Valentine's Gifts

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
I agree with a few folks on here.

What normally happens to the holiday gifts given to us by the Devs? They become clutter for our storage boxes and mostly wind up in the trash. While it's a good gesture, the time spent on it is honestly a waste of time.

I agree that they should just focus on the game itself.

I also agree that the Holidays should be left to the Event moderators. Each shard's EM produces an event story line and gives a reward at the end. Make it an everyone drop just for the holidays. That's what should happen.

For the last Valentine globalized event, all those items are considered clutter now, am I wrong? Yet, I wonder how much time was spent on the idea. With only 4 Developers in the game, I say leave them to do other important things and leave the responsibility for Holiday story fiction and reward giving to the Event Moderators.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
She got upset when everyone was critical of repurposed halloween crap...the christmas crap that wasnt tested and TOL content like a dragon turtle that is really a dragon.....so she is spanking us like ungrateful children. Sending us to virtual bed without our candy

conspiracy.jpg

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 22, 2007
I agree with a few folks on here.

What normally happens to the holiday gifts given to us by the Devs? They become clutter for our storage boxes and mostly wind up in the trash. While it's a good gesture, the time spent on it is honestly a waste of time.
Sometimes I felt like they gave us way too many gifts at once then a lot of it becoming clutter. In this sense I'd wish that instead of giving us 1 gift per character they would give us the gifts sparingly like 1 holiday gift per account or maybe 1 per shard so the gifts become much more meaningful, rare, and desirable to us instead of going straight into the trash bin or become a lot of worthless clutter.

Last edited:

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
Sometimes I felt like they gave us way too many gifts at once then a lot of it becoming clutter. In this sense I'd wish that instead of 1 gift per character they would give us the gifts sparingly like 1 holiday gift per account or maybe 1 per shard so the gifts become much more meaningful, rare, and desirable to us instead of going straight into the trash bin or become a lot of worthless clutter.
I agree somewhat. It use to be like this years ago. However, mass' of people started to complain because they wanted more and so they made it once per character.

I remember when I first started, it use to be once per account. Made it much more rare and desirable as you said. But because people feel they're entitled to everything, and they all formed a mass-mob and complained - it became what it is today. Now it all goes to the trash. And people still complain...

People never learn, yet wonder why things are like they are today.

The same people complain about EM Event items. Their argument is to make it an everyone drop. The thing is, that's not the purpose of the items anyway. The purpose, from a roleplaying standpoint, was to remember the event by, and is Rare.

It is also a marketing thing, as seen in all MMORPG's that concern rare items. Yes, it's profitable and it's a play style in the game. Yet.. the same people complain because they feel they are entitled to every single thing in this game... which is why it's in the horrible shape it's in now.

Last edited:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
Sometimes I felt like they gave us way too many gifts at once then a lot of it becoming clutter.
This is why the gift tickets are so good. Instead of flooding everyone with a gift box with everything in it, pick one.
the Anniversary tickets for example, one char picked a grandfather clock, one picked the dye tub, three picked display cases, and sold the other two on vendor.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
Scotland
Hey guys, looks like we got something after all, might need to take back what I said!
I logged on to Drachenfels after the server came back up and noticed the mailbox outside my keep had the little red flag up and had one item in it.
I never have mail so I had a look and inside was a stuffy cat. When I mouse over it, it says " A Dead Kitten" and a line underneath says
"I hate you all - Mesanna, 2016."
And it works as a bone container like the sleeping hamster, what a cool gift! Mine is agapite pink, does anyone know what the rare colours might be?

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
ohio
Don't most mmos give holiday gifts/have holiday events?
my memory might be a little fuzzy, I am getting a 'lil older, but the games I've played, lotro, aion,wow,vanguard,tabula rosa,swtor,tera, rift, I don't remember that gifts were given out. they might have had holiday events though. but the "gifts" you got were earned thru grinding/turning in points.
but, like I said, i'm getting a little forgetful these days :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 13, 2005
Staly Vagas
Most mmo's of the modern era have Holiday themed events where you can obtain special holiday items in-game and/or sales on cashshops.
UO has given out items in containers since....well forever, even when they "were" really busy we would just get re-hued items.

The issue here is not the fact they are busy or the fact they didn't give Valentines gifts, it's because they couldn't even be bothered to say anything about it AGAIN.
It just shows a lack of PR skills......or worse, that they just don't care anymore about keeping the players happy.
You can try and defend the situation however you like but the fact is that Ultima Online IS an item based game and the Holiday items are the "hit" for our pixel addictions.

