• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lake Austin's Meet And Greet

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Tamais submitted a new Article:

Lake Austin's Meet And Greet

Kyronix says: Good Evening Lake Austin!
Lady Mesanna says: Good evening Lake Austin
Lady Mesanna says: shall we get started

Lady Mesanna says: Hi Dol
Dol: Evening developers!
Dol: I have two questions tonight.
Dol: First one is for Kyronix.
Dol: Kyronix, would you consider adding both Orc masks and helms to the
Dol: blackthorn turn ins?

Kyronix : We have a list of items that've been requested for Blackthorn's
Kyronix: Can certainly add those

Dol : Fantastic, looking forward to it!

Dol: Second question.
Dol : Recently...
Read more about this article here...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, we don't know, we will look into it, planning, planning for the near future, more Eodon , maybe, more looking into it, more not understanding and some dude gets his death with. I am now enlightened.

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for posting this but hard to read mesanna on a tablet.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you for letting me know, I'll change her color

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This must have been the most LA players gathered in one place, in years.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Color changed, not sure if this is better or worse. Please let me know and feel free to suggest a color :)

Nope this past weekend we had a large group with three different guilds doing Trex and the ape.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the person who locked down an item being able to unlock it is a security feature. A co-owner can not unlock another co-owner's item.

I hope this is never changed, it would wreck havoc if any co-owner can unlock an item in the house.
Simple way around it to some extent is have the co owner lock it down and then the co owner account can unlock it. And there are a lot of things co owners can axe that the owner places Forges, soul forges, hearth of the home fire etc.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Only the person who locked down an item being able to unlock it is a security feature. A co-owner can not unlock another co-owner's item.

I hope this is never changed, it would wreck havoc if any co-owner can unlock an item in the house.
Fully agree with you there. If they do anything along those lines they should create another level of Co-Owner and assign that privilege to that slot only. Call it Master Co-Owner or some such thing. I can understand multiple account holders wanting to be able to do that very thing. But too many non account owners are co-owners in houses to set that high of a privilege to it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is why I do all my deco and designing on ONE character. I use the House owner for what I have to (since there are a few items that must be placed by the owner... Kings collection items mostly) and I use my main crafter for everything else. This way I always know who locked what down.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow so luck distribution changed again without any notification, amazing. I'm wondering if anyone knows how it really works.
I am even more confused now than before after reading that about Luck. Maybe @Bleak can shed some light on this if he has time
Luck in a party? It's completely random from any party member?
Luck out of party? Top Damager luck gets used?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They don't even know how it really works, I don't think.

Done T-maps with 2500 luck, brought home $%!t. Done some with 700 luck, brought home treasures. No idea why, but my experiences so far tell me that if it does work, it works part time. Until I personally see a real trend, I'm a non-believer lol

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't even know how it really works, I don't think.

Done T-maps with 2500 luck, brought home $%!t. Done some with 700 luck, brought home treasures. No idea why, but my experiences so far tell me that if it does work, it works part time. Until I personally see a real trend, I'm a non-believer lol
IMO the Tmap system needs a HUGE overhaul. Treasure Hunting could be a corner stone for this game if the system was a robust/detailed system. As it is now going to a spot digging killing monster is well.....ZzzzzZZzzzzzzzZ
and the loot from those things are BAD not saying they should be good bc there pretty easy to do.

Last edited:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You must have come at an off time. And we don't have a lot of folks that just bank sit. A shout out in gen chat often reveals those you may otherwise not know are there.
You guys are in denial the way Siege was before the influx of new folks. Didn't the King just have to intervene and practically demand people fill Gov'r seats ?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

@Kyronix i hope you consider that orc helms is a pretty huge game changer for how suits are composed. if you are really going to do this, i would do orc masks only. As much as i would LOVE orc helm / 3lmc versions, that would be an extremely significant power boost in many suit configurations. If you do decide to allow 3lmc bonus head slot items, please also do skull helms in addition to orc helms.

