• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 92 Comes to Origin & Izumo

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are pleased to announce Publish 92 will be released to Origin by approximately 5pm ET. Izumo will be published during normal maintenance. We encourage everyone to continue to check the changes on TC1 as well as Origin & Izumo. Please read over the notes and feel free to email us with any feedback. Please note that until Publish 92 is deployed World Wide, on Origin & Izumo only, vendor search will not function properly in the Enhanced Client. Character transfers to Origin & Izumo will also not function. See you in Britannia, UO Team

Continue reading...

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, is this gonna be an end of week publish to all shards or early next week? Been waiting on this to play again.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont know about this runebook color change.

i sat down and mapped out my runebooks and colored them a certain way, then i went and logged in to all my 7-800 characters and dyed their runebooks so i would know at a glance what the book was gonna be.
my guys all carry at the very least 4 runebooks, mages a lot more then that, so lets say i wasted a couple days dying thousands of runebooks.

time well wasted i guess.

the first push gave us velour looking books, i shrugged it off but just logged into origin..... while i know and understand what the look was they where going for im a little miffed that im loosing my solid color books.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I was not sure about the first color change to the runebook covers, but the current colors are much improved. Of course that is just me and this is UHall.

WildStar

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Does this ever make you think Origin and Izumo and expendable shards? You seldom see Atlantic or Great Lakes used as crash test dummies :p

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Does this ever make you think Origin and Izumo and expendable shards? You seldom see Atlantic or Great Lakes used as crash test dummies :p
Origin was created as the live test shard...one of the reasons I decided to stay here!

It's always nice to have visitors to my home shard when we have publishes like this, I'm hoping that some decide to stick around :)

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
>>>>>>>>> Warcry cooldown has been reduced to 20 minutes from 1 hour.

20 minutes still means the same as 1 hour, really. Even if it is 10 or 5 minutes, it still doesn't make sense in terms of playability.
I'm talking about PvM here. Any boss/spawn fight lasts no longer than 20 minutes nowadays.

What are the technical numbers anyway? (damage reduction at each skill level & duration) If dev team think it is currently over-powered, they should just tweak it.
At 120 bushido/swords + level 2 mastery (my char), it is currently 40% damage reduction for 10 seconds.
You could easily change it to 25% or 30% with 60sec cooldown...etc.

Depending on the reduction level, cooldown should be no more than 90~120 seconds. (Benefit vs. Duration)

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
upload_2016-2-23_22-27-24.png

Is there any particular reason why there is a couch by the Eodon moongate? Did I miss something??

Trying to save baby tigers...wow..it's not easy! BUT I WILL PREVAIL!!!!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 43538

Is there any particular reason why there is a couch by the Eodon moongate? Did I miss something??
Its so you can sit there in peace while you survey the big, barren chunk of real estate the moongate occupies and realize how uninspired that small section of Eodon is... :devil:

(I'm guessing that a small Britannian settlement might spring up there one day *nudges @Kyronix*)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 43538

Trying to save baby tigers...wow..it's not easy! BUT I WILL PREVAIL!!!!
Its so you can sit there in peace while you survey the big, barren chunk of real estate the moongate occupies and realize how uninspired that small section of Eodon is... :devil:

(I'm guessing that a small Britannian settlement might spring up there one day *nudges @Kyronix*)
Tis so I can relax and marvel at my clever introduction of time-inspired motifs in the path layout, concentric circles formed into a pendulum...a clever nod to the endlessness of time in the Time of Legends...

Or it's because one day when having a discussion about alternate facings of the furniture I placed one with the wrong client. It'll be removed before we deploy WW. :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it was for Hawkwing to take a nap on. He must be tired by now standing a screen away trying to "push" his quest to everyone that walks past him.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Tis so I can relax and marvel at my clever introduction of time-inspired motifs in the path layout, concentric circles formed into a pendulum...a clever nod to the endlessness of time in the Time of Legends...
I think I like this explanation better! :)

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Before, and after:

I don't mind the richer colors, but the yellow ankh and corner details are WAY too pronounced, on both runebooks and atlases. The ankh isn't even the same color between atlases and runebooks either.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's because they want the game to be harder to play for colorblind people.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
went out with a guild mate and got into the new quest last night.
that was fun.
some parts of it i would NOT want to be doing solo, the Giant Ape for example.
also you really need more then 9 minutes to go find the camp at the very beginning of the quest chain.
i had no idea where it was, took me half a hour to find him, of course it was the last place i looked.

have gone through 4 of the 5 chain quests, stuck on the lava one right now, not really sure how to do it, died about 20 times so far running around and flailing about, will figure it out eventually im sure.

also, found the boss loot for for the ape and the T rex to be rather lackluster.
both myself and my guildmate where decked out in luck suits and highest piece we got was a lesser arty and i believe there was one, so maybe a bit of a pay increase?

oh, great ape encounter, really need some sort of ladder or a clearer way out of the pit area, the one pit i was able to run out of but the other i was lucky i was on a mage and could teleport.
i didnt stick around long enough to look for a better way out because i was getting redlined from the bananas but i would think some ladders to clearly show the way out would be a nice touch, or a more slopped side to make it obvious which way you need to run.

on that note, couple more wondering healers at the lava area, ape area and T rex area might be nice?

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I like this explanation better! :)
I was really hoping you were tying the couch into your forum avatar. Now, just so depressed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
went out with a guild mate and got into the new quest last night.
that was fun.
some parts of it i would NOT want to be doing solo, the Giant Ape for example.
also you really need more then 9 minutes to go find the camp at the very beginning of the quest chain.
i had no idea where it was, took me half a hour to find him, of course it was the last place i looked.

have gone through 4 of the 5 chain quests, stuck on the lava one right now, not really sure how to do it, died about 20 times so far running around and flailing about, will figure it out eventually im sure.

also, found the boss loot for for the ape and the T rex to be rather lackluster.
both myself and my guildmate where decked out in luck suits and highest piece we got was a lesser arty and i believe there was one, so maybe a bit of a pay increase?

oh, great ape encounter, really need some sort of ladder or a clearer way out of the pit area, the one pit i was able to run out of but the other i was lucky i was on a mage and could teleport.
i didnt stick around long enough to look for a better way out because i was getting redlined from the bananas but i would think some ladders to clearly show the way out would be a nice touch, or a more slopped side to make it obvious which way you need to run.

on that note, couple more wondering healers at the lava area, ape area and T rex area might be nice?
Lava area, run into the sand parts when the volcano heaves, the round parts on the very end are safe. In between dig in the rocky central area till you're told you have enough rocks. Need at least 3 NPC shovels - not sure if mining helps. Geoffrey is worried about the Myrmidex, so that's where he is :D

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lava area, run into the sand parts when the volcano heaves, the round parts on the very end are safe. In between dig in the rocky central area till you're told you have enough rocks. Need at least 3 NPC shovels - not sure if mining helps. Geoffrey is worried about the Myrmidex, so that's where he is :D
I did it with mining on Test and it still took a while, so I would guess the "drops" are independent of the skill, although I didn't try it without. You'll want a mount of some kind though.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have completed the 5 individual quests twice and my rewards are the Banana Horde deed and Tiger rug deed.

I really like the Ape quest, It is fun to do and when he tosses barrels at ya, it reminds me of the old donkey kong game!
Being tossed into the pit, just adds to the fun. The silverbacks are pretty much a 1 hit kill. (2 mystics were used)

I am glad the Trex has been chained to a specific area, much easier to locate him now.
The reduction in his HP is fantastic, (2 mystics ) and he was down 20min.

The Lava quest probably has taken me the longest to do, between running from the lava and killing the elementals that spawn.
No mining skill was used and I went through 10 shovels at 50 uses each to get 5 rocks needed.
Oh and thank you Dev's, for Adding how many rocks you have collected , as you obtain them:)

Freeing the Tiger cubs and the Dragon Turtles just takes a little patience and the Mysticism skill, "Mass sleep " helped out a lot.

As far as the rune books go, I did like the look and color the first time it changed, really made my neon books Pop!
This last change, I do not care for, as far as the color goes.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as the rune books go, I did like the look and color the first time it changed, really made my neon books Pop!
This last change, I do not care for, as far as the color goes.
Agree totally, I loved them before the last change, now they're impossible to tell apart on color variations. If we have a runebook dye tub to dye these, at least make it so it shows the colors please.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix -possible bug
I received the Tiger Cub statuette as a reward from the quest today.
Once the tiger cub was in my back pack, I could not take it out and add it to my bank box, it kept popping back into my pack.
I also tried transferring it via the trade window and it would go back into my pack and then I would crash.
I was able to drop it directly onto my guild mate and the transfer was successful this way but my guild mate also could not add tiger to his bank box either.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix -possible bug
Once the tiger cub was in my back pack, I could not take it out and add it to my bank box, it kept popping back into my pack.
I also tried transferring it via the trade window and it would go back into my pack and then I would crash.
I was able to drop it directly onto my guild mate and the transfer was successful this way but my guild mate also could not add tiger to his bank box either.
Tiger in a box = animal cruelty. PETA has infiltrated UO!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix -possible bug
Thanks for the report, we are investigating the issue.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
@Kyronix I really love this red NPC spawn from the Lock on the cage and the randum Ant spawn. It's step in the right direction to make the game more challengende.

Off Topic:
Next step could be to activate randum Brigand and orc spawn in Trammel and Malas and release the Dark Wisps in Trammel and Malas too, just keep the areals closest to towns more safe for weaker chars, who can't cast EV or RC. Just my opinion :devil:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though the new graphics lessens the appeal and eye identification of the neon runebooks, I still like the new design more than the old.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Would certainly be nice to see a splash more new art added over to the design of the new Lava rock display.
Not overly impressed with the look of it!. Funny how the quest items are more appealing than the reward itself.:(

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
@Kyronix
While doing the Tiger Cub rescue, one of the cages wasn't working correctly.
When you attempted the puzzle, the cage door would fly open and nothing would happen, almost like the puzzle was stuck.

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what happened to being able to mine just granite ? and being able to make stained glass windows ?

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what happened to being able to mine just granite ? and being able to make stained glass windows ?
It's in their list, we might see if in the future.... (this year or in many years to come) in other words... "Soon™"

kaiya_uo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to meet and greets questions and answers page, the granite option was supposed to be added in publish 92, along with the gloves or equivalent item for the gargoyles,
as you can see stated here Developer Meet & Greets – Ultima Online
Where as the stained glass windows there was no actual time frame given.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm off tomorrow so can I get my whirlwind damage back with tomorrow morning's maintenance? :)