mesanna why can't we get the equivalent of town bonuses for reds. As you may have noticed, everyone pvp's on blues now simply because these perks are so important to suits and template building. Hell about half my guild once quit the game for several months because the FC 1 bonus was removed and all of our suits were made worthless. in other words, THESE THINGS ARE IMPORTANT ENOUGH THAT WE WILL FIGHT OVER THEM!!!

Make them part of the VvV system, make them part of champ systems, do anything that allows reds to get them!

Ideas and opinions welcome.
We've discussed several ideas of how to incorporate the town buffs into VvV in the broader context of making changes to VvV to address some issues such as making the battles more impactful and providing a feature set within VvV that appeals to those players who enjoyed longer, faction style sieges. Thanks for the feedback.

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The town bonus could be added to Bucs Den in fel. Then everyone could access it

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Notoriety system was a fairly balanced, well designed game system that was completely ruined by the addition of Pardons so a start would be doing away with those. Like many things they have added or changed they did it without thinking about the consequences it would have on an existing system.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hello everyone,

1) BLOOD TATTOOS

FC BONUS
DCI 5 BONUS
HCI 5
SSI 5

games are:

CAPTURE THE FLAG

LAST MAN STANDING

I believe it's way to complicated. I would go a different way

The question is, why do we have less reds? I see some reasons.

1. Can only play at Felucca
-- Let reds go to all facet. Keep them reds there and attackable but only allow them to attack warring enemies in Trammel zone. If someone attack them, make the attacker orange to reds for 2 20 mins. = reds can attack them. Add red healers on all facets. Yes I know, some will hate to see that, maybe leave the trammel facet without reds but let them go to all others facets.
2. Have hard with doing spawn with blue, as their field spells will attack blue.
-- Give players a way to changes it in option and maybe with a macro, so their areal and field attack/spell won't attack players.
3. Can't use town bonus
-- Would not be hard to add the Governor system to Fel as we have it on Siege.
4. _Hard to be red in VvV town, no healers and trouble with areal attack/field spells attacking blue npc's and guard.
-- Add red healers in town and remove the guards in battle towns.
5- Can't use the virtue
-- That's the price for being red

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do miss seeing reds on Siege. When even Siege is loosing reds, something is wrong as red on Siege can go everywhere

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Or changes color setting, so orange show as red :p

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought orange was the new black. You are killin me Freja :) I couldn't resist.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be important for the "Red" and "Blue" buffs not stack because of forged pardons.

If you pick up a buff from the governor stone in tram, and kill someone taking a murder count that you become red (while still under the effect of your "blue" buff, you could then possibly get the red version of this buff, which would defeat the purpose entirely.

It's a good idea nonetheless, you don't see reds so much anymore mostly because of the city trade buffs.

people just wouldn't play there reds if the pardons didn't exist.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It's a good idea nonetheless, you don't see reds so much anymore mostly because of the city trade buffs.
I don't believe that's the reason, as Siege reds do have access to the town bonus. We are still losing reds.

There are a lot other negatives from being red