They have forgotten the fact that WE pay their wages not EA. If we don't sub then EA pulls the plug and they are job hunting.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 1, 2008
Belgium
www.facebook.com
Something i really liked about WoW is that there's a lot to do when they have holidays/events.
Like achievements , special limited dungeons , special limited drops , event items that you can buy from a vendor.
(really LOVED the darkmoon faire)
There goes A LOT of effort into their events.

All UO has to do is drop a box or token in people's backpack and voila they're happy...despite paying more sub fee then most MMO's out there.
So ok UO has 4-5...or maybe even less devs...and can't offer events/gifts/entertainment like other games can when there are special days...but then maybe they should rethink their subscription fee.
They have to do something to lure new people and keep people...a high sub and very little events...isn't going to attract people

For some those gifts are clutter...for others they're nice.
I cherish them...
What seems like crap/clutter today can be very rare items in a few years.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 13, 2005
Staly Vagas
I agree,
I think PvP is crap and should be removed from UO but I don't go around shouting that they should spend more time bug fixing than trying to balance un-balanceable skills.
It would take about 2 hours and a very small patch to have put valentines gifts into the game this year but they couldn't be bothered.....probably already on holiday for this weeks US long weekend holls.

So yes, just because some don't like gifts don't give them the right to say nobody should get them.
........Get rid of PvP.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
...or worse, that they just don't care anymore about keeping the players happy.
That is not true - and it is not fair. We should not forget the TONS of new content and stuff they added since 2009. Every year people argued UO would die and there will never be new arcs, new addons, new expansions. And they came in very reliably. They do care, they care much. And you know that.

One point is true: They could have said anything about this. But another point is true too: If the only motivation for logging in is finding a bag with stuff in your backpack, people should really think about their motivation. What is the thrill of getting stuff this way? I never understood that. It´s a huge difference if you fight for something or if you simply hand out gifts. The result is (as in education): You get whining childs that want MORE MORE MORE and EXPECT STUFF instead of saying: THANKS FOR THE GREAT TIME! Thanks for Time of Legends, Thanks for the Tokens on Christmas, Thanks for the Masteries, Thanks for still being here...

Well, maybe I am just too much focusing on gameplay and simply enjoying the game...

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oct 2, 2013
Ontario
Items. All you greedy b..... care about is items. If silly presents are the only reason for paying your accounts or logging, well...

Pah, disgusting... Gimme Gimme Gimme...
Hmmm, last I checked, we are all paying for accounts. When they raised the price 50%, that extra 50% was specifically supposed to be for development of new content.

Time of Legends had less going on that some old Scenarios. A new map with (5 or so months in now) still very little going on, esp. relative to its size.
The 18th anniv bag was pretty uninspiring.
Halloween was a rerun.
Thanksgiving was a rerun.
Then Bird-magedon.
Christmas did add the atlas, but new functional items like that shouldn't be one-time gifts, imho. It should have been added with ToL and the recipe made possible to obtain in the future. As for rare boxes and plants, the drop rate was so low (under 1%) that many of us who normally turn extra accounts on for gifts didn't bother.
The devs took the entire month of December off.
The EMs apparently have all been told there'll be no more global EM giveaways like the stag or mutant elf, and we've been seeing fewer and fewer global EM clickies.

So I guess what I'm saying is, forgive us for actually hoping for new content, even if it is minimal.

Reactions: Capt. Lucky

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
Hmmm, last I checked, we are all paying for accounts. When they raised the price 50%, that extra 50% was specifically supposed to be for development of new content.

Time of Legends had less going on that some old Scenarios. A new map with (5 or so months in now) still very little going on, esp. relative to its size.
The 18th anniv bag was pretty uninspiring.
Halloween was a rerun.
Thanksgiving was a rerun.
Then Bird-magedon.
Christmas did add the atlas, but new functional items like that shouldn't be one-time gifts, imho. It should have been added with ToL and the recipe made possible to obtain in the future. As for rare boxes and plants, the drop rate was so low (under 1%) that many of us who normally turn extra accounts on for gifts didn't bother.
The devs took the entire month of December off.
The EMs apparently have all been told there'll be no more global EM giveaways like the stag or mutant elf, and we've been seeing fewer and fewer global EM clickies.

So I guess what I'm saying is, forgive us for actually hoping for new content, even if it is minimal.
I am just happy that the game still exists and enjoy it without demanding or expecting anything. Again: presents as reason for Login? Come on... Lame!

Reactions: Uvtha and kelmo

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2006
Personally a little kitty container would be sweet.... add in a small emote of purring when it opens... id be happy. I don't want a lot.
Some of us like a tiny item with a use.
It's ok .... I know I am not loved...*

*j/k I don't expect anything, its always nice when we do get something.

Reactions: Eärendil

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
Personally a little kitty container would be sweet.... add in a small emote of purring when it opens... id be happy. I don't want a lot.
Some of us like a tiny item with a use.
It's ok .... I know I am not loved...*

*j/k I don't expect anything, its always nice when we do get something.
I like this attitude. Its a big difference if people enjoy gifts or complain about getting no gifts.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sep 18, 2003
Canada (ya, there is snow)
The only thing I get from the lack of gifts from a day that historically they give us something and the continued silence from the high command just screams "the game is in caretaker mode"

Like how hard would it have been to give us a recycled heart box with a couple souls stone frag tokens?

Or just some souls stone frag tokens.

Or even just some soul stone frags....... With soul stone frags.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
The only thing I get from the lack of gifts from a day that historically they give us something and the continued silence from the high command just screams "the game is in caretaker mode"
We just got a big chunk of actual content, with new items and pets and land, handed to us for free and you think the game is in "caretaker mode" because you didn't get some bacon or a cake or some crap in your pack to throw away.

Riveting level of insight there, champ.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sep 18, 2003
Canada (ya, there is snow)
We just got a big chunk of actual content, with new items and pets and land, handed to us for free and you think the game is in "caretaker mode" because you didn't get some bacon or a cake or some crap in your pack to throw away.

are you still ticked at me? Has it been 28 days already?

not surprising i guess, you seem a little fixated.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas

No one was suggesting they rush up and create UO:The Second Coming or anything. Just drop something cool from the past into our packs.

Or at least own up to nothing coming, and tell us why not...WE pay them, not the other way around, ya know.

Reactions: Slayvite and Poo

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2011
Plunder Island
No one was suggesting they rush up and create UO:The Second Coming or anything. Just drop something cool from the past into our packs.

Or at least own up to nothing coming, and tell us why not...WE pay them, not the other way around, ya know.
You all seem to forget that they actually gave you something: Go to TC and check out the new publish.

I really cannot understand this lamento.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 13, 2005
Staly Vagas
Here is something for you conspiracy theorists,
I'm a beta tester for new game (to the west anyway) Black Desert online.
Last night while running around I came across a char named Mesanna, we exchanged pleasantries but when I asked if she was the Mesanna from UO........she logged out, spooky huh?
:tinhat::facepalm::tinhat:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lincoln, Nebraska
Here is something for you conspiracy theorists,
I'm a beta tester for new game (to the west anyway) Black Desert online.
Last night while running around I came across a char named Mesanna, we exchanged pleasantries but when I asked if she was the Mesanna from UO........she logged out, spooky huh?
:tinhat::facepalm::tinhat:
Even if it were her, so what? Is she not allowed to play other games? Must she be working on UO 24/7? I don't know about you but there is actually a part of my life that happens when I'm not at my job. :)

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 15, 2008
Just got logged in, got my gift. Now to find that glacial box

714Wjvonc+L._SY355_.jpg

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 13, 2005
Staly Vagas
Even if it were her, so what? Is she not allowed to play other games? Must she be working on UO 24/7? I don't know about you but there is actually a part of my life that happens when I'm not at my job. :)
Lol, I really doubt it was her, but if it was it would have been during her work day and we don't pay them to play games at work. :p

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2004
The same people complain about EM Event items. Their argument is to make it an everyone drop. The thing is, that's not the purpose of the items anyway. The purpose, from a roleplaying standpoint, was to remember the event by, and is Rare.
This is an interesting concept. First you are implying that players shouldn't complain about EM event items and want a drop for everyone at an event and then that the purpose of the item is to remember the event by. Which is primarily the reason many people want a drop for everyone. The way it works now only some players (and quite often the same ones) get a drop. What then, do the rest of the attendees get to remember it by?. Also I am not aware of any statement, ever, that EM event drops were intended to be 'rare', why should they be 'rare' if they were intended to be mementoes.? They are only significant to those who were at the event.They have certainly ended up that way, which is why I have ceased going to events. When we used to get the occasional clicky as a memento I enjoyed them immensely but those days are long gone. Once we had great storylines to follow, now they have denigrated to perma killfests to obtain a 'drop', not for me thank you. I have my items from years past, which I treasure and the fact that many of them are now very 'rare' indeed means nothing to me. Their value means nothing, the memories they evoke everything.

So as i no longer obtain, or bother to try to obtain, items from EM events I look forward with interest to the gifts given at various anniversaries. I for one am disappointed, not least by the total lack of communication.

Last edited:

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
I think I'd rather the artist spent his time creating content rather than gifts tbh. Do we really need more valentine gifts?
It doesn't take that long nor is it that hard to create something.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2004
Tyria
I so predicted this when the UO newsletter topic came about. lol

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
The way it works now only some players (and quite often the same ones) get a drop.
Let me welcome you to the latest update done to event items that became live around a year ago. Drops are random based on looting rights. You get looting rights, you get a chance at a drop. A skilled player gets looting rights, we will call him/her PersonA. A new player that barely has any skill gets looting rights, we will call him/her PersonB.

PersonA and PersonB have the same exact chance to get a drop even with the drastic differences between then both.

Also I am not aware of any statement, ever, that EM event drops were intended to be 'rare', why should they be 'rare' if they were intended to be mementoes.?
This statement came around 6+ years ago when the EM program was created. Lets take a step back and analyze not just Ultima Online. If you look at any MMORPG out there, there is a system in each that progresses than hands out a rare item. The system for UO is EM Events. While the item does hold significance to the story arc, the whole premise of the item was to be rare.

If you go to an event, and the story fiction exclaims that an ancient relic belonging to the Priests of Mondain lay scattered in the wastelands of Malas, and only the strong may inherit it's location. Once at this location, a beast is guarding this sacred treasure. When it is slayed, only then can one claim their price.

Oh, well lets just drop 200 of those 'ancient relics'.

It doesn't make sense to the story fiction, at all. So it's a little of both. A memento to remember the event by, but it is also meant to be rare because that's the whole premise of the event anyway - is to recover a sacred artifact (most usually).

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 20, 2004
Let me welcome you to the latest update done to event items that became live around a year ago. Drops are random based on looting rights. You get looting rights, you get a chance at a drop. A skilled player gets looting rights, we will call him/her PersonA. A new player that barely has any skill gets looting rights, we will call him/her PersonB.

PersonA and PersonB have the same exact chance to get a drop even with the drastic differences between then both.
You may well be right and the system has been changed, however as I gave up on events prior to that time I have not bothered to keep up with any changes. But based on my experiences at events before I stopped going I would still take issue with your argument regarding probabilities. The chances of your Person B with barely any skill getting looting rights is probably infinitesimal, He would have a much greater chance of collecting innumerable robes and spending time getting ressed than getting rights.

Person A on the other hand would almost certainly get looting rights and I fail to see how you regard that as an equal chance.

[/QUOTE]
If you go to an event, and the story fiction exclaims that an ancient relic belonging to the Priests of Mondain lay scattered in the wastelands of Malas, and only the strong may inherit it's location. Once at this location, a beast is guarding this sacred treasure. When it is slayed, only then can one claim their price. .[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and I got bored with the endless times of doing just that. Killing a long succession of damn near invulnerable Bosses is just not my cup of tea. A little cerebral activity would not go amiss.

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
are you still ticked at me? Has it been 28 days already?

not surprising i guess, you seem a little fixated.
I'm sorry, do you think you're somehow important enough for me to keep track of when and how often I correct you? Making reference to "caretaker mode" a few months after the release of an expansion, a FREE expansion no less, was completely boneheaded. Deal with it.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jun 20, 2010
The chances of your Person B with barely any skill getting looting rights is probably infinitesimal, He would have a much greater chance of collecting innumerable robes and spending time getting ressed than getting rights.

Person A on the other hand would almost certainly get looting rights and I fail to see how you regard that as an equal chance.
I can personally debunk this. At the start of the new system, I had formed an hypothesis that new players could get looting rights.

In the year of 2015, I received around 12 event items from freshly made characters.

Half would come from a new player fighting skill just doing damage and half would come from taking direct damage from the boss.

I'm just going to plainly state it and if anyone gets offended, then so be it. I am tired of repeating it over and over. Whilst I repeat it, these same people are purposefully ignorant to the cause and effect that is at play.

If people spent as much time learning how to actually play this game as they do complaining... then there is nothing to actually complain about. It goes back to the fact that so many feel they are entitled to a drop. It's as easy as getting looting rights. It really is. I've gotten around 12 just on freshly made characters. I did so in the name of experimentation and trying to figure out the system. I, personally, went out and tried my best to figure out the drop system and what do you know... I get drops.

Quit acting like you're entitled to everything this game has. It's also unfortunate that often times the Devs cater to those type of people... which is, in my opinion, the reason this game is like it is currently.

