• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

How about... (Devs plz read)

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a horse barding deed? Just like a dragon barding deed for swamp dragons.

I'm bored of always having to ride a swamp dragon for the 20% damage reduction. And an armored horse would match much better with a paladin or any other warrior / knight.

Theoretically there could be even a barding deed for any rideable mount.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There long-have been similar proposals. Many would like to see it.

Many approaches are possible and a suitable graphic already exists: The Charger of the Fallen. In the EC, at least the last time I looked, the Charger's graphic was the same as that used for a Faction Warhorse (basically a horse with armor draped around it, of the appropriate color). This means that appropriate art exists in both clients.

There was the addition of the Blackthorn items, which had different graphics from but properties identical to items existing in the game. Maybe the success of that system (and it has been successful, as near as I can tell from observation alone) will convince them that other similar systems, wherein powers already in-game are put on something that looks different, may be appropriate.

-Galen's player

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Would not mind seeing this

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a cool idea :)
Make barding deeds for faction war-horses too..

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree completely, they even have an item already called a horse barding deed, or something like that, but its just a wooden horse with armor to lock down in your house.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Even dye-able cosmetic deeds would be nice so you can show off your guild/personal colors in an rp event or something and don't want to try and forget your riding on top of a giant weird looking dinosaur.

Here's a few tasty examples to get those creative juices flowing.

and um.. maybe.

Maybe to make it "easier" to get this going, perhaps make a new mount that looks basically like a horse and just have it called a war stallion or something, same difficulty to tame as a swamp dragon, maybe have to kill some cavaliers riding them to free them up like the chaos dragoon and chaos dragoon elites on swamp dragons. The point though, only "war stallion" could be equipped with the new barding, leaves current horses un-messed with, and possibly avoids some bugs with current ones.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if they cannot come out with new one slot pack teams. Give the frenzy osi some armor would work. When ridable polar bears and tigers become tames they will need armor also.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like some kind of barding - not only for horses, but also for fighting mounts, i.e. Nightmares, Dread Warhorse, Frenzied Ostard ... or any other pet. Killer chicken with steel armor for the win ;-)

Winter

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The developers have mentioned a future pet publish, so maybe this is something that could be included - but as Duncan alluded to, make sure it's balanced.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Make them work for any rideable. Why stop at horses. The barding does not affect the pet's stats.

Why cant I ride into battle on my hyru?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like such a thing on my dragon... I've seen other games where Dragons and mounts can wear jewelery..... necklace, bracers, etc... claws.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It'd be nice and very useful, lead to some diversity.

So we probably won't get it.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone of the broadsword devs read it this time. I think it would be a very nice feature and the devs can show us here that they know their business

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone of the broadsword devs read it this time.
From UO.com's Support Center:

Feedback
We love hearing your feedback and ideas! Submit your suggestions, issues, and questions by filling out the Contact Form. Feedback will not generally get a response, we read and track each and every one.
I'd link to this thread though just in case they haven't seen it. Lots of support here. /Signed.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a horse barding deed? Just like a dragon barding deed for swamp dragons.

I'm bored of always having to ride a swamp dragon for the 20% damage reduction. And an armored horse would match much better with a paladin or any other warrior / knight.

Theoretically there could be even a barding deed for any rideable mount.
I say just let them go on any pet mount and just change the color of the pet to the barding color. No need for extra graphics. I think everyone hates having to use the pickle. Plus it's just nicer when everyone isn't riding the same mount.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I say just let them go on any pet mount and just change the color of the pet to the barding color. No need for extra graphics. I think everyone hates having to use the pickle. Plus it's just nicer when everyone isn't riding the same mount.
Yes kinda like not seeing everyone wearing a robe and an apron anymore.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i don't understand why no dev can make a statement here. E.g. Kyronix answers many questions but not here. Whats the problem telling us if this might be implemented or not?????

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well i don't understand why no dev can make a statement here. E.g. Kyronix answers many questions but not here. Whats the problem telling us if this might be implemented or not?????
Best to use the @ tag if you it's something you want me to definitely see, if I can answer it, I will. We've talked about a lot of what has shown up in this thread in the broader context of a pet revamp. Nothing solid, but in a general "what is possible, plausible etc" barding items for different pets has been part of the conversation. I'm particularly fond of lama and ostard barding!

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow that was fast. Thx for the answer. At least we can hope that sth from this thread will be converted

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Best to use the @ tag if you it's something you want me to definitely see, if I can answer it, I will. We've talked about a lot of what has shown up in this thread in the broader context of a pet revamp. Nothing solid, but in a general "what is possible, plausible etc" barding items for different pets has been part of the conversation. I'm particularly fond of lama and ostard barding!
Quoting, but I'll tag you just the same, @Kyronix. Can we get "new" pets? I understand the Dragon Turtle is new, but it's still essentially a Greater Dragon. Is there any possibility of including pets with power similar to that of a Greater. but with different elemental dmg types? To date, the only time you'll see 100% dmg on pets is if it's physical - there are no pets that do pure fire/cold/energy/poison damage - thinking something like a Greater White Wyrm that does 100% cold damage.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes kinda like not seeing everyone wearing a robe and an apron anymore.
I still do.

Not because I like it but because I don't want to grind 200 damn Minax artifacts for stats I already get. If I could just trade the conjurer's garb and crimson cincture I have, I would.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I still do.

Not because I like it but because I don't want to grind 200 damn Minax artifacts for stats I already get. If I could just trade the conjurer's garb and crimson cincture I have, I would.
I would have preferred being able to alter the things for something in the same slot myself. But what do you do?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have preferred being able to alter the things for something in the same slot myself. But what do you do?
Not bother with that terrible dungeon and its whacked content...at all.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Quoting, but I'll tag you just the same, @Kyronix. Can we get "new" pets? I understand the Dragon Turtle is new, but it's still essentially a Greater Dragon. Is there any possibility of including pets with power similar to that of a Greater. but with different elemental dmg types? To date, the only time you'll see 100% dmg on pets is if it's physical - there are no pets that do pure fire/cold/energy/poison damage - thinking something like a Greater White Wyrm that does 100% cold damage.
New pets have come up in the context of a pet revamp as well, and part of what you are describing is something we've talked about. If you have specific suggestions for future pets, feel free to send us an email with your idea. Thanks!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great thread and comments all

Well done

@Kyronix Your interactions with the community are great and appreciated more than you know

Thank you

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I see np with horse able to use armor but needs to be 3 slots just like swampy, the faction horses are more powerful than a normal horse, and with armor, just another nail for non vvv people.

Modoc

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
There long-have been similar proposals. Many would like to see it.

Many approaches are possible and a suitable graphic already exists: The Charger of the Fallen. In the EC, at least the last time I looked, the Charger's graphic was the same as that used for a Faction Warhorse (basically a horse with armor draped around it, of the appropriate color). This means that appropriate art exists in both clients.

There was the addition of the Blackthorn items, which had different graphics from but properties identical to items existing in the game. Maybe the success of that system (and it has been successful, as near as I can tell from observation alone) will convince them that other similar systems, wherein powers already in-game are put on something that looks different, may be appropriate.

-Galen's player
Little Wordy but Yea what he said. I would loved to see this :drool: