• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thunderstorm 3

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thunderstorm can hit people in houses. Is this intended or something that needs to be fixed? A level 6 circle can hit the entire screen. Please let us know. I know that moderators are reading these posts so an answer would be nice.

@Bleak @Kyronix @Mesanna

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It obviously isn't intended since no other area attacks can go through house walls. But Thunderstorm has been in the game for over 10 years now without change.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did some testing with a lvl6 focus just to see. You can hit someone that is 7 tiles or less away from the walls inside their house. multiple walls do not matter. IE I could hit my character in the courtyard of my castle but in the center area he could not be reached.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It obviously isn't intended since no other area attacks can go through house walls. But Thunderstorm has been in the game for over 10 years now without change.
I just started actively posting in statics about mechanics that need to be fixed or are not working as intended. Just because a change has not happened does not mean that it should not happen.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the day we use to kill someone sitting in a house with earthquakes

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the day we use to kill someone sitting in a house with earthquakes
At first I don't think earthquake would be able to kill someone, I think it would drop them to 1 hp at its lowest.

But, I do remember pre aos, you could explode someone who popped out, then EQ before the explode hit and then they would die from that two spell combo.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because a change has not happened does not mean that it should not happen.
Of course it should be changed to be consistent with other area spells. There was a huge problem a couple months ago at a PVP tournament because of it.

I am simply pointing out that Spellweaving has been in the game for over 10 years now and this has never been fixed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well it's not the only thing wrong... if you cast most other AoE spells they DON'T hurt allies and blues.... but if you cast either of the good Mystic spells they do... so it sucks trying to do a champ with your friends and not being able to use either Hail Storm of Nether Cyclone because you hit your friends with them. I can cast Wildfire and that doesn't hurt my friends, I can Earthquake and it doesn't hurt my friends.... but casting Hail Storm and Nether Cyclone do. Why???

@Kyronix, @Bleak

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Well it's not the only thing wrong... if you cast most other AoE spells they DON'T hurt allies and blues.... but if you cast either of the good Mystic spells they do... so it sucks trying to do a champ with your friends and not being able to use either Hail Storm of Nether Cyclone because you hit your friends with them. I can cast Wildfire and that doesn't hurt my friends, I can Earthquake and it doesn't hurt my friends.... but casting Hail Storm and Nether Cyclone do. Why???

@Kyronix, @Bleak
HS/NC doesn't flag blues (if you're blue) or greens (regardless of being blue/red) at all...So, not sure what you are talking about.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This isn't completely true. I just came back from a 2-3ish year break, and T-storm didn't used to do that. It never used to hit a full screen either, was about 6-8 tiles with a level 6. But according to people I've talked to, when they added a "graphic" when targets were hit (which didn't used to happen last time I played either) is when it got bonked up. It shares the graphic with the magical short bow special, so perhaps that is what screwed it up? Just an observation from a returning PVPer.

And I have been playing a Weaver (4/6 at that, so I know all about winds/t-storm range and casting for despise/harry fights) since about 3-6 months after it came out.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
On topic:

Why is this the third thread on a topic? Didn't/Don't they have a policy about dropping a topic once they deleted a thread about it? Sorry, just confused a little.

Off topic:

Heck naw, he killed true country music. If he had never hit the scene we would still be listening to good country music instead of dang Pop that is labeled as country only for sales....

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
On topic:

Why is this the third thread on a topic? Didn't/Don't they have a policy about dropping a topic once they deleted a thread about it? Sorry, just confused a little.

Off topic:

Heck naw, he killed true country music. If he had never hit the scene we would still be listening to good country music instead of dang Pop that is labeled as country only for sales....
This thread was OKed as long as the questionable portion of the content from the previous two wasn't included, it wasn't the topic itself that was the issue, it was some of the content in the earlier posts.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
HS/NC doesn't flag blues (if you're blue) or greens (regardless of being blue/red) at all...So, not sure what you are talking about.
Really tell that to my friends I was hitting them with both spells the other night... they weren't very happy. (in Fel all of them BLUE to me)

Now they are in VvV some of them but I am NOT.... never have been never will be so I'm rather irritated that I was actually damaging them quite a lot.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really tell that to my friends I was hitting them with both spells the other night... they weren't very happy. (in Fel all of them BLUE to me)

Now they are in VvV some of them but I am NOT.... never have been never will be so I'm rather irritated that I was actually damaging them quite a lot.
You are wrong. If they were getting hit they were either criminal somehow or flagged VVV and not guilded.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are wrong. If they were getting hit they were either criminal somehow or flagged VVV and not guilded.
She may be right.

There's always been an unfixed bug where you could do unintentional blue to blue damage and flag yourself crim from area spells in fel. It's not everytime but it does happen. Poison strike was the worst for doing this and meteor swarm did it's fair share too. I haven't bothered to try with a mystic but from past experience I wouldn't doubt the area spells are bugged with it too.

Last edited:

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
She may be right.

There's always been an unfixed bug where you could do unintentional blue to blue damage and flag yourself crim from area spells in fel. It's not everytime but it does happen. Poison strike was the worst for doing this and meteor swarm did it's fair share too. I haven't bothered to try with a mystic but from past experience I wouldn't doubt the area spells are bugged with it too.
The way she said it sounded like she was guilded to them maybe she was not. Ive only had this problem with a magical shortbow and lightning strike hitting random blues around a criminal/vvv/red

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was not flagged, I was not gray... I am NOT in VvV... I cast Hail Storm I hurt them... I'd only just gotten there and hadn't really been doing much of anything... Now I know 2 of them are in VvV... but I am not... And I hadn't been to a town so there is no way I should have suddenly gone VvV I believe it was a Rikki spawn.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thunderstorm will hit guild members if you're flagged to them or they are flagged to you.
The aggressor would appear grey to only the person they attacked if they are in the same guild/alliance.

That's what happened, it's the only way it could happen.

It would be nice if a dev would respond saying whether or not it is intended to hit through walls or in houses (even though it's been like this since ML came out... 11-12 years ago?)