Last edited:

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

@Kyronix i hope you consider that orc helms is a pretty huge game changer for how suits are composed. if you are really going to do this, i would do orc masks only. As much as i would LOVE orc helm / 3lmc versions, that would be an extremely significant power boost in many suit configurations. If you do decide to allow 3lmc bonus head slot items, please also do skull helms in addition to orc helms.
There's a general disclaimer that should be attached to requests such as these - it's all subject to balancing and final implementation review.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

3 LMC bonus is bogus. It only applies to studded and stone. No love for cloth or leather items and dont tell me mage armor because that well sucks for most templates now. No love for platemail the bulkiest of armor which IMO should have the best bonus. Let's see do I want mage armor for 15%more over cap LMC.... lol is that even a choice. Mage armor or LMC bonus that should be the choice not this has 1% this has 0 this has 3%...

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3 LMC bonus is bogus. It only applies to studded and stone. No love for cloth or leather items and dont tell me mage armor because that well sucks for most templates now. No love for platemail the bulkiest of armor which IMO should have the best bonus. Let's see do I want mage armor for 15%more over cap LMC.... lol is that even a choice. Mage armor or LMC bonus that should be the choice not this has 1% this has 0 this has 3%...
you get significantly better passive mr when using med armor, plus can actively meditate if you choose (most people use it just for the better passive)

plate is awesome. i tried soloing belfry and was failing everytime because of stam loss. put on my suit with 4 pieces of plate and it was easy. The stam loss prevention from plate is highly worth it. maybe we just need more hard-hitting monsters for the casual player to see the need for plate, and things like refinements. currently its really needed for alot of content. sure you could carry stam pots, but a pvm character really cant carry many, plus lose the benfits of having a 2 handed non-balanced weapon (damage and parry chance)

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you get significantly better passive mr when using med armor, plus can actively meditate if you choose (most people use it just for the better passive)

plate is awesome. i tried soloing belfry and was failing everytime because of stam loss. put on my suit with 4 pieces of plate and it was easy. The stam loss prevention from plate is highly worth it. maybe we just need more hard-hitting monsters for the casual player to see the need for plate, and things like refinements. currently its really needed for alot of content. sure you could carry stam pots, but a pvm character really cant carry many, plus lose the benfits of having a 2 handed non-balanced weapon (damage and parry chance)
yeah but none are as useful at 15% more lmc. PVP and PVM

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to see hats of the magi available as circlets and glasses... Or the most popular glasses available as circlets...

But then I'd also prefer a way to simply convert them, not be forced to grind artifacts to purchase what I already have...

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You guys are in denial the way Siege was before the influx of new folks. Didn't the King just have to intervene and practically demand people fill Gov'r seats ?
Well, I'm not saying there is no denial, hehe. And I'm not saying we are brimming with folks. But the times I've visited seige, I rarely see anyone. Perhaps in large part due to the propensity for hiding there. :) With respect to the Govt seats, I have no idea. I've never gotten into the politics side of things in uo.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But then I'd also prefer a way to simply convert them, not be forced to grind artifacts to purchase what I already have...
Seconded!

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well GarthGrey, I wouldn't say the King had to demand and twist arms. It was more that due to rl a couple over governors weren't able to be nominated and One governor had to resign. Usually all of our cities have governors, this time I decided that Yew needed my leadership and expert wine tasting.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
plate is awesome. i tried soloing belfry and was failing everytime because of stam loss. put on my suit with 4 pieces of plate and it was easy. The stam loss prevention from plate is highly worth it. maybe we just need more hard-hitting monsters for the casual player to see the need for plate, and things like refinements.
They'd need to add mobs that hit harder an addition to having macing-like stamina loss with each hit for people to need plate. which would still be arguable because of stamina leech. also it depends on the weapon you use, if you have enough swing speed you could swing a lot of weapons at cap with 0 stamina... (no use for stamina protection)

IMO they should just normalize all non-med-able armor and give it the same Stamina Protection & LMC bonuses (excluding Woodland armor because of the additional properties via enhancing).