• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Tiger Cub Quest Not Always Counting Cubs

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I went and did the tiger cub quest this morning, and I must have had to turn in 12+ to get credit for 5. None of the cubs died and I would get the "you watch the cub return to safety" message, but my quest count did not increase.

Anyone else notice this?

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has happened to me but only a few times, the odd cub here and there. I just figured I was taking too long to get the little chap to the bridge and that the cubs and villagers were just fed up with me.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, now I'm over doing the turtles... and twice now the egg has disappeared when it was supposed to "jostle". But when you try and get a new egg, it tells me I have already disturbed one...

Come on Devs, wtf!

@Kyronix @Bleak

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I went and did the tiger cub quest this morning, and I must have had to turn in 12+ to get credit for 5. None of the cubs died and I would get the "you watch the cub return to safety" message, but my quest count did not increase.

Anyone else notice this?
How far away from the tiger cub were you when it returned to the bridge?

What was the location of the nest where the egg disappeared?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How far away from the tiger cub were you when it returned to the bridge?

What was the location of the nest where the egg disappeared?
I was right next to the cubs, all of them.

One nest was the far SE corner of the sandy spawning area. The second nest was just SW of the bridge.

Both were on Napa Valley...

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know, I thought I saw this happen to me a few times, I'm not sure what causes it though.

Interesting.

I'll have to pay closer attention to it next time I do some of these quests.
Lake Superior-

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happened to me with the cubs a couple of times and about the only thing I noticed was that both times it happened was right after I did an area peace to free up the cub from poachers who were still there when the cub hit the bridge. Not sure if that's part of it, but who knows. I also stay very close to the cub at all times.

I had the nest thing happen too while peacing as well, but only once. The timeout to get another nest is quite long too!

-P.E.

Celestial_lich

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I've had this happen several times as well on my thrower (no peacing). Always within 3 - 5 tiles of the cub while flying

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed this some time ago - you must be by the bridge when the cub goes over if it's to count.
on the eggs always return to the egg that the initial poachers spawned by to have it jostle, all other eggs in the area will give the 'disturbed' notice. You can see that in practice here

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same for me. Sometimes it's count, sometime it doesnt. I dunno if you have to be in a specific range to the bridge to get the count.
On the other hand, one day i got a spawn of 10!! trappers when the little tiger is wandering to its rescue point.

And once i came to cage where a yellow and a grey tiger baby was inside. There was an unlimited spawn of thoose trappers.
The solution was to solve the puzzle and my, former yellow tiger, was released. Otherwise there would be continues spawn of trappers at this location.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Europa the other day i killed 8 to get 5 counts . No peace, did the same thing all the time. cub 4 5 6 didnt count. All cages near bridge and al llooked normal but no count.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I noticed this some time ago - you must be by the bridge when the cub goes over if it's to count.
on the eggs always return to the egg that the initial poachers spawned by to have it jostle, all other eggs in the area will give the 'disturbed' notice. You can see that in practice here
Perhaps you should re-read the posts. You can be next to the cub... close enough to get the return message and still not get credit for the quest.
You can't return to the egg that spawned the trappers to make it "jostle" if THAT egg disappears.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never had an egg disappear, so I can't comment on that - I have seen the message and not gotten a cub count - yes I was close to the cub, but I wasn't close to the bridge. I now always make sure I am between the cub and the bridge when the cub reaches it, and never behind the cub.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I've had the cub not count a couple of times. Always seems to happen if I'm not close to the bridge when he gets there, although I am close to the cub usually dealing with the spawn. I've never had an egg disappear tho. Some cubs seem to have a death wish and stay where I just killed the trappers till another appears or gets 3 different trappers spawning during the trip usually followed by a myrmadex spawn :(

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never had an egg disappear, so I can't comment on that - I have seen the message and not gotten a cub count - yes I was close to the cub, but I wasn't close to the bridge. I now always make sure I am between the cub and the bridge when the cub reaches it, and never behind the cub.
I know for sure I had at least one got to safetey and not count while I was standing on the bridge.