However, if you want to get back to the origin of the question. Why do you feel that you're entitled to a drop? The majority of the time people say: "well I go to events and I die too, so why can't I get a drop?"

Once again, you're missing the originating factor. EM Events started off as a mass role-playing aspect to the game. So... that means participate within the story. Do the quest lines. Participate with the roleplaying. Add your twist to the story. I can guarantee you that yourself and others do not do this.

I'm a very keen observer. I know almost all roleplayers on the shards, because I too interact roleplaying wise. I won't deny that I do have a passion for the items too. You see, the most common thing I see is the people who complain that they want a drop every single time... do nothing but just stand idle at events. Don't participate in the roleplaying. Don't participate in the fighting unless it's forced-participation or boss. Don't aid players around you.

Just sit and wait.

That is what entitlement is called.

Now I'm not saying you specifically, but in a general term, this is the opposing argument of why there 'should' be everyone drops at Events.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
I have mixed feelings about another ruined holiday. If they're going to keep turning out uninspired junk, well I'd just as soon not get anything. Sure we pay them for this kinda content and we're ignored.... again. Sure some see gifts as having no value (which the last few years I can understand), play the game the way you want. I see these holidays as a potentially very exciting time. I'm an items guy. I'm a collector guy. So my game just got hosed again. I really enjoy hunting to complete a collection I need. Trading with people, etc.

But when they finally create something it's mostly crap. The goblets, wine flutes, hideous plants, vases, etc were just putrid. Perspective horribly off, didn't fit into the feel of UO at all, etc. Hmmm a four foot tall coffee pot, lol. They can make up awesome EM event gifts that are actually very cool. Churn out tons of different ones. Go through a decent effort for a 10 item drop. Simple recolors and renames and many EM event drops are simply awesome. Comes to holidays they are clueless. I did like the marble bars very much, can't tell you how many millions I've spent on those. But honestly that's the only decent thing that comes to mind in the few years I've been back concerning gifts. I'm so completely sick of expansions. Much time wasted there imho. I think they are required by EA to churn out an expansion a year., but holidays in UO seem over. It really is very sad. It so clearly illustrates the decline of UO and the lack of the dev team "getting it". A lack of focus and energy. Nice chat it up and newsletters, but they talk the talk and can't walk the walk. They rehash holidays, ignore them completely, or honestly just hose em up. I'm really bummed about the whole thing. Every day it seems just harder to log in. But if they're unable to create a cool holiday or gift anymore, just pass on it. We get where this is going. 5 people or so on the dev team can't reclolor a stuffy bear or something and stick a date on it? Cut and paste the same gift code they've used a 100 times? Pathetic. If they're not ashamed I'll be ashamed for them. It's the team of "can't do". But if the best they can turn out is the same old stupid neon off center plant in a gift box that's been used a 100 times with crap in it.... yeah... just pass on it. Hey how about those gingerbread man cookies kids? I'll just *sigh* and shake my head... again. I say this at a time when I'm trying (or was trying) to be on good terms with the dev team to address the 90 day exploit, but I see it's all a case of nobody cares and they'll tell you whatever you want to hear. Yes I've pretty much given up hope for UO. Screw it. There will always be another game out there. But wouldn't you think the dev team would want a chance at another job after they've buried UO? Whatever.... just sail along and take a nap lol I honestly don't enjoy having to post things like this, but for the love of God team, wake up.

I've had a real life situation that has kept me from keeping the boards in line. :) Certainly not helping my current attitude. I'm still dealing with it. I had a few minutes and wanted to address this while I had a brief eye of the hurricane moment. I got my eye on the peanut gallery in other threads and I will deal with you when my situation allows ;) Until then I'll be focusing on a more important matters. I know my fans hate it when I'm not hammering on something, so there ya go ;)

Reactions: Cyrah

hungrymedusa1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Jan 29, 2016
USA
I just re registered after 4 ish years away. I'm not complaining about not getting a gift. I usually don't love them anyway.

It sure does make me sad, though! Holiday gifts are a part of UO. It's like missing grandma's pie at Christmas because she's too old and frail to cook it any more.

Reactions: Mina_Lino

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
I've had a real life situation that has kept me from keeping the boards in line. :) Certainly not helping my current attitude. I'm still dealing with it. I had a few minutes and wanted to address this while I had a brief eye of the hurricane moment. I got my eye on the peanut gallery in other threads and I will deal with you when my situation allows ;) Until then I'll be focusing on a more important matters. I know my fans hate it when I'm not hammering on something, so there ya go ;)
Luck to you my friend. Hope everything ends up alright.

Reactions: Capt. Lucky