• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wall Of Stone

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been changed for a while, but I always wondered why this change occurred.

For the longest time, when you cast a wall of stone on yourself the middle stone tile did not appear. Then one day out of the blue, you were able to cast wall of stone on yourself/people and the tile would appear. Was this intended and if so why did the change happen? Just curious.

Thanks.

@Kyronix

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
u should see people now running full blast and cast a stone wall behind them to stop u wow, kind of funny

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to know why you can't remount a pet while you're casting a spell, @Kyronix Intended?

I can't remember when it changed, but I'm sure It was during one of my many Diablo 3 or WoW breaks.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u should see people now running full blast and cast a stone wall behind them to stop u wow, kind of funny
Yes, it used to leave a little space when you would drop it on yourself while running. You actually had to target behind you to stop someone or drop it more strategically.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also noticed they made changes to fields while I was away. You used to be able to cast one on the second floor of a house to look in but it doesn't go off or falls on the ground. I think this has also messed up targeting when the ground is uneven.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have also noticed they made changes to fields while I was away. You used to be able to cast one on the second floor of a house to look in but it doesn't go off or falls on the ground. I think this has also messed up targeting when the ground is uneven.
That one makes a little sense to me. It was helping to see into houses and cast spells inside to kill people AFK.

The wall of stone just feels like an oversight.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That one makes a little sense to me. It was helping to see into houses and cast spells inside to kill people AFK.
I used it more to be able to see inside a house and see how people were hiding in there casting on us. Unsavory players already use a client modification to delete the second stories on houses. It helped even the playing field.

You can easily kill someone AFK in the house without seeing inside. I don't see that as a good enough reason to remove it.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used it more to be able to see inside a house and see how people were hiding in there casting on us. Unsavory players already use a client modification to delete the second stories on houses. It helped even the playing field.

You can easily kill someone AFK in the house without seeing inside. I don't see that as a good enough reason to remove it.
I did not say it was or even know if that was the reason for the change. I do not like the change either. I prefer to be able to see into someones house also. I liked killing people AFK. Deleting the second story of houses would be amazing. I bet enhanced client can already do it seeing as how they can do everything else! Then I would not run into silly para field and conflag traps.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to know why you can't remount a pet while you're casting a spell, @Kyronix Intended?

I can't remember when it changed, but I'm sure It was during one of my many Diablo 3 or WoW breaks.
If we're talking about ethereal mounts, the remounting process is akin to casting a spell (you'll notice the similarity in the character animations) which is why casting won't allow you to re-summon immediately until the casting action is complete.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If we're talking about ethereal mounts, the remounting process is akin to casting a spell (you'll notice the similarity in the character animations) which is why casting won't allow you to re-summon immediately until the casting action is complete.
Thanks for the reply!
I was referring to real mounts, you can dismount while casting (without someone dismounting you via an attack), but cannot remount while casting, I don't remember there being a time that you could remount an ethereal mount while casting a spell.

Last edited:

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paithan u are still a young padawan in walling players. Learn from king InfernO :)

InfernO will come to get you

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been changed for a while, but I always wondered why this change occurred.

For the longest time, when you cast a wall of stone on yourself the middle stone tile did not appear. Then one day out of the blue, you were able to cast wall of stone on yourself/people and the tile would appear. Was this intended and if so why did the change happen? Just curious.

Thanks.

@Kyronix
This was a reported bug back in 2010 stating that field spells that land where the player is standing were not affected which was fixed.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Bleak So are you saying that wall of stone was broken for the first 12 years and that it got fixed and you SHOULD be able to wall of stone on yourself?