• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dev Meet And Greet On Sakura 3-21-16

spin

Asian Shard Liaison
Professional
Shard Liaison
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
spin submitted a new Article:

Dev Meet And Greet On Sakura 3-21-16

This is a summary of the meeting that was held on March 21, 2016 in Sakura (Japan shards)
NEWS - [UO.Com] New Dev Meet and Greet Schedule

Japanese player ⇔ EM Asiantam (Translation for both) ⇔ Bleak · Kyronix · Mesanna · Misk

Mesanna: good morning
EM Asiantam: Good morning
EM Asiantam: let me know when you're ready Devs :)
Mesanna: we are ready
EM Asiantam: k

[hr][/hr]

Player: morning
Mesanna: morning
Player: wanted to ask for new items for the community collection areas...
Read more about this article here...

Gorokar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Error. You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Error. You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
It's because a moderator approved this thread before the actual article was approved.

When someone submits an article, the actual article goes to an editor for approval, and the thread version goes to a moderator for approval. If a moderator approves the thread before an editor approves the article it causes that issue.

It should be fixed soon once an editor logs in and approves the article, sorry about that.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Problem has been fixed, the link works now :)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna: Greetings
EM Asiantam: can you change soul stone
EM Asiantam: I'd like to use it inside my pack
Mesanna: how so
EM Asiantam: is that going to happen?
EM Asiantam: inside the backpack
EM Asiantam: possible?
Mesanna: no then you create a big mess
Mesanna: people changing skills on the run
Mesanna: that would not be fair
EM Asiantam: thank you
Mesanna: thank you
EM Asiantam: understood
EM Asiantam: :)
Mesanna: most welcome
Mesanna: thanks for understanding
Just an Fyi, you can do this already even while flagged in pvp...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The part about soulstones being used in your backpack is a good one. Mesannas answer was being able to swap out on the fly wouldn't be fair. I'm assuming she means while fighting. There's already a 2 minute timer for swapping skills after combat, so I don't see what she means by that "that wouldn't be fair"....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just an Fyi, you can do this already even while flagged in pvp...
But you have to be in a safe log out zone, IMO Mesanna took it as the player wanted to be able to use them anywhere in the game.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But you have to be in a safe log out zone, Mesanna took it as the player wanted to be able to use them anywhere in the game.
You do need to be in a safe log-out zone, but you can "create" one Anywhere. you can do it on the alter of a fel champ-spawn if you wanted, by legal means, as well.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You do need to be in a safe log-out zone, but you can "create" one Anywhere. you can do it on the alter of a fel champ-spawn if you wanted, by legal means, as well.
If it is legal then why didn't you say how to do it then so others can learn.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me guess, you start a camp fire?
of course, as far as I know there's no other method to do this, it doesn't work everywhere, but you CAN log out while in combat using this method...

Edit: This was in the VvV town of Moonglow, you cannot switch skills while in combat, but you can log out if you have a bedroll while in combat. It's been that way for a very long time.

I tried to camp in despise at the alter, but apparently you're no longer able to start a camp in dungeons.
We use to "camp" all the time, in SA.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some very good questions from the Sakura community. Thank you for presenting it here.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Part that kind of took me by surprise

Kyronix : As long as we are around at least :)

I always think there is a little truth behind what people say. I know they would never confirm such a thing as UO's ending but to be a fly in broadswords WAR room would be awesome or really sad for us players. Probably nothing but you never know....

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

I always think there is a little truth behind what people say. I know they would never confirm such a thing as UO's ending but to be a fly in broadswords WAR room would be awesome or really sad for us players. Probably nothing but you never know....
That was such an odd comment to read from Kyronix. I also believe there's always some truth to things said, even in jest.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I wouldn't read too much into it. I added the "as long as we are around at least" disclaimer because I would hazard that back in '99 when I had just started playing I must've thought, "gee this feature should be around forever!" Fast forward to now and I've probably changed it hehe. No telling that 18 years from now a future dev may decide to rip out the Valley of One quest :) The take home message is that we have no intention of turning off the Valley of One or putting in one-time use content for that matter.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't read too much into it. I added the "as long as we are around at least" disclaimer because I would hazard that back in '99 when I had just started playing I must've thought, "gee this feature should be around forever!" Fast forward to now and I've probably changed it hehe. No telling that 18 years from now a future dev may decide to rip out the Valley of One quest :) The take home message is that we have no intention of turning off the Valley of One or putting in one-time use content for that matter.
yeah didn't think it meant anything but that conversation has to have been kicked around the office at some point. Less people playing, less new players and us old players eventually will die off, literally we will die of old age :)
"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." - Tyler